Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 10 "LoveCraft" General Discussion

So, anybody notice the
green question mark
in the trailer logo?

It's been in that particular title shot for a long time now. I noticed it a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
lol at Bullock suggesting that Gordon takes Nygma to Arkham

Well done

Eh,kinda on the fence on this one. I felt they kinda overdid the "bruce is a mini adult" thing. I get that some people like him like that,but when they go too far,it takes me out of the thing. It was most noticeable in the early Selina scenes.

Alfred as a bad *** was pretty cool.I liked seeing him hang with Bullock.I'm glad they had Bruce so concerned about Alfred.I thought that played well.

Penguin is still handling his plan pretty close to the chest.His scenes and the "dinner" scene,seemed kinda edited.As if it was meant to be longer.

The Ivy cameo was weird.Weird good or weird bad,TBD.

No Barbara/Montoya!:toth

I didn't get that flashy fence dude.Didn't come across like a guy Cat could trust.

Overall,I did like Selina & Bruce's little adventure.Bruce jumping the building after her was a nice bit of foreshadowing.I liked the ending as well. At least she finally kissed him after teasing the poor kid with it for a week. Still don't know what it is she stole. Cigarette case?

That mayor is so *&%&* smug,I was hoping Jim would take a poke at him. :woot:

Gordon as an Arkham guard.....not feeling it.I hope it don't last long.

Selina miscalculated when she thought Bruce would not be crazy enough to try and follow her leap from one building to the next. Bruce is still a boy and she effectively threw down a challenge that he would fell the need to take up.

Why not? The League of Assassins have been around for centuries. They appear very skilled better than normal assassins. Also I wouldn't put it past the writers to have Ra's behind the Wayne murders.

All of them got their behinds kicked by Alfred, lol.

I'm very much looking forward to a setting shift from GCPD to Arkham Asylum. VERY interesting story development. I'm willing to bet Gordon's time in Arkham changes him profoundly.

The best lines was Bullocks
"Am i the only one in this damm town that waits for backup"

We were told that was Copperhead, in an interview earlier this week. Hell, they used really slithering music overtime she did her move that mimicked Copperhead from Arkham Origins.

This episode was not bad, I'm not too keen on mini-Batman (while the kid is an awesome Bruce) and mini-Catwoman... but it was fun.

Liked the twist of Gordon being demoted to Arkham, surprised no one has done that in the comics before as a story or in the origins before.

Last edited:
Pnakasone, Bullock did say a great line. I love how this show is aware of how ridiculous it is.

Anyway, I loved the episode. Lovecraft as a pawn for larger forces makes sense given how smarmy he was, and Harvey will have to eat a bit of humble pie. As for next episode, I'm really excited to see Jim as an asylum guard. But why do these shows have to take a hiatus? :cmad:

Last edited:
I didn't get that flashy fence dude.Didn't come across like a guy Cat could trust.
By the look on her face I do not think she was really surprised at what he did. He is useful not trusted by any one more the needed. Fish will probably have some words with him about what he did.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and after watching Penguin strut all over the place over the past few episodes it's nice to see him in a bit of a jam again. He's at his best when he's got to worm himself out of a sticky situation.

I think this is not going to be Bruce's last visit to the Flea.

Alfred knows perfectly well who Bruce was talking to at the end.

Really liked this episode. Got the first glimpse of Batman's Gotham with Bruce in the thick of the action. Love the Gordon going to Arkham direction, of course he'll eventually return to GCPD but more time at the Asylum is really going to open up some more plot possibilities, change things up a bit.

So do you think Gordon will encounter anyone "special" at Arkham, or just your generic homicidal loonies?

So do you think Gordon will encounter anyone "special" at Arkham, or just your generic homicidal loonies?

it wouldn't surprise me if he was only in there for one episode.
something will happen and they'll return him to duty at the GCPD.
Probably saves the mayor's life or something.

It will give them a chance to show us what it's like in there.
Maybe that's where we meet Mr Crane? Scarecrow's dad

I think Lovecraft alluded to the Owls in this episode. "they're up there looking down on you running and huffing"
They were the ones who profited on the Wayne's deaths, who had them killed.

Last edited:
lol at Bullock suggesting that Gordon takes Nygma to Arkham

Well done

I bet that turns out to be a prophetic statement, a reference to something coming up in a future episode. One way or anther, Nygma's going to end up in the asylum, either as employee or inmate.

All of them got their behinds kicked by Alfred, lol.

Only one of them got beat up by Alfred. Copperhead went after Selina. I didn't realize that was her, never played Arkham Origins. I just remember him from the JLA cartoon. I guess they wanted to spice up his lame story. They still could be members of the League of Assassins or Ra's could be pulling the strings. I still think Ra's will show up at some point.

We were told that was Copperhead, in an interview earlier this week. Hell, they used really slithering music overtime she did her move that mimicked Copperhead from Arkham Origins.

This episode was not bad, I'm not too keen on mini-Batman (while the kid is an awesome Bruce) and mini-Catwoman... but it was fun.

Liked the twist of Gordon being demoted to Arkham, surprised no one has done that in the comics before as a story or in the origins before.

Hmm that's been my favorite part of the show is the young Bruce and Selena.

Only one of them got beat up by Alfred. Copperhead went after Selina. I didn't realize that was her, never played Arkham Origins. I just remember him from the JLA cartoon. I guess they wanted to spice up his lame story. They still could be members of the League of Assassins or Ra's could be pulling the strings. I still think Ra's will show up at some point.

I dunno about that. Bruno Heller was asked about Ra's in an interview and he acted like he thought Ra's would be the same age as Bruce. So either he's not familiar with the character or he was really misleading with his statement.

So Copperhead is still out there hunting Selina. Isn't she still in danger?

Also, did Selina never intend to testify?

So Copperhead is still out there hunting Selina. Isn't she still in danger?

Also, did Selina never intend to testify?
I do believe she did fully intend to testify but knew that it was unlikely she would have to.

To be honest trying to kill her only proves that she knows something. It would have been smarter to destroy her creditability on the witness stand. Which would not have been to difficult given her age and criminal history.

I dunno about that. Bruno Heller was asked about Ra's in an interview and he acted like he thought Ra's would be the same age as Bruce. So either he's not familiar with the character or he was really misleading with his statement.

I felt second hand embarrassment reading that.

Hmm that's been my favorite part of the show is the young Bruce and Selena.

Oh I love the young Bruce stuff, but it feels like it should be it's own show while the awesome Gang War stuff is also great but doesn't jove together. One should be '20 years' ago and the other should be merely '5 years ago' in Batman time.

Why does Bruce walk like a ******?

LOL I had to giggle at that. He is a gangly kid isn't he. He must be at the very start of the awkward growing phase of puberty. He's still short as hell though! According to Google Camren Bicondova is only 5ft tall and Mazouz looks shorter than her on screen haha. A long stretch for a 6ft2 Bruce Wayne as he traditionally is in the comics, he'll have to have one hell of a growth spurt!

Has made me think though (slightly OT), I wonder how much research the casting crew did on David Mazouz in terms of predicting how he'll turn out physically. I wonder if they did things like checked out his parents height to see if he'll be tall, to predict how his adult face will turn out etc...you see so many kids turn out to be really funny lookin' once they enter adulthood! Also wonder if he'll start hitting the gym in a couple of years, in the comics he starts weight training between 12-14.

That's if they have plans to end the series with Mazouz putting on the cowl of course. Regardless though he'll have to physically look the part.

Apologies for the OT thoughts!

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"