Gotham Season 1, Episode 16 "The Blind Fortune Teller" General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by herolee10, Feb 9, 2015.

1. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

3. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

It's far too early to for him to show up, imo. Maybe it will work out, I like the actor. But if anything will make me stop watching the show it's getting him wrong.

4. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

I think it's the perfect time for him to show up. There's time for him to character to build before the season finale rather than just throwing him in at the last moment. I wonder which version of joker he will draw inspiration from. As long as he doesn't try and be a Mark Hamil copy, I'll be fine. I would LOVE to see him get scars like Heath's Joker though.

5. Bathead The Oldest Geek

That's IF he is meant to be the Joker. Remember they've already said at the beginning of the series they will present one or more characters that people will be absolutely certain the guy was meant to turn into the Joker, but who turns out to be a complete red herring.
    Remember the tag line for the episode was "Gotham's newest villain will NOT be a joke."

6. Bathead The Oldest Geek

No. It's been done once already. Let it go.

7. Hulk1968 An agent of chaos...

Well I was right regarding the circus tickets. Seems the Graysons will show up.
    As for the Joker - I doubt they'd bring him on so soon and it's just another red herring to get some gossip going - which is already happening. :D

8. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

Meh. To each his own :whatever:

9. herolee10 No More Miracles

10. Bathead The Oldest Geek

So, let me get this straight. You DON"T want then to copy Mark Hamill, but you DO want them to copy Ledger, is that right?
    Myself, I'd rather see an all new interpretation, not anything like either Hamill or Ledger.

#10 Bathead, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  11. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

No, it's not copying Ledger at all. It's taking a feature from Ledger's character to influence a new interpretation. Just as many writers use the killing joke as an influence for Joker's character. Another example is Batman in the Arkham game series. His character is built on years of small details from many versions of Batman before him. So, my point is, I would love to see that particular feature on this Joker at some point because I believe it is unique and adds more detail to the character. Also, when I mentioned that I don't want a Mark Hamil copy, I mean I don't want the actor to imitate Hamil's voice or personality.

12. SuperBatman Registered

Every actor that has played the Joker so far had their own unique role. I'm sure Jared will as well. As far as the Joker in Gotham well we will have to see how they play it. Obviously the Joker is around its not like he isn't born yet but seriously it will be interesting to see how they potray this character next week.

13. The Shape In the shadows

It is way to early for the Joker, and I have to believe this is just a big fake-out or marketing ploy. I hope that kid winds up dead so we know for sure he won't ever become the Joker.

14. Kane52630 Timmverse User

Yeah it could very well be a red herring.

...hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that kids name is actually Red. :o

15. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Its too early to introduce the Joker on the show.

16. Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

[​IMG]

17. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

LOL, the only phrase ever that could never be taken out of context.

18. StarLord < < < < < < <

New Promo:

[YT]MVs2sjZ0NjM[/YT]

19. The Shape In the shadows

I have to believe they know it's too early and they won't really do it.

20. The Guard Registered

The showrunners were quite clear before the show aired that they would be messing with people a bit and introducing a number of possible Joker origin elements into this series to confuse and tittilate. Like the comedian from the first episode.

21. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

They also said that they would reveal him before this season is over. If he really IS The Joker, it just amuses me how sore most people are about it. Then next thing you know, people are going to be like "OMG I love this Joker!"

22. The Shape In the shadows

Right, but teasing the character within the show a few times is quite different than false marketing and pushing a "fake-out" character for ratings purposes.

23. StarLord < < < < < < <

@Gotham

[​IMG]

24. JJmelo Registered

different but wildly effective. It worked for Agents of SHIELD when they promised a Thor tie in. Gotham should steer clear of the Joker. Waaaay too many villains and adding another will just make things worse.

Ep.15 - The Scarecrow Review:
    http://otlnews.net/2015/02/09/gotham-review-s1-ep-15-the-scarecrow/

25. SuperBatman Registered

I don't get the whole it's too early for the Joker. It was said before they were going to have the Joker revelead by the end of this season and if you guys remember Batman in 89 the Joker was a teen when he killed Bruce's Parents. Its obvios the Joker is around now kid or teen or whatever I think people just think that showing the Joker now is pretty much a big trump card they need to wait to show until season 2 or later. I also doubt if he is the Joker he will likely stick around he might just be out there in Arkham or somebody else I doubt he will be a Regular just let him show up every once in awhile.

#25 SuperBatman, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015