Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 16 "The Blind Fortune Teller" General Discussion

Anybody else thought this episode may be the first appearance of the Red Hood Gang, and the reason we see the promo with the guy doing the Joker laugh is because someone poisoned him with Joker toxin, then we follow that person back to the gang's headquarters?

Just an idea.

Anybody else thought this episode may be the first appearance of the Red Hood Gang, and the reason we see the promo with the guy doing the Joker laugh is because someone poisoned him with Joker toxin, then we follow that person back to the gang's headquarters?

Just an idea.

Nope.

I don't get the whole it's too early for the Joker. It was said before they were going to have the Joker revelead by the end of this season and if you guys remember Batman in 89 the Joker was a teen when he killed Bruce's Parents. Its obvios the Joker is around now kid or teen or whatever I think people just think that showing the Joker now is pretty much a big trump card they need to wait to show until season 2 or later. I also doubt if he is the Joker he will likely stick around he might just be out there in Arkham or somebody else I doubt he will be a Regular just let him show up every once in awhile.

I've seen where the producers have said about the red herring Jokers, but not this. Where was this said?

The Flying Graysons
[YT]8PhjgzRAGpQ[/YT]
A Family Feud
[YT]34abnPSnWho[/YT]

If that kid is indeed the Joker, I'm completely open to a new interpretation and actually quite excited by the prospect of following the character's journey from his young days.

Man, I worried about this because based on Shameless, Cameron Monaghan is a terrible actor to me.

Last edited:
okVGpUm.jpg

i miss that cartoon..soo funny:woot:

If that kid is indeed the Joker, I'm completely open to a new interpretation and actually quite excited by the prospect of following the character's journey from his young days.

They should probably finish the Fish, Penguin, Bruce, Catwoman and crime family stories before debuting yet another villain. We don't need another underdeveloped psychopath running around doing nothing.

Here's my Ep.15 review to catch up before tonight's episode.
http://otlnews.net/2015/02/09/gotham-review-s1-ep-15-the-scarecrow/

*sigh* I was really hoping they would hold off and go the mystery route with the Joker by having several red herrings throughout the show, and not revealing who the Joker really is until like the final season, etc.

That was most likely just wishful thinking on my part (of course they weren't going to wait with the crown jewel that is Mistah J) but it almost was the perfect opportunity to play cat and mouse with the audience by keeping them guessing until the very end. I'm sort of still hoping they don't blow their load too soon with him, as it would just be a wasted opportunity.

But regardless I'm still interested and curious as to what they are going to do. The Joker is one of my favorite characters but I'm not that picky...heck I love Nicholson's Joker and they made him the killer of the Waynes!

So their is not much they could do to turn me off the Joker, as I'll always love that character in almost any form, set back-story or not.

So I'll eagerly be watching tonight! :woot:

I'm not sure I'm ready for the Joker. In my opinion it's too soon, Joker's always been a mystery and he's not born until he falls into a vat of chemicals. But maybe they'll suprise me.

Anyone else think we're getting a glimpse of Batman in a blind fortune teller's vision.

Last edited:
Even though they keep saying the kid will be the Joker, I still feel like it's just to create hype for the episode. There's just something off about it to me. Maybe the fact that they aren't outright saying he will be the Joker unlike all the other character who've appeared on the show?

But see here's the thing. With the way theyre hyping it, it now HAS to be The Joker otherwise theyre gonna piss off soo many viewers and fans by blatantly misleading them and thats gonna affect the ratings next week.

Jim and Leslie are cute and fun to watch together.

Like the purple hat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"