Gotham Season 1, Episode 18 "Everyone Has A Cobblepot" General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by herolee10, Feb 23, 2015.

1. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TV PROMO-

[YT]P1XMPnc1SqY[/YT]

Direct Link-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1XMPnc1SqY

2. Roderick Registered

Looks like Harvey Dent's back in action.

3. Uskok MCU fan

I guess Fish Mooney will wear an eye patch from now on. [​IMG]

4. Bathead The Oldest Geek

Pssst. Spoiler alert -
    Alfred lives.
    :yay:

5. stlblues84 Registered

One of my biggest problems with the series in general. Certain characters are in no "real" danger.

6. HighFivingMF Welp.

Works for Hannibal.

7. COMPO Registered

I wonder if Bruce's long lost Aunt Hariet will come to stay while Alfred's laid up, either that or the Board of Directors could take custody of him.

8. godisawesome Registered

...or Leslie Thompkins, as Gordon's girlfriend, could watch out for him for a bit, thus tying in her traditional place as Bruce's surrogate mother.

9. JJmelo Registered

He will probably end up going to Gordon's old apartment to find Barbara and her misfit children. Thus letting Bruce see Selina again and giving Barbara a reason to get back into Gordon's life.

I don't want it to happen but it seems like something the show would do lol.

Ep.17 (Red Hood) Review:
    http://otlnews.net/2015/02/23/gotham-review-s1-ep-17-red-hood/

10. Sawyer High King

Curious to see what kind of havok the Dollmaker will cause.

11. Just_Human Registered

Well it's off to a good start

12. Just_Human Registered

Well that was creepy

13. bullets bang bang

Haha Penguin looks creeped out.

14. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

"He looks just like a bird."

Even Oswald was freaked out by that *****.

15. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

You crazy Penguin....you crazy, man!

16. bullets bang bang

Oh there's no train.... I was down to one shell. BLAM

17. Just_Human Registered

Great episode TBH

18. Kane52630 Timmverse User

Pretty good overall, though still can't excited for the Doll Maker plotline though. I love Fish Mooney but this stuff was both odd and boring.

The stuff with the GCPD was great. But holy crap we gotta wait until April?!

19. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This episode was just weird to me.

20. Human Torch Registered

Well,being something of a bland episode,it was better by default than the past few weeks.

I'm relieved that they're not dragging out Alfred's life being in jeopardy. Bruce telling him not to jump back into the fight was a nice reversal. I'm not sure why Alfred didn't want to have Gordon involved in the Reggie "investigation". It seems unlike him to afford such a long leash to Reggie with Bruce's safety in the balance.Alfred wanted Cat as far away from Bruce as possible,and she didn't pose a tenth of the danger to him..BTW,Cat showing up was welcome. They're setting up 13 y/o Bruce in some sort of costume. Mark my words.

The Fish stuff: I actually figured Fish for some ornate eyepatch in the future. A blue eye is a bit more theatrical, and so it fits. Fish selling most of her new "family" out wasn't unexpected. It just feels like a more morbid TV series is going on and vying for screen time in the show and it seems like this subplot won't be going anywhere in the near future.

As for the plot at large,meh. More Serpico stuff with Gordon out to stop the GCPD corruption yet again. It was a bit more engaging than the past 8 variations with the inclusion of Dent and Bullock's "Cobbelpot" in the focus.

Penguin gets a bit more to do. Finally we're back to him actually using his crafty little brain a little bit. Is Oswald's hair getting even more weird looking or is it just me?

Riddler just can't catch a break,poor guy. Now Miss Kringle is going out with his equal in the Riddle department! He's getting mighty close to the braking point it would seem.

Anyway,nothing special,but an improvement over most of the episodes since the midseason break.

21. bullets bang bang

The show has always had a strange vibe . Sort of like the Burton films

22. Human Torch Registered

I was a bit baffled as to why out of all those guys in the Chinese restaurant,none had guns? They all start chasing Gordon & Dent with butcher knives!:funny:

I was expecting Chin Han to look up from the table and say "But, I'm good with calculations!" :hehe:

23. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

Strange, but fantastic episode. Too bad there won't be a new episode for over a month.

Dr. Dollmacher (sp?) was wonderfully creepy. I hope we see more of him. That scene with the Frankenstein was the most disturbing thing I've seen on this show, though, and that's saying something. I want to see how Fish'll maintain control over the prisoners even as she sells them out, one by one.

I didn't see any of the twists in Gordon's investigation coming, and there were a whole bunch of them. That's always fun.

24. JJmelo Registered

Fish having any control whatsoever makes zero sense. She is stranded on an island with nothing but a makeshift knife to defend herself with. Dulmacher has no reason to keep her alive aside from the fact that he finds her interesting. From a narrative standpoint, that is stupid. Her storyline has to end. I hope her new eye explodes in her head lol.

As for the rest of the episode, totally agree (review here). They are getting better at focusing on the points that actually matter as opposed to throwing a bunch of disparate storylines together and hoping people like some of them.

25. Terminator Judgment Day

It was kind of hard for me to get into the episode after seeing that guy's head on a female body. That looked terrible and was really dumb.

I do usually like the Alfred and Bruce stuff even if there wasn't much of it.