Gore vs. Bush and the 2000 election debacle, 8 years later.

The recounts stopped would not of given Gore the victory as is, various independent reports have shown that. The Butterfly Ballot was designed by a Democrat heavy county, so that can not be pointed to either. Also, it could be argued that the media calling Florida for Gore with the Republican rich Central Time Zone still counting votes, potential George Bush voters went home (being from west Florida, I know some people that turned around in their car personally).
I haven’t seen Recount, but I have acquainted myself with many of the findings about the Florida election made by Greg Palast, one of the most extraordinary investigative journalists around. The significant criticism about the butterfly ballot was not that the design was bad but that numerous requests for replacement ballots to correct mistakes, which are required to be fulfilled as per state law, were turned down.

As for whether Gore would have won or not, if you figure in all the Gore supporters who were barred from voting by the DBT felon list, whose contents were only 5% correct, then it is presumable he actually won Florida by more than 20,000 votes, even forgetting all the chad hullabaloo. DBT was supposed to make telephone calls to verify the felon status of each person on their lists, but not a single call was ever made according to records; hence the gross inaccuracy of their data and the suspicion they were actually enlisted by the Republicans to help ruin the election in favor of Bush.

The recounts stopped would not of given Gore the victory as is, various independent reports have shown that. The Butterfly Ballot was designed by a Democrat heavy county, so that can not be pointed to either. Also, it could be argued that the media calling Florida for Gore with the Republican rich Central Time Zone still counting votes, potential George Bush voters went home (being from west Florida, I know some people that turned around in their car personally).
Furthermore, according to the study conducted by the University of Chicago’s National Opinion Research Center, the single most authoritative assessment of the recount, if all the ballots had been recounted statewide, Gore would have won conclusively, even without “overvotes.” Just because Gore didn’t request such a comprehensive recount does not make impertinent this conclusion at which the study arrived. Combine this with the DBT fiasco, and you get a pretty clear picture of who should have won. The DBT list suggests everything was rigged altogether.

hmm...interesting....

[YT]Slmr024JYaA[/YT]

It was all rigged so Bush could win.

First time I've posted in the political section, but it's because of things like that (contents of the video above) that I can't get into politics. Most politicians are masters at decieving, they promise you X to get elected and deliver on none or partially on 1 of those things, or go the completely opposite route of what they promised. Honestly I've tried to care, but the majority of the time I find myself trying to pick the lesser of two evils knowing that the very politics they spout that would draw me in and get my attention are things they'll forget about once in office.

I know you always get, "Can't complain if you don't vote", but it's situations like our current, and past decade of politics that make me not care to vote. It's just some tic, but I can't pull myself to vote for or back someone I don't trust or belive in.

As for the topic, I think something underhanded went down, which considering it's a job that entails the highest leadership forged with trust with other foreign leaders, is sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"