Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 9 "Harvey Dent" General Discussion

Of course we all know opening up arkham Is just creating a bunch of problems.

And my theory at season's end it will be penguin who takes out fish mooney which will cause fans to love him even more Is kind of backed up by how fast he is figuring out things.

Really good episode. The Gordon/Bullock plot was more a subplot this time,but I thought it was still very engaging.

I like the guy that played Dent.I hope they don't over use the Big Bad Harve persona,though.

Riddler was great again.Nice to get those odd little moments from him,though they still seem natural.

Penguin got short shrift,but I don't really get what his plan is for Liza.We all know he's playing all sides, so something is up.

Of course,the big news was the Bruce/Selina meeting.I liked all of it,despite my reservations for injecting such an important relationship into these early years.My only problem was, I don't see how come Bruce didn't question her about his parents death.I mean,he's doing this whole detective thing and doesn't question a witness?I guess his being a "mini adult" had to give way to his discovering GIRLS!I liked Alfred throughout.

Barbara.Big surprise there.:o I pegged it about half way through the episode.:whatever:

Should Gordon just ask for a 3 some ?

NO! Gordon should ask for a 4 some by inviting gorgeous Harvey "Two-Face" Dent into the sack for a little extra something, if you will.:cwink:

NO! Gordon should ask for a 4 some by inviting gorgeous Harvey "Two-Face" Dent into the sack for a little extra something, if you will.:cwink:

With Big Bad Harv there that would make it a Quintet.

Next thing you know....
tumblr_m7dbvkXtnT1rslg1p.gif

We never did learn what Selina stole from Wayne Manor episodes ago.I was waiting for that to lead to something.Maybe next week.

How did you guys feel about the "big bad harv" scene? I'm torn, on the one hand it was cool to get a peek at his insanity, on the other, and this is a consistent pet peeve I have with this show, I think a little more subtlety would've gone a long way.

Like how cool would it have been instead of having Harvey totally flip out on the guy, he casually walks up to him calmly and says something completely f***ed up in a totally calm but serious way like, "If you don't confess, I'll rip your throat out with my bare teeth and feed your remains to my pet chihuahua." Then everyone in the room will be silent wondering if this guy is being serious and then Harvey breaks the silence with a smirk and laughter saying " Haha, just kidding." I think that would've been cool yet subtle way of showing that something is not right with this guy mentally.

But, hey that's just me. Good episode either way.

^Yeah, I would've preferred it if they'd've held off a bit on Big Bad Harv. Establish him as a good guy, then reveal his horrible temper.

Of course,the big news was the Bruce/Selina meeting.I liked all of it,despite my reservations for injecting such an important relationship into these early years.My only problem was, I don't see how come Bruce didn't question her about his parents death.I mean,he's doing this whole detective thing and doesn't question a witness?I guess his being a "mini adult" had to give way to his discovering GIRLS!I liked Alfred throughout.

He did question her about it, a bit. He asked her if she'd seen his mother and him, and remembered his failure to act against the criminal.

He did question her about it, a bit. He asked her if she'd seen his mother and him, and remembered his failure to act against the criminal.

But he didn't ask that for three days (or whatever time supposed to have elapsed). Had I been in his place,I'd have had a ton of detailed questions for her on the first meeting.And given Bruce's eye for detail (Shiny shoes!) it would've been in character for him to have such detailed questions.Not just "Did you see my mom?Did you see me?"

It's just a minor gripe,though.

Good Episode. Agree that the Big Bad Harv moment could have been a bit more subtle. And Barbara... seriously? Out of all the people, you choose the one person that constantly accused innocent Gordon?

Canonical Blonde Female Leads within Live-Action DC TV Shows must have some kind of curse on them.lol

Laurel and Barbara, two canon characters within DC Continuity, have it the worst when it comes to being written in a way that would make them likable towards audiences in their first outings on their respective series.

Let's hope they get Barbara on the right path faster, than Arrow did with Laurel.

really enjoyed this episode. a lot of pieces moved into place for moving the story forward. next week looks even better.

In two minds about Big Bad Harv. Yes it was a bit strong and they could possibly have done it better. But he is showing that he has a split personality. They are trying to show that there are two totally different Harvey Dents. Subtle wouldn't really have worked as you'd think that it's just him being a bit bad ass rather than completely switching.

Ugh, Barbara. She needs to go. This is literally nothing more than a cause for unnecessary drama just when we had Gordon, Montoya and Allen on good terms. Kick her to the curb, keep Morena Bacarrin as a regular and make Leslie Thompkins Gordon's love interest. F*** canon, it's worth breaking canon to get Barbara out of here.

Otherwise loved the episode. Loved the flash of Big Bad Harv. Loved Bruce/Selina.

In two minds about Big Bad Harv. Yes it was a bit strong and they could possibly have done it better. But he is showing that he has a split personality. They are trying to show that there are two totally different Harvey Dents. Subtle wouldn't really have worked as you'd think that it's just him being a bit bad ass rather than completely switching.

Pretty much my take.:up:

Ugh, looks like Barbara won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

I have doubts. So much about first seasons are figuring out what works and what doesn't. At a certain point, they've already managed to right the ship on a lot of stuff they weren't doing so well, but eventually Barb's gotta get kicked to the curb. Canon be damned, she's just not working in this incarnation and I don't see that changing any time soon.

lol; maybe Gordon will marry another woman and when he ends up having a girl, he'll name her after the then deceased Barbara.lol j/k

Or maybe Gordon will pull a Queen and hook up with Barbara's younger sister, who is revealed to actually have her first name as Barbara while the Barbara we know is just using her "middle name" as her first.lol (cough...Smallville)

On another note, do you guys think that Bruce should at some point, maybe during this season, should meet Penguin as well?

I have doubts. So much about first seasons are figuring out what works and what doesn't. At a certain point, they've already managed to right the ship on a lot of stuff they weren't doing so well, but eventually Barb's gotta get kicked to the curb. Canon be damned, she's just not working in this incarnation and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Good luck with that.

*Paid for by the "Sara as Black Canary,Canon be damned" League.

I'm all for just defying canon altogether. If Morena B. works on the show, make Gordon/Thompkins a thing for the long haul. Why not?

I smiled when Harvey went all "Big Bad Harv" on that dude...

Another solid episode.

Ugh, Barbara. She needs to go. This is literally nothing more than a cause for unnecessary drama just when we had Gordon, Montoya and Allen on good terms. Kick her to the curb, keep Morena Bacarrin as a regular and make Leslie Thompkins Gordon's love interest. F*** canon, it's worth breaking canon to get Barbara out of here.

Otherwise loved the episode. Loved the flash of Big Bad Harv. Loved Bruce/Selina.

I felt the same. At least they saved the Barbara stuff for the very last scene, though it was kinda an odd note to end the episode on. Otherwise, Great Episode. I'm glad that they've at least learned to minimize the weaker elements for those first several episodes. The Bruce and Selina moments were so cute. I was worried that it would come off forced and too on the nose, but they were really nice scenes and the actors have good chemistry. Alfred was also good and it sounds like the writers finally have found this version of Alfred.

I also liked big bad Harv. It made more sense for this version of Dent than it would have for Eckheart's version in TDK. Eckheart's Dent was this straight arrow who was pushed over the edge. This Dent is clearly an ambitious and overly confident guy who thinks things should go his way and could become someone like Two Face if things didn't go his way.

Next weeks looks awesome. I'm glad the writers are keeping up the momentum they started with Penguin's Umbrella.

Another good episode.

Bruce meets Selina (I ship them already, LOL)

Harvey meets Gordon and has his lucky 2-headed dollar coin.

"Big Bad Harv" shows up, too. (kinda early, but was still a nice touch)

Penguin up to no good as usual. Still like him though, LOL.

And Barbara... I kinda saw it coming but wasn't sure, then damn. I was right.

And next week's mid-season finale' looks like it's gonna be epic.

I really enjoyed this episode...

Harvey Dent and Big Bad Harv :up:
Selina and Bruce :up:
Alfred teaching Bruce how to fight :up:
Gordon/Bullock :up:
Blackgate/Arkham :up:
Penguin/Fish :up:
Edward being Edward :up:
Barbara plotline :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics