Got Baby?

Congrats, Jag (as if that hasn't been said enough).

Warmest regards to Jagwife and Jagbaby.

Congrats Jag, and if there is concern about his low birth weight, I was 4'6" and 6 weeks early and this was back in 1971. I have no health effects from it except a tendency towards getting coughs when I catch a cold
4 feet, 6 inches? Jesus, you were an ENORMOUS baby! :wow: Props to your mother.

Congradulations Jag!!

I'm sure things will go well with the kid. He is a good size! You seem to have it all dude. You're a lucky man :D

Congratulations, man. He's gonna be doing reps at 5 months, ain't he? That little son of a gun probably came out with a full 5 'o clock shadow.

Congrats Jag! How early can you put him on protein shakes and get him doing ATG squats? Just kidding, best wishes to a speedy recovery to him and the miss.

Will you ban me if I agreed with you? :D

WHOA! How'd I miss this thread? Congrats Jag. Now that you're a father... you can speak to your son of the evils of high fructose corn syrup. Teach him to be a healthy, strong boy who knows a computer almost as well as he knows the inside of a gym. Teach him the evils of flash tats. Teach him the benefits of interracial marriage. Teach him the wisdom of being well rounded. Have fun with him and don't ever sacrifice time with him for anything else. Its time you'll never get back. You'll be a great father. :up:

And for God's sake--keep him away from Hooters!

The baby is gonna be a combination of Jag's Wolverine-esque stature and upper body strength, coupled with the wife's spicy Latin American flava and cheekbones. It's gonna be a superbaby.

Folks, many thanks for all the kind words, well wishes, humorous comments and the PM's of congratulations. They're all very much appreciated! To say that I am a proud father would be an understatement. :) Things are going very, very well for both Mom and baby alike. Mom comes home this evening and is up and running around, terrorizing the hospital staff and getting to spend lots of time with her son in the NICU. For someone who had some pretty major surgery not even three days ago, I'm absolutely amazed at her strength and speedy recovery. The folks in the NICU have also been very accommodating of my wife and I, letting us spend as much time with him as we like. He loves to hold onto Daddy's finger and squeeze and wiggles his feet and hands quite a bit when he hears our voices. My son has all the nurses in the NICU wrapped around his little finger. He's my little rock star. Not even three days old and he's already pulling groupies. Every time I call or go in there to see him, all the nurses and the girls at the front desk have to tell me how adorable he is. That's my boy! :D His progress has been very remarkable as well. When he was born, his infection was rated at a 10 and his breathing was very, very poor so they had to put him on 100% oxygen and then onto their heavy-duty ventilator. By yesterday morning, his infection was rating at a 5.7 on the scale they use and they'd graduated him to a regular ventilator. By evening, yesterday, he was breathing 21% oxygen through the ventilator, which is what we breath. This morning, his infection is fading even more (the numbers weren't in yet) and they've been using the ventilator sparingly to help him along when he needs it but he's doing a good bit of the breathing work all on his own already. He's gotten a touch of jaundice, which was expected, so he's hanging out in his bedside tanning salon while his harem of nurses attend to his every need. He's still needing to have his blood pressure regulated as it's been a tad low, which is fairly common when there's an infection to fight off. He's also had some temperature regulating issues that they're trying to sort out. Overall, his progress has been remarkable. Still no word on when we'll be able to bring him home, but we hope we'll have more of an idea about that in the next few days. Still no pictures of him just yet; we really don't want any pictures of him with a bunch of tubes, IV's and wires hanging out of him, to be honest. The night nurse has promised to take a picture or two of him for us the next time they've got him unhooked from everything to get him cleaned up, so we'll see about maybe sharing a picture when we are able to.

Again, thanks for all the support, gang. Very much appreciated.

Cheers,
jag

Congratulations on the new arrival...

now keep the sweet innocent thing as far away from this site as possible....

Folks, many thanks for all the kind words, well wishes, humorous comments and the PM's of congratulations. They're all very much appreciated! To say that I am a proud father would be an understatement. :) Things are going very, very well for both Mom and baby alike. Mom comes home this evening and is up and running around, terrorizing the hospital staff and getting to spend lots of time with her son in the NICU. For someone who had some pretty major surgery not even three days ago, I'm absolutely amazed at her strength and speedy recovery. The folks in the NICU have also been very accommodating of my wife and I, letting us spend as much time with him as we like. He loves to hold onto Daddy's finger and squeeze and wiggles his feet and hands quite a bit when he hears our voices. My son has all the nurses in the NICU wrapped around his little finger. He's my little rock star. Not even three days old and he's already pulling groupies. Every time I call or go in there to see him, all the nurses and the girls at the front desk have to tell me how adorable he is. That's my boy! :D His progress has been very remarkable as well. When he was born, his infection was rated at a 10 and his breathing was very, very poor so they had to put him on 100% oxygen and then onto their heavy-duty ventilator. By yesterday morning, his infection was rating at a 5.7 on the scale they use and they'd graduated him to a regular ventilator. By evening, yesterday, he was breathing 21% oxygen through the ventilator, which is what we breath. This morning, his infection is fading even more (the numbers weren't in yet) and they've been using the ventilator sparingly to help him along when he needs it but he's doing a good bit of the breathing work all on his own already. He's gotten a touch of jaundice, which was expected, so he's hanging out in his bedside tanning salon while his harem of nurses attend to his every need. He's still needing to have his blood pressure regulated as it's been a tad low, which is fairly common when there's an infection to fight off. He's also had some temperature regulating issues that they're trying to sort out. Overall, his progress has been remarkable. Still no word on when we'll be able to bring him home, but we hope we'll have more of an idea about that in the next few days. Still no pictures of him just yet; we really don't want any pictures of him with a bunch of tubes, IV's and wires hanging out of him, to be honest. The night nurse has promised to take a picture or two of him for us the next time they've got him unhooked from everything to get him cleaned up, so we'll see about maybe sharing a picture when we are able to.

Again, thanks for all the support, gang. Very much appreciated.

Cheers,
jag

Man, I'm really glad to hear everyone's doing well. :up:

Awesome, jag. Glad to hear everything and everyone is doing better.

Congrats on the Baby, hopefully he'll be home soon and then the real fun begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"