Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 7 "Penguin's Umbrella" General Discussion

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Bnj5J1QIcAAyCve.jpg:large

tumblr_navlhecsxW1qd4rf5o1_500.jpg

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/fox-press-releases-various-shows-15th.html
"GOTHAM"

A NEW LEADER WILL RISE IN GOTHAM CITY ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3, ON FOX
Monday, November 3, On FOX
As violence between Maroni (guest star David Zayas) and Falcone continues to escalate, Penguin reveals a new element of his manipulative strategy, forcing Gordon to deal with the consequences of his decision to spare Penguin’s life in the all-new “Penguin’s Umbrella” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Nov. 3 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Richard Kind as Mayor James, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsaszs, Mekia Cox as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, David Zayas as Maroni, Jeremy Davidson as Nikolai, Danny Mastrogiorgio and Mackenzie Leigh as Liza.
I'm guessing whoever came up with this press release ****ed up, because the actress they've got credited as playing Leslie Thompkins is not the one we've all been informed of.

Judging by the episode title, I hope this is the episode where Penguin first uses an umbrella as a weapon.

[YT]9D2kBYzRp3M[/YT]

Judging by the episode title, I hope this is the episode where Penguin first uses an umbrella as a weapon.

I'm guessing it will be more of a metaphor.

Gordon is Cobblepot's Umbrella, shielding him from the spray.

This is the episode that's supposed to be fantastic. I hope the rumors are true.

It certainly looks that way from the promos. Hope it sets off some momentum for the series. The past few eps after the pilot were kind of meh, Spirit of the Goat was pretty good, this looks even better, and hopefully it can just take off from there. Especially when Dent and Leslie Thompkins get in the mix.

I think this is the episode that will finally make Gordon not only take a stand but is going to put him on the offence. I know Montoya is going to feel like a real idiot. I mean seriously you're going to arrest a Detective on the word of a street bump with no body or physical evidence. I think that this will cause her to get bumped down to a beat cop.

I think this is the episode that will finally make Gordon not only take a stand but is going to put him on the offence. I know Montoya is going to feel like a real idiot. I mean seriously you're going to arrest a Detective on the word of a street bump with no body or physical evidence. I think that this will cause her to get bumped down to a beat cop.

Did that happen in the comics? If not, I can't see it. The pilot lead us to believe that the Police Dept are all but fully corrupt. I think there will be a price on Gordon's head, she'll help and redeem herself.

Step one of reform the department will be getting Internal Affairs onside.

This looks like it wll be good episode looks also like we will get Victor Zsasz

Zsasz is Coming
[YT]FQQTGaLlQM0[/YT]

I think Montoya has entirely good intentions, but is inexperienced and gets emotionally involved too quickly. It's possible that, once she finds out what really happened at that pier, she might start softening towards Gordon and Bullock, and start becoming an ally like she is in the comics and TAS.

Alive and Well
[YT]bqoNPhu-7Ws[/YT]

So this episode should be when Zsasz makes his first mark.:woot:

Where's Montoya? She was so happy to arrest Gordon for "murder" but when she found out he's innocent she disappeared?

Edit: Took her long enough

Last edited:
Zsasz's goons are from Sin City. Fun episode so far.

Speak of the devils.

28, looks like Zsasz has a good head start.

This has been a very good episode so far.

& ultimately Gordon fails or there would be no need for Batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"