Gotham Knights

Reaction score
We'll Finally Find Out If WB Montreal Is Making A Batman: Gotham Knights Game Next Week

WB Montreal has been teasing its upcoming game since before the pandemic began, so roughly 1000 years ago. Now the reveal is just a week away.

WB Montreal has been teasing its next game since way back in September 2019. That was before, you know, everything. But the DC Fandome schedule notes we'll finally see its formal unveiling, rumored to be a Batman game called Gotham Knights.

A WB Montreal reveal is slated as one of the first panels for the event on August 22, to take place at 10:30 AM PT. It promises a first look at a new game with a developer Q&A, but it's only scheduled for 20 minutes so the question period will probably be pretty brief.

I cant wait for this thread to blow up and be filled with Infos and news.
I didnt thought i could get into this hype again after those many years of dissapointment and false hope...but here we are and im super hyped.

The leak better be right! Bat family including free roam, Court of Owls and different universe than Arkham games

The leak better be right! Bat family including free roam, Court of Owls and different universe than Arkham games

Isn't it also using the nemesis system from the Shadow of Mordor games?

I’m hoping for full access to Gotham and the vehicles with free roam.

As long as they're not a major part of the story and not tanks, bring on bat vehicles! Nightwing able to use a motorcycle in free foam would be cool too

The Nemesis System is one of the Rumors that only came up a few short Times and then only very basic.
Its unlikely Especially since so far nobody Else used this fantastic System in any game...but not impossible.

What is a Nemesis System?

The Nemesis System is a gameplay Feature in the shadow of mordor System.
Basicly it makes it possible to have a history with every enemy.
Wether you kill them, they flee or kill you.
You can burn a enemy, seemingly kill them...but they could come back with this history in mind.
That seemingly "one of many" enemies can turn into a Nemesis that has history with you.
He can get a New Name, New traits etc due to the encounter with you.

If they kill you, they raise in rank and remember that.
Kill them with a arrow and they might Return spotting a wound where the arrow Hit etc.
Kill them via caragor and they could Return with a New weakness against those creatures.
It leads to very unique enemies.

I know she isn’t a full member of the Bat family but let me free roam as Catwoman please!

This is the game I am hyped for. Also I really hope the rumors of it coming out this year is true. That or at least an Origins current and next gen release.

I want it to be next weekend already and get this officially confirmed and get a trailer or at least a screenshot or something

So there is a new leak, or at least to me new...and it seems more believable than others we had.
Of course its still a leak and we all know the history with Batman games and leaks.

But still, worth mentioning.

It gives us a good explenation what this "capture the knight" tagline could mean and makes sense on them using the assets of the damian wayne game etc.
The release date would be super surprising, november is rather soon...but considering how much hype is already around this game, it wouldnt be hard to pull of a 3 month marketing campaign successfully.

If true, the SS game sounds super cool and Harley in MK11 would be super neat.

Another thing that makes the november release plausible according to some, is that fortnite will have joker and ivy coming to fortnite in november.

But as usual, all taken with a grain of salt...either way, its just 5 days until we know more.

EDIT: The one thing about the leak i dont know, is that it only speaks of Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl.
I would love to have the whole family in there.
Damian, Tim, Cassandra, Kate etc...i know its a lot to ask, the amount of animations and so you would need for those characters is immense...but being able to play the whole family would be cool.
Especially since they would go against the court, that would be so cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: B
I'll be amazed if this game releases in November... surely 3 months is too short a promo window.

Damn if this true. I guess this Holiday season will be a busy gaming experience for me. Between this and Avengers.

I still have doubts about the november release, but oh man I am so ready for this game! The only downside is that if it releases in November, it's gonna clash with Cyberpunk for me.

And if it does have a release this November or holiday season I wonder if like many other games it will have the free ps5 upgrade.

Part of me would love a november release, but damn thats a busy month if true.
I could wait till may or so release easily, at the moment just seeing it and knowing what it is about, is good enough.
Its better than 7 years of nothing for sure.XD

With Cyberpunk delayed, things have gotten a bit more complicated.
Not many would want to clash with that game, not even Ubisoft or so have enough confidence in their products to go head to head with a beast like Cyberpunk.
Of course it could be that this batman game is "that damn good", but we dont know yet.

Cyberpunk is definitely the big dog this year, so I wouldn't mind if they pushed Batman to say December or something. And if that leak from a while back about november was true, it was before Cyberpunk got pushed to november as well.

I just want Cassandra as Batgirl, especially if this is a reboot. I've been wanting to play as Cass ever since I played the 1st Arkham game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"