Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 15 "The Scarecrow" General Discussion

I thought the scarecrow at the end was awesome but they dropped the ball with everything else. They had 4 threads going at once with little to no connection between them and not enough time to do any one of them justice.

Bruce and Alfred should be cut completely. Batman isn't a thing in this show so why tease something they will never give us? Fish should be killed off soon. She eats up screen time and doesn't actually do anything. They should have ended her with ehr storyline when Falcone found her out.
:whatever:

I really liked the episode, but I didn't like the Fish stuff because it was so predictable.

I enjoyed the Bruce & Alfred bit. For those hung up about the BB origin, I'd daresay Bruce knows there's a cave down there (since he well knows the grounds) but it doesn't have any resonance for him yet.

I didn't like Leslie's frivolousness, or James' cluelessness.

Oswald & Nygma have to be the least appreciated people in the world, so it was great to see them interact.

Falcone & Maroni, well Maroni is always a step behind and when he was gloating about no one showing up at Penguin's opening it actually felt painful, but that allows for Butch's re-entrance, so I'm good with all that.

I do understand some of the criticism Gotham gets, but this huge stew they throw at us seems to work for me. And I have no doubt season 2 will be less clumsy.

Worried about The Joker thing though, yeesh, talk about dissolution...

Bruce and Alfred should be cut completely. Batman isn't a thing in this show so why tease something they will never give us?

Bruce Wayne isn't the main character in a show that has Batman characters?
lovejoy-think-of-the-children-16nov131.jpg

I think maybe those stones Bruce kicked over and threw ,the ones with the initials on them, will play a part later o n in the series. Perhaps he goes back to look for them and restore them to their rightful place and the search for it leads him to discover the cave?

I enjoyed it overall, the Scarecrow stuff was solid, Jim/Leslie was also great, and I'm interested to see where Fish's story is heading.

I think maybe those stones Bruce kicked over and threw ,the ones with the initials on them, will play a part later o n in the series. Perhaps he goes back to look for them and restore them to their rightful place and the search for it leads him to discover the cave?
I thought the same thing!
I'd like to see that happen.

I was /facepalming preemptively at the thought of young Bruce discovering the cave in this episode. I was hopefully wrong.
Overall I liked the episode, Gordon/Medic stuff was funny, I didn't know much about Scarecrow, now I do.
Penguin was ok, I really liked the little speech he gave to Gordon. "Better to be with a friend in the dark that alone in the light". Very nice.
I may be among the few ones that like ( or don't dislike ) Fish, I found her part fun too ( she is a tough cookie to use American slang ).
Like a previous poster said, young Bruce is the least interesting part of the show at the moment.

I was /facepalming preemptively at the thought of young Bruce discovering the cave in this episode. I was hopefully wrong.
Overall I liked the episode, Gordon/Medic stuff was funny, I didn't know much about Scarecrow, now I do.
Penguin was ok, I really liked the little speech he gave to Gordon. "Better to be with a friend in the dark that alone in the light". Very nice.
I may be among the few ones that like ( or don't dislike ) Fish, I found her part fun too ( she is a tough cookie to use American slang ).
Like a previous poster said, young Bruce is the least interesting part of the show at the moment.

....why?

Stunning episode. :up:

- LOVED the little scene between Oswald and Edward. Hopefully, we'll be seeing them interacting more as the series progresses.

- While I'm enjoying Fish's story, I can't help but feel that this is merely a way of extending her arc for a few more episodes (Who knows where Bruno Heller had planned for her in next episodes supposed season finale).

- The Scarecrow scene at the end was incredibly creepy. :wow:

Fun stuff.

I really enjoyed their introduction to Jonathan Crane. A nicely suited gothic backstory..
I'm just trying to wrap my head around how Crane evolves in the future, to become the Doctor, that becomes the Scarecrow.. he seems rather, heavily disturbed by his father's doings.

That poor kid! Yeah it was very interesting how they handled this Scarecrow origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"