Goosebumps, Fear Street, and Other R.L. Stine Books

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
1. What's your favorite Goosebumps book?
2. What's your favorite Fear Street book?
3. What's your favorite misc. R.L. Stine book?
4. Any other thoughts on the man and his work?

i was all about goosebumps when i was a kid! i remember writing RL Stine a letter saying they should have a TV show. he didnt write back. but like a year later there was a Goosebumps TV show. i'd like to take credit for that. even though i remember the show sucking.

I don't recall which goosebumps book was my favorite, but I was addicted to these things in my 2nd grade thru 4th grade years. :) I guess maybe this one with werewolves where you picked your own path through the story. I can't recall the name, but its not the Werewolf of Fever Swamp one though.

The Fear Street book I remember really liking was this one where these kids moved into the uncle's house, and their uncle had been a former magician. They found these glasses that let them see these wierd little creatures that helped their uncle do all his magic tricks.

I was never a huge fan. I remember The Haunted Mask was a favourite when i was a kid, though. The Fox Kids Series wasnt bad either...

The best Goosebumps book was The Haunted Mask and the best Fear Street book was Wrong Number. As for the TV show...it was alright.

The Night of the Living Dummy series was easily the best. It made me afraid of ventriloquists.

Which might be part of why I can't stand Jeff Dunham.

oh, I LOVED these Goosebumps books! I saw some in a market the other day, and had to resist the urge to buy em. My fav, well i don't know if it was my favourite, but Be careful what you wish for stuck in my mind.

Fear street, I liked the Catalunya Chronicles... What's better than a witch stuck in the body of a car?

The Night of the Living Dummy series was easily the best.
I was just gonna post that. Those ones were solid. One Day at Horrorland, Be Careful What You Wish For, and The Horror at Camp Jellyjam are ones that I can remember. But I pretty much had every book up until The Coocoo Clock of Doom. Damn is that nerdy or what?

I also had a ton of the old Fear Street books...so formulaic, but great at the time.

R.L. wrote some really cool G.I. Joe books too back in 88-89.

Wasn't there a "Choose Your Own Scare" book about a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly in a basement fridge? One made the "reader" grow larger, the other smaller. I cannot remember the title for the life of me... but I remember that it blew my mind... numerous times. Then there was the "Circus of Fear" one, when the "Choose Your Own Scare" series got re-vamped.

Horrifying.

There was also a story about garden gnomes... and another about puppets... and a another one about an amusement park.

I find my memory of Goosebumps somewhat spotty since I went through two or three each week.

I loved the Night of the Living Dummy series.

2n0sif6.jpg

1p8bir.jpg

9iqqyr.jpg

These three were my favourites :up:

^^ have all of those, and the top one was most certainly a favorite.

The Night of the Living Dummy series was easily the best. It made me afraid of ventriloquists.

Which might be part of why I can't stand Jeff Dunham.

Loved so many of them but those were easily my favorite. :up:

book3un0.jpg

this little piggy right here was my favorite. the cover scared the crap out of me. thats something i loved about Goosebumps is that every issue had great art. At least that what i thought back then

I learn something new everyday. That sounds cool. I gotta check those out.

They are worth checking out because they are actually pretty well detailed for "kiddie" books. He did one involving Chuckles (an undercover agent for the Joes) and the amount of detail he put into Chuckles and his process of "becoming" someone was kind of astounding.

As for the Goosebumps series my faves were Night of the Scarecrow, Haunted Mask, Night of the living Dummy, and one involving Gnomes. Cant recall the title but the books upstaires in a box somewhere. Did anyone actually watch the Goosebumps t.v. show?

Did anyone actually watch the Goosebumps t.v. show?

Yes! It aired on FOX Kids for a few years. And the repeats were a ratings hit for Cartoon Network the past two Halloween's.

I watched the show on YTV. That and Are You Afraid of the Dark?.

I loved the old Goosebumps books as a kid and still enjoy reading them once in a while. I also enjoyed the Give Yourself Goosebumps series, which was pretty entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"