Gotham Season 1, Episode 18 "Everyone Has A Cobblepot" General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by herolee10, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

People do stupid things for stupid reasons all the time. Or maybe he has a greater plan for her that has yet to be revealed.

2. Frodo Registered

Yeah, the show has become quite Burton-esque in terms of the dark comedy and kind of off beat style. I think it tries to stay Nolanized with the Mob/Cop stuff but its drifting more and more to the Burton/Schumacer zone.

I'm not sure the mixture of styles really end up working at the end of the day, but whatever.

I found this episode to be kinda bland. Hopefully they'll get back to the Wayne Enterprises stuff, the Falcone/Maroni/Penguin war, and the Murder of the Waynes.

3. Sawyer High King

That s*** with the doctor from the last episode was just ****ing outlandish.

But good episode. Glad that the majority of the story was focused on Gordon. It wasn't anything all that new, but I do enjoy seeing him get his hands dirty.

4. Silliminite Symbol Of Hope

Was definitely an improvement over last week's episode. I was just a bit confused though about why Penguin let that couple escape only to kill them anyways. Or he wanted to kill them right away but didn't want Gordon to know about it?

5. Jostru Registered

Most likely. Killing 2 unarmed people while 2 cops are in the house isn't the best idea.

6. Silliminite Symbol Of Hope

Right, I just realised he was pretty apprehensive about entering the house in the first place. He probably killed them to ensure word doesn't reach Falcone about his betrayal.

7. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

This show is so weird

Ben McKenzie has developed at least five different WTF facial expressions from being on this show.

The old lady knocking herself out :funny:

Penguin doing a childish choo choo train noise.

Dollmaker turning Jeffrey Combs into Frankenhooker

Bullock's interrogation technique for the win.

Bullock eating the biscuit while Loeb's crazy daughter explained her hobby was funny.

8. Taarna Registered

He let them think they escaped for information. That was my take. Now he knows more about where the loot is, and has a favor from Gordon!

Very good show last night. 9 out of 10.

9. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

It's a very fun show, but it's an acquired taste I think. If you've read or watched Batman media over the years this is pretty much in tune with everything from the grounded versions to the more campy weirdy versions over the decades.

10. Silliminite Symbol Of Hope

Yeah, he did mention they had a deal. Meaning the couple gave him something in return. I'm just not sure what that something is. What loot are you referring to?

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

While this seemed like a filler episode (which we all knew would happen due to the season extension), it was pretty enjoyable overall.

This episode had a suitably creepy vibe, with the farm couple and the hidden daughter. People are making all these Burton comparisons, but it feels more like something you would find in the DCAU. I love it when Gordon starts pushing the envelope to get what he wants and it's always fun to see Bullock and Penguin interacting.

One major positive was how tightly plotted the story was this week. It wasn't jumping around from plot point to plot point as it was in previous weeks. Outside of Alfred's current predicament, it focused heavily on Gordon's ongoing battle with corruption in the GCPD.

The Fish storyline seems to be meandering at this point. I was hoping the inclusion of The Dollmaker would spice things up a bit, but no such luck so far. Also, that bit with Jeffery Combs was downright weird with some dreadful GCI. Quick question... does Fish have a glass eye now or has the Dollmaker ''attached'' an organic one?

Plus... It was awesome to see the voice of Supergirl on Gotham this week. :yay:

12. Taarna Registered

Loeb has connections to Carmine Falcone. I would say the older couple was in the know of something valuable to Falcone. Remember Falcone runs the town on many levels. Falcone needs money laundering ( Which is a reason why Penguin runs Fish's club for now ) for his payroll.

13. Guts Smug

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Nygma is totally going to turn this guy into a human clock.

14. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

I love how Nygma was basically looking at him like, "who the **** is this cretin?"

15. Jesse Old Curmudgeon

Fish getting a new eye from Dollmaker was unexpected but again ridiculous. Also unexpected Bullock testifying to release Flass. I did like Gordon and Dent teaming up against police corruption. Jeffrey Combs' being revealed as hodgepodge of body parts like some Frankenstein monster had me dying of laughter. The old couple were kind of funny as well.

16. Guts Smug

A recap of the episode that I found on tumblr using Nic Cage gifs.

17. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

Eddie's breaking...bad

18. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    I really don't know how to feel about this show still. One moment it's goofy as all hell (Dollmaker stuff) and uninteresting, the next it's really good (Penguin and Bullock especially, love those two).

19. Silliminite Symbol Of Hope

That's a fair assumption. I think the deal was that Penguin would let them escape if the couple kept quiet about Penguin's involvement, but decided to off them later since he felt he couldn't risk it......or maybe he just enjoys killing at this point.

20. Taarna Registered

Nygma is a ticking time bomb waiting for the right moment to explode!

I do think he might align himself with Gordon before he breaks bad to get even at some of the crooked cops.

21. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I thought the episode was okay. They are going to have to step their game up if they expect me to tune in next season though. Tired of barely any development for the characters

22. Guts Smug

That reminded me of this.
    [​IMG]

23. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

The ****.

24. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

Fish's plan to gain control of the prison and everything that's happened since has never made any sense from day one, so at this stage I'm just rolling with it.

25. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

I'm thinking it's organic. Dulmacher complained that his stash was running low so he wasn't able to match her original eye color.

Countdown till Kris's new man is discovered with body parts stashed in his locker.