Guardians of the Galaxy GotG Early Reviews

I tend to think TDW gets a lot of undue hate on fan forums. For me it was better than the first Thor and it has four out of five stars on Amazon by users (I'd wager to say more general public users rate on there maybe) of 2,200+ reviews. It's not the best Marvel has to offer, but it's certainly not the worst. The way Empire reviews MCU movies, and has subsequently tired of the last act, four stars is pretty great.

The stuff they say about Thanos is real… :csad: Hoping that's not an opinion that's universally shared.

That's so true about TDW,I always feel like the only one loving it around here XD. BTW I think we will love Thanos,we already knew he had a small part in the movie.

That's so true about TDW,I always feel like the only one loving it around here XD. BTW I think we will love Thanos,we already knew he had a small part in the movie.

They said it was a blessing he was only in it such a small amount :csad:

You're not alone and seriously, is more observed online than out in the real world.

I do know a few people who didn't like it, but the majority of the folks I know enjoyed it.

Online, people pick what the want and ignore what they choose. I liked the Watchmen as I'm a fanboy who read those issues back in the day when they were new, so I was not going to miss that movie. I bought the Ultimate Cut and everything. Yet, I hold no illusions that critically and Box Office wise, it didn't cut the mustard. The Wolverine is a movie I enjoyed (loved the DC) but RT wise, it's not much better than T:TDW, yet online The Wolverine is always used as an example of a good movie that's showing FOX is doing good superhero movies and T:TDW is used how Marvel Studios dropped the ball.

OK, I'm getting off topic, if GotG does as well as I think it will, then it is nothing but good news for comic-fans, great news for Marvel Studios so they will continue to expand, helps build confidence for WB to at least look at other properties besides only focusing on only the obvious heavy hitters (focusing only on that type is my definition of truly "playing it safe") and it joins X-M: DoFP and CA:TWS as my must-have Superhero bluray buys for this year.

Last edited:
Man they hated on Thanos those bastards!!!

Maybe in a future movie when they finally see him in serious action they will change their minds?

(Provided it's not in a action-packed 3rd act)

Maybe in a future movie when they finally see him in serious action they will change their minds?

(Provided it's not in a action-packed 3rd act)

That's why I think the comment is utterly premature at this point.

That's why I think the comment is utterly premature at this point.

And I would say you are correct.

Still, in a way, they are not the real target audience and the fact that overall it got a good rating from them is actually pretty cool.

If you want more reviews, the Rotten Tomatoes thread is full of them.

If RoS is posted, that'll be the first rotten (I think there's 8 so far… 100% as of now).

19 reviews now, and still at 100% :woot:

I think this may be one of the best reviewed blockbusters since TDK (for completely different reasons). I really do mean that without trying to indulge in hyperbole.

GOTG has the potential to be the best reviewed superhero movie of the year. Never thought that was possible at the start of the year.

It has the potential to be the best reviewed superhero movie in the past 6 years. That's saying something.

I'm trying not to get too excited for the possible reviews'score XD And to think that I have to wait until october for this :'(

I'm trying not to get too excited for the possible reviews'score XD And to think that I have to wait until october for this :'(

Wow that sucks, but yeah i'm still trying to not get hyped, there is still like 100 reviews to go, and as we've seen before these things can drop dramatically.

I think we can all agree IM2 is the worst MCU has to offer......and I still can enjoy that film, we are blessed man.

I think we can all agree IM2 is the worst MCU has to offer......and I still can enjoy that film, we are blessed man.

This is true, in my eyes their worst film (IM2) is an average film which I would happily watch if it was on tv.

Unlike say the x-men franchise where i just don't wanna see X3 or Origins ever again.

Wow that sucks, but yeah i'm still trying to not get hyped, there is still like 100 reviews to go, and as we've seen before these things can drop dramatically.

Yeah,but right now the reviews are pretty glowing so there is hope.

This is true, in my eyes their worst film (IM2) is an average film which I would happily watch if it was on tv.

Unlike say the x-men franchise where i just don't wanna see X3 or Origins ever again.

You know I find X3 to be more tolerable now that the X-Men saga is going on,as opposed to it being the saga's disappointing final chapter. I can now see it just as an action-packed filler into the bigger franchise. XMO on the other hand is just unwatchable.

No we can't. Incredible Hulk was far worse. At least IM2 had multiple charismatic characters giving good performances.

No we can't. Incredible Hulk was far worse. At least IM2 had multiple charismatic characters giving good performances.

I never really consider TIH as a Marvel Studios movie though, because it seems too different than the MS movies that came after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"