Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG 2 Villain?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
So who would you guys and gals like to see as the villain in GOTG 2? There are plenty of options. There are multiple threats like The Phalanx or the Cancer-verse, or there are individuals like the Magus or High Evolutionary.

Personally, I think Blastaar would make a good villain for the sequel, he could be working for Thanos like Ronan was (though it may be a bit of a re-tread) plus he is powerful enough to take on the whole team, at once. Plus, it could introduce the Negative Zone as long as Marvel have the rights, what are your suggestions people?

I hope it's just Thanos. We need to see more out of him IMO! I also want to see more of the relationship between him, Nebula, and Gamora.

I like the idea of the Phalanx, especially if they make them the Annihilation Wave instead of Annihilus, who I assume is packaged with the Fantastic Four.

Yep, its a damn shame Annihilus cant be used, he is a good bad guy himself but the Annihilation War as a movie would be amazing.

Shame Super-Skrull is off limits as well.

Korvac maybe?
The Magus because surely we have to get Warlock in the MCU.
The Beyonder.
More Nebula.

I've talked about this before, but I think it could be cool if the Guardians recruit Adam Warlock to help them take down Thanos, he succeeds.... then turns out to be just as wicked in his own way. They might not opt to go the whole "The Magus is his evil half", and instead just have The Magus be the leader of the Universal Church of Truth, who turns out to be Adam Warlock. I can imagine some kind of climactic plot involving Warlock trying to open the door to the Cancerverse like in the comics, really set up the idea of him as the Avatar of Life being just as dangerous as Thanos' Avatar of Death.

Then you could do some story where the Guardians have to then seek Thanos' assistance in taking down Warlock. He succeeds, but then screws the Guardians over by taking Warlock's Soul Gem.

I've talked about this before, but I think it could be cool if the Guardians recruit Adam Warlock to help them take down Thanos, he succeeds.... then turns out to be just as wicked in his own way. They might not opt to go the whole "The Magus is his evil half", and instead just have The Magus be the leader of the Universal Church of Truth, who turns out to be Adam Warlock. I can imagine some kind of climactic plot involving Warlock trying to open the door to the Cancerverse like in the comics, really set up the idea of him as the Avatar of Life being just as dangerous as Thanos' Avatar of Death.

Then you could do some story where the Guardians have to then seek Thanos' assistance in taking down Warlock. He succeeds, but then screws the Guardians over by taking Warlock's Soul Gem.

Nice.

That would be an awesome sequel, would love to see this happen.

Another villain suggestion is The Fallen One, him and Star-Lord have some deep history in the comics.

I still say Magus and the Universal Church of Truth as it provides an easy way to bring in Adam Warlock and another Infinity Stone.

And I also like the idea of an uneasy alliance between the Guardians and Thanos to take the Magus down.

I'm glad people dig the idea. I think it'd make for a pretty awesome film!

Church of Universal Truth. Hoe we get more superbeings who can survive in space without breathing apparatus or suits.

Fox probably has Blaastarr but I'd have liked to see him as the villain.

Last edited:
Universal Church of Truth could be awesome. It would be a different kind of stakes maybe than the first, sort of like in Winter Soldier. Rather than a really obvious megalomanical military force to be punched, its something that poisons people's mind and tricks them into complying.

The Universal Soldier Church of Latter Day Boondock Saints of Killers

Church of Universal Truth. Hoe we get more superbeings who can survive in space without breathing apparatus or suits.

Fox probably has Blaastarr but I'd have liked to see him as the villain.

Blastaar was who I suggested in the 1st post. I would like him or The Fallen One to be the villain, but I am not sure if Marvel owns either.

What about Maelstrom could be a good way of learning more about the Kree and setting up the Inhumans.

Anyone else interested in a villain that actualy fought the Guardians in the comics? I think the Church of Universal Church with Adam Warlock in the mix are the right choice.

^I already mentioned Blastaar, and The Fallen One, who Star Lord has a history with. You could even have Ultron after AOU next year.

^I already mentioned Blastaar, and The Fallen One, who Star Lord has a history with. You could even have Ultron after AOU next year.

I only said that because many of the propositions for villains had people that never realy faced off against the Guardians, though Ronan didn't realy have much of an history with the group in the comics either.

I think the Church is a likely candidate, with Magus as the main villain. That would also introduce GOTG's next most likely roster addition, Adam Warlock, and give us another Infinity Stone (the Soul Gem), and plant all kinds of seeds for Infinity War.

Yep, its a damn shame Annihilus cant be used, he is a good bad guy himself but the Annihilation War as a movie would be amazing.

Shame Super-Skrull is off limits as well.

I agree with both points, but this specifically because I'd love to see Marvel implement the Skrulls in a movie. They're great villains with a rich history to pull from.

Damn Fox! :doh:

I agree with both points, but this specifically because I'd love to see Marvel implement the Skrulls in a movie. They're great villains with a rich history to pull from.

Damn Fox! :doh:

While I love what Fox is currently doing with X-Men, I do wish Marvel could get the FF back, just for the likes of The Skrulls and Galactus and Silver Surfer returning. We could truly have an Annihilation movie then.

Could Ravenous be a possibility as a villain? Possibly as a herald and precursor to Annihilus.

I think the Church is a likely candidate, with Magus as the main villain. That would also introduce GOTG's next most likely roster addition, Adam Warlock, and give us another Infinity Stone (the Soul Gem), and plant all kinds of seeds for Infinity War.

I hope it's Universal Church of Truth but with Matriarch instead of Magus. Magus would just be hinted at and wouldn't appear until Infinity War Part 2. Just that Adam Warlock is mistaken for a cosmic savior to them when he has no idea what they're talking about.

Have Warlock be Starlords dad and it would be perfect. Really don't want to be introducing new characters in infinity war 1 or 2. We will have so many characters with roles to play you don't want to detract too much attention from the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"