Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 4 "Arkham" General Discussion

No wonder shauner liked it. :o

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/100221924189/s01-e04-arkham-gotham-batman-begins-the-dark

xNwAea5.gif
5blkmos.gif

5woOQZP.gif
WFlZ4gI.gif

l7I0WQS.gif
UIJmWB1.gif

r6v6yv4.gif
BAizxu4.gif

It looks like a place you'd send a bunch of loonies.

The show has some goof crap for sure, but it is very likable. So much good material to draw upon.

This version of the riddler might be the best I've ever seen. Nygma as a corrupt crime analyst is very Nolan-esque. And all though I like the Burton Penguin, this penguin is damn compelling too. probably the biggest surprise of the show.

I like that Bruce is learning early detective habits from Gordon, it makes sense that he would be involved.

The fight over arkham, dramatized is a great main story. Similar to the Arkham games, makes me wonder if we will get to see aquincy sharp.

I'd rather see Jeremiah Arkham.

I'm a little late on this one, so I'll keep this brief... but this was another great episode.

I enjoyed Fish Mooney quite a bit this week (Jada was more restrained) and The Penguin is always a delight.

As always, the show looks stunning. I was worried after the pilot that the cinematography of the series would dip, as it does with most TV shows, but Gotham always manages to look like a million bucks. The actors all seem to be settling into their characters and things are starting to feel more natural. Is it just me or does anybody else get a Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka vibe from Nygma/Michael Smith?.

There are a couple things which aren't grabbing me. Firstly, the storyline between James and Barbara. I want to be invested in it and we certainly have two very capable actors here... but something about it just seems a little flat. I mean, did they want us to care that they've broken up? We're only four episodes in and they haven't done much together apart from lounge around that apartment.

Secondly, as much as I'm enjoying David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne... his storyline is starting to become a tad boring. ''I want to honor my parents'', ''Can Gotham be saved?'', ''Reassure me Gordon!!''... wash, rinse, repeat. They need to get him out of that bloody room.

Overall, I'm enjoying this show a great deal. We are only 4 episodes in and it feels liked it's steadily improving week by week. They are making serious strides in fixing some of the problems... they just need the overall narrative to come together in a more effective manner as they move forward.

Plus... Arkham looked amazing. :hrt:

Last edited:
It's not surprising people like this episode,since the villain is fairly dull and generic.People seem intent on turning this show into a routine procedural.

Great episode, who was the hitman at the prison?

I liked this episode. An improvement on Ballonman. Let's hope Heller continues to keep things interesting with some mysterious twists. JPS is spectacular and hot!

The scene showing the Arkham Asylum gate looked great. The villain of the week had an interesting weapon. Jada Pinkett Smith making out with that girl was pretty cool as was the cat fight. Other than that I didn't think this episode was particularly interesting.

I liked the gate shot and the catfight :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"