Got Baby?

My son continues to progress very, very rapidly. At this point, he's completely off the ventilator and oxygen and is breathing on his own entirely. He's off his blood pressure meds as well and the jaundice is gone. The infection he had when he was born is but a memory. He's finishing out his round of antibiotics, and just had his last dosage of neoprofin yesterday to help the valve in his heart close (they'll be checking that via ectocardiogram this afternoon to see if it did the trick), but other than those things he isn't on any other medications. He's also started breastfeeding as of yesterday and my wife is staying at the hospital so she can feed him every couple of hours when he gets hungry. They're supplementing his breastfeeding with bottle-feedings of collustrum and milk from his mother, so he's pretty well on a steady diet of the good stuff, now. Tonight, I believe they're going to move him to a crib from the little incubator compartment they've had him in which is also a great sign.

Last night I got to hold him for the first time after he was done getting some dinner. He fell asleep in my arms and snuggled up with me, content as can be. I guess he woke up about 10 minutes after I put him to bed so I could come home and get some rest and was PISSED...OFF! LOL! The kid's got a set of lungs on him, now, I tell you. He's got dad's uber-loud voice and is not shy about letting people know when he's not happy with them. :funny: I also got to change my first diaper last night. The novelty of that wore off REAL fast and he hasn't even entered the stinky poo phase. Something to look forward to.

Still no word on when we'll be able to bring him home, but most of the above wasn't really supposed to happen with him for another week or so, according to the doc, so he's way ahead of schedule. I'm sure it won't be a whole lot longer before he's home and at least taking all the extra driving between here and the hospital out of our sleep deprivation schedule. :D

jag

Congratz man!
Be sure to keep the receipt.

Congrats Jag! And yes, I have a baby as well. :)

Awesome jag, glad to here the continued and speedy improvements with your son. :up:

Yeah, I know it's rough having to deal with the random medications and what not man, but the improvements you say are taking place mean it's all for the greater good. Keep us up to date.

They're supplementing his breastfeeding with bottle-feedings of collustrum and milk from his mother, so he's pretty well on a steady diet of the good stuff, now.
Just make sure they don't add any High Fructose Corn Syrup!

It's pretty well-known that I am strongly opposed to procreation, but good luck with the human you have made.

Wow, I guess Jag should have checked with you first huh, W-S? ;) I'm glad everything is going well, Jag. I expect baby pictures soon.

Great news, Jag.

Here's to full, healthy, happy, prosperous life for baby Jag.

They're supplementing his breastfeeding with bottle-feedings of collustrum and milk from his mother
Who has the job of milking your wife?

'Cuz my wife and I do, now! Yep, he's here! There was a bit of an in utero infection happening that prompted the docs to decide it was time to get him out of there last night, which was about 5 weeks earlier than our due date. For being so early though, he's a good sized boy at 5 pounds, 7 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long. He's of course in the Natal IC Unit fighting off the infection as well as dealing with some respiratory issues from slightly immature lungs which was expected when the docs decided to bring him out a bit early. But, everything else is looking great with him and he's stabilized and making great progress. It will probably be a couple of weeks before we're able to bring him home. Lady Jag is healing up well and is up and around a little bit and getting lots of rest. Since things came down to a C-section, she'll be in the hospital at least until Monday but everything looks good with her as well. So, the wait is over; Baby Jag has officially staked his claim on the world. You have all been warned!

jag

Congrats.....:yay: now let his hair grow out and give him a sweet mullet whe he's 3 or 4....really freak Mom out

Congrats on the little one JAG....best wishes to you and yours.

Spoons has seed, he just won't share it with her. :(

Whoa! Sorry I'm late here, but a HUGE congrats, jagster. Just keep him away from the Hype until he's old enough to understand what a "Morg" is. Great news, man. I'd babysit for you to help out, but you know that dumbass 500 yards thing. :rolleyes:

dog

Hells yeah, son. Put a clip on that blunt.

'Cuz my wife and I do, now! Yep, he's here! There was a bit of an in utero infection happening that prompted the docs to decide it was time to get him out of there last night, which was about 5 weeks earlier than our due date. For being so early though, he's a good sized boy at 5 pounds, 7 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long. He's of course in the Natal IC Unit fighting off the infection as well as dealing with some respiratory issues from slightly immature lungs which was expected when the docs decided to bring him out a bit early. But, everything else is looking great with him and he's stabilized and making great progress. It will probably be a couple of weeks before we're able to bring him home. Lady Jag is healing up well and is up and around a little bit and getting lots of rest. Since things came down to a C-section, she'll be in the hospital at least until Monday but everything looks good with her as well. So, the wait is over; Baby Jag has officially staked his claim on the world. You have all been warned!

jag

Congratulations jag! I'm very happy for you and your wife!

I'd babysit for you but you know that whole 3 states away thing.........

Sorry I'm kinda late but... congratulations, jag! And welcome to the world, baby jag! Glad to know that baby jag's health continues to improve and I bet in no time he'll be home with his Mama and Papa. Hope that Mama Jag will fully recover soon, if she hasn't already. You three are going to have so much fun together with plenty of wonderful memories to create. My best wishes to the three of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"