Gotham Season 1, Episode 9 "Harvey Dent" General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Sawyer, Oct 30, 2014.

1. DrMylesOBoogie Registered

It's very hard to see her sticking around now at this point.

2. blksuperman2 Deadly Akuma

I didn't think I'd enjoy Selina/Bruce but I did. I like how she kept trying to ground him in reality.

I've been on-board w/ Nygma from day one and really like his character. I like seeing his compulsion to not only be the smartest person in the room but the arrogance that everyone has to acknowledge it.

3. Nathan Registered

It would have definitely been a better decision to show Jim as the unfaithful one, showing us that he too is flawed, and not the white knight he's always shown to be. And people wouldn't call Barbara irrational and compare her to Arrow's Laurel.

4. DrMylesOBoogie Registered

At some point (possibly season 2), they will have to change the dynamics to evolve the characters and keep things interesting. I can see Gordon getting a new rookie partner and that might have been the time to have introduced her.

But then if they'd used Flass instead of Bullock they could have brought in a young Bullock or I'd even have liked to see a rookie Montoya. They've messed with the ages of the GCPD so much that it's screwed things up. We'll probably get a rookie Flass just to really mess with our heads.

5. Guts Smug

Oswald's troll face.
    [​IMG]

6. ZIPBAGS Registered

I also was not happy how they ended the episode with Barbara. It was all done for shock value...which this isn't the show for that. Here is why it bothered me. She said she is scared of Zasz and Falcone and has to get away. So where does she go???...To the other "good" cop IN GOTHAM who is going after them.

7. Jason Kane Registered

Its not their fault the show tends to be too on the nose and contrived for its own good and I stopped after Balloon Man.

8. Jason Kane Registered

That's how I felt with Brian Azzarello's Ashes and Dust story in Hellblazer as it was also mean spirited given that the villian there was an obvious Batman analogue. Of course, some folks in the LGBTQ give it a pass knowing how offensive it was presented there but I digress.

9. Apollo Registered

Out of all the people in Gotham she just so happens to be in a love triangle with Montoya??? What a small city. Might as well just throw the police captain and Bullock into the love triangle as well.

Exactly. She is in just as much danger there then with Gordon. Falcone and Zasz are going to find out Montoya is trying to go after them. Then for revenge Falcone is going to go after the one Montoya cares about which Falcone realizes it's Barbara! Falcone rolls his eyes thinking to himself "This woman again!?" What a coincidence! Falcone doesn't understand the coincidence either. He takes Barbara again. Then when Montoya refuses to give up fighting Falcone. He kills Barbara, destroying the Batman canon. :o

Gordon is all like what the ****...

10. SuperJediHero Registered

Sorry, I have to highly disagree. Fans ARE the problem! Being A) extremely picky B) extremely impatient!

I feel that this is currently the BEST Superhero show on TV right now! Nothing better except Game of Thrones maybe (Which isn't even Superheroes). All the reality show crap please DO NOT replace anything like this!!! I have no love for any of them! Which are ALL you gonna get when they cancel this, I bet!

Every episode of this show is done with the highest quality of TV making! CAN'T ask for more, personally.

But :whatever: I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! I NEED this show to last very long, please!

#160 SuperJediHero, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  11. Jason Kane Registered

That would make you part of the problem as well. It's not one-sided. Of course there'll be those against it then there's the ones for it who tend to be severely militant to where it could easily be the show's own worst enemy even for the average casual viewer.

From one passionate fan to another, I want Constantine to last too so I do know where you're coming from

12. Apollo Registered

Gah I can't stand Game of Thrones

But that is just me. I am one of the PG sillies that is in love with Smallville and Lois and Clark. :oldrazz:

Gotham does remind me a bit of Game of Thrones though. Way too many villains. Too much violence. Not enough good guys.

13. X-Woman Always Xperimenting

Did anyone take a good look at Harvey Dent's face while he was yelling at Lovecraft? It looks like somebody did some CGI work on him. His face goes up in a real werewolf-style snarl. His mouth and nose do something that ain't exactly normal. But it only lasts a couple seconds. It's quick, subtle, and really eerie.

14. Apollo Registered

I didn't notice that. But I did notice when Harvey was standing in front of the window. Half of his face was lit up and the other half was completely shadowed foreshadowing the Two Face he will later become.

15. Human Torch Registered

Honestly,Barbara's the weak link,but it's not like they can't salvage her.

I gotta laugh at all the "Barbara's gottta go noooow!!!11!" comments. She's in the show an average of 2.5 minutes an episode.I think I can tough it out after spending 2 seasons suffering with Laurel closely integrated to the plot of 95% of Arrow's episodes.

16. X-Woman Always Xperimenting

Yeah, I saw that. That was pretty eerie, too. Something about the lighting.

#166 X-Woman, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  17. Nathan Registered

Oh, didn't notice that. Re-watching that scene, that's actually pretty cool. Still not happy with the Big bad Harv bit though. Because if he already threatens to rip someone open this early in his career, I don't think he'll manage to remain a Lawyer for 10+ years, before Batman shows up.

18. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

^In Gotham, anything is possible.

19. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

They're shooting themselves in the foot in terms of longevity. Most of the characters are almost at their fully-formed stage already and the first season isn't even halfway done yet. There's no opportunity for character growth when these people are already behaving like they do when Batman's actually around. The major idea of the show, which I was into, was to see what Gotham was like way before Batman. To watch the metamorphosis of the city into something that would eventually necessitate a guy dressing up like a bat in order to save it. That's not what we're getting.

20. Sawyer High King

That's absolutely what we're getting.

21. Silliminite Symbol Of Hope

Very solid episode. In fact, it had the least amount of camp out of all the episodes so far in the series, and that's a good thing. Bruce/Selina interactions were the best, and another good performance from Mazouz.

22. flickchick85 Admin of Might

But...don't they need to have TWO kids before she goes? Can't forget crazy, homicidal Jim Jr.!

23. Nathan Registered

Yeah, a Hitman can walk into the GCPD and order all Cops to leave. How worse does the place have to get, before a person like Batman is necessary? If it's already this bad this early, Gotham in 10+ years, would look like a wasteland out of Mad Max.

24. Lilbaz Registered

It might be nice if Babs and Jim are separated for a while they actually get on very bad terms with each other. Then something happens they get drunk and have a one night stand. Babs gets pregnant and Jim marries her for the sake of the child. They are then stuck in a loveless marriage and detest each other.

Would make a nice change.

25. Siby Registered

I couldn't believe that ALL the cops left when the hitman ordered them to leave. Even the Chief was nervous about staying. I know the writers are trying to show how bad it is in Gotham but man they sure overdo it at times.

If the common mafia type criminals have this much power already, how can one man in a bat suit and a police Commissioner change anything in this city when super criminals arrive. The answer is they can't, as we've seen in the cartoons (Batman Beyond) and comic books.