Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Bnj5J1QIcAAyCve.jpg:large

tumblr_navlhecsxW1qd4rf5o1_500.jpg

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20150408fox01/
"GOTHAM" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

TRUTH SURFACES IN THE CITY ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, APRIL 27, ON FOX

The Ogre breaks down Barbara's emotions, while Gordon and Bullock go to great lengths to track him down. Meanwhile, Penguin leads a massacre, beginning an epic war, while Bruce learns the truth about Wayne Enterprises and Nygma deals with his recent actions in the all new "The Anvil or the Hammer" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-121) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Milo Ventimiglia as Jason Lennon, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, David Zayas as Don Maroni, Chelsea Spack as Kristin Kringle, Clark Carmichael as Connor, Caroline Lagerfelt as Mrs. Kean, Richard Poe as Mr. Kean, Michael Potts as Sid Bunderslaw, Barbara Rosenblat as Lidia, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, James Andrew O'Connor as Tommy Bones, Tonya Glanz as Sally, April Yvette Thompson as Lucy

Breaking Bad
[YT]hIuglrW_JXU[/YT]
Gordon and Bruce
[YT]mziskElqIck[/YT]
The Legendary Villains and Epic Heroes of Gotham
[YT]rcfrII2gjVo[/YT]

I'm a huge fan of the Ogre

Milo has done a fantastic job

I think I'm really, really glad that they kept the camera on Harvey in the club...

Just needed to be a liiiitle deeper.

I liked the Nygma. His first true riddle.

loved this episode. the writing is really getting better. too bad Fish comes back next week.

Anyone feel the change in Barbara was too drastic?

Alright,well where do I begin?

Stretching the Ogre story out to 3 parts was pretty unnecessary to begin with. I was pretty much done with him by the end of the last episode. Milo was good,of course,but I can't really justify this story going on so long.

So what the heck was up with Barbara? Of all people she picks to kill,her parents?!? Is that why they were introduced before? I mean,if she were thinking clearly,maybe say Gordon or Bullock...someone who stood a chance of killing the SOB. Or Leslie,even? Why her parents?

I'm kinda glad they didn't kill Babs.It'll actually be interesting to see whats next on the Barbara roller coaster.:woot: She actually gave a pretty good performance here,which is why I've always said it's a shame they could never do something constructive with the character.

This whole "50 Shades" theme got pretty distasteful by this point. I was glad to see Bullock of all people agreeing. :hehe:

The Penguin sub-plot was ok. I was fully expecting something to go wrong.Either the hit man/old lady was in with Maroni or Maroni would just sniff the plan out himself. But I was pleasantly surprised that Oswald returned to his crafty "the war is coming" ways. I don't see why he still sees Jim as a friend though. He's already "owed" by Jim several times,despite being treated like dirt.

I could do without the whole thing with Nigma disposing of the body parts. I saw him with the suitcases and pretty much got the idea.We could've ended it there. His first little evidence of compulsive clue-leaving was just brilliant though. :woot:

Bruce's storyline was probably the highlight. I like that he was outwitted by Bunderslaw (I can't help but wonder if he makes good coleslaw?:hmm )

I also liked that Bruce confided in Alfred. I can't see Alfred thinking too kindly of Selina after this,but who knows.

Good introduction to Lucius.Looking forward to seeing what he brings next season.

Fish is a no show again. Looks like she's gonna go from bleeding out straight to the end game.

This show = 2 minutes of great Bruce stuff + 5 minutes of Gordon/Bullock being awesome + 35 minutes wasted on bad villains and dumb plots.

This week was actually the perfect balance, so. :up:

I thought this was one of the better episodes.

While the writing is still far from perfect (the story more so than the dialogue), I thought the director and actors did a great job.

I also think it might have something to do with there being no cartoony characters in the episode (Selina, Ivy, Fish, Grandma Cobblepot), making it feel a bit more real. The darker subject matter probably helped as well. That ending was intense, and I really thought they might have killed Barbara then.

I especially dig the Wayne Enterprises stuff. The set and the cinematography for these parts look great too.

Last edited:
I love all the Bruce and Alfred stuff. Bruce and Selina. Jim and Harvey. Love the riddler stuff. Ogre was cool, I like to finally see more of the mob stuff going on. But Barbara is killing me. This episode really made me just become even more annoyed with her. What the **** are they doing with her?

I think's interesting how they've sort of mellowed Alfred out post getting stabbed by his pal.

Really? What are these writers thinking with Babs? Why is it so hard for all these shows to write decent love interests?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"