Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 7 "Penguin's Umbrella" General Discussion

I was still a bit apprehensive going into this episode but now okay, they've got me, I'm hooked.

I'm wondering how long before the Mayor is taken out of the equation and we get someone like Hamilton Hill.

Bruno Heller needs to write more episodes.

I've enjoyed every episode of this thus far, but now this show has certainly found its footing.

The Falcone/Penguin backflashes were great because he didn't promise poor Oswald anything other than giving the order that Gordon had to kill him.

The first scene with Falcone, Mooney & the Russian guy was great (if a tiny bit overplayed) but the chickens being there was a perfect hint was about to come: birds eat fish.

Alfred really should hire more security guards (maybe he has) but it's pretty badass (and a shock) to see him throw Crispus up against the car window.

In general, I'm glad to see Montoya/Allen in a familiar light for the first time. I still like Bruce's reactions to things because he's not (or ever was) normal.

I also think they've nailed Bullock.

Very well done.

Best episode so far, after a few weak villain of the week ones.

Just out of curiosity, for those that have read about Batman's confrontations with Victor in the comics, is it normally difficult for Batman to defeat him in combat as well? Or is it going to be a lot more easier for Batman to take down Victor than it was for Gordon to even survive a confrontation with him?

This episode was on point, the best one so far.

GCPD is a terrible police force refusing to do anything and won't back a fellow cop. Even worse Gordon own captain do nothing either

That's the point of the show. The cops wont do anything & Gordon will ultimately fail. If the cops did their job there would be no Batman

Last edited:
Penguin is boss of bosses!

Zsasz ringtone bit reminded me of Moriarty from Sherlock.

The Roman's little tease about anarchy hinting at a future in which freaks run around the city causing chaos being far worst than what is going on now is a good touch.

Still haven't finished the ep or read any of the posts in this thread but I have to say that this is the episode that has finally sold me on the show.

Bullock is still my fav character but I've finally come around to this 'One Tree Hill' Gordon.

Barbara is a joke though. Her sole purpose on the show is to be a constant f**k up

Omg Penguin is awesome. This show is so great. I hope that Fox doesn't cancel it.

Haven't the numbers been good?

I thought I read somewhere it was the highest ratings for a Fox show in ages.

Maybe it is but Fox is notorious for canceling shows. Let's hope this won't be the case with Gotham.

I just finished watching episode 7. All I can say is wow. I have seen some good shows over the year but not as flawlessly written and executed as Gotham. I'm just glad that Gordon now has some allies and does't feel like he is the only good cop.

Maybe it is but Fox is notorious for canceling shows. Let's hope this won't be the case with Gotham.

It's Fox's highest rated drama. It would have to see a historic collapse in ratings to get canned.

As much as the show has won me over, it still lacks the depth to provide us with a week's worth of speculation.

Vic Zsasz Pre-Bald looks :shock:shock:shock

Anthony_Carrigan.jpg

I think Fox really has hope for this series just by the fact that they gave this series a full Season order just recently.

Vic Zsasz Pre-Bald looks :shock:shock:shock

Anthony_Carrigan.jpg

I was convinced he had alopecia. Wasn't he also the smokey bad guy in Flash??

"No eyebrows? You Go Boy!!!"

Either way, he'll be a fantastic recurring character.

I think Fox really has hope for this series just by the fact that they gave this series a full Season order just recently.

As someone who scoffs at the exaggerated complements that we see for these comic book tv series, there's no denying that Gotham as its own distinctive look ala Breaking Bad and the Sopranos.

The show looks to be hitting its stride as far as what it wants to do.

Penguin with another strong outing. Didn't see the end swerve coming.

I liked the bit with Bruce as well. Trauma aside, you figure the kid who becomes Batman is going to be highly intuitive/perceptive, even at that age. It's nice when that manifests itself in organic ways.

Haven't the numbers been good?

I thought I read somewhere it was the highest ratings for a Fox show in ages.

Fox's best drama. It actually went up in the demo rating this week. Looks like its finally stable.

Yep. It's been basically flat for the past two weeks, but this episode actually saw a rise.

THIS episode is why I stuck with this show. It was like watching Untouchables in a pre-Dark Knight Gotham. Whatever they decided to do to adjust for this episode keep doing it. It hit all the right notes and the execution was on point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"