Gotham Season 1, Episode 9 "Harvey Dent" General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Sawyer, Oct 30, 2014.

1. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

I think what they're showing is that the death of the Waynes, two people who were viewed as respected pillars of the city and kind of an antithesis to all the crap that went on, pretty much was the final straw and just made all the lowlifes come out the woodwork.

2. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

I think it goes back to the pilot episode with that conversation Gordon had with Falcone. Yes, Falcone wields a lot of power and intimidation. But, he is trying to keep things "civilized" and fighting the chaos. Batman's Gotham is when the crazies are in charge. Gotham is in bad shape now, yes. But it gets so much worse when you have the psycopaths like Penguin in charge or Joker begins his rampages.

I really hope the show does show Gordan making some headway, only for things to just go completely bonkers at the end.

3. blksuperman2 Deadly Akuma

I actually want to see Gordon jaded by Gotham. Not necessarily corrupt, but no where near the optimist he is now. It takes Bruce's emergence to fight crime that re-kindles Gordon's resolve.

4. The Shape In the shadows

That will come. He'll have his ups and downs, he'll feel deflated and defeated, I'm sure. Give it time.

5. blksuperman2 Deadly Akuma

Oh most definitely. I'm enjoying this series and have no problems waiting for the end result.

6. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

She'll give birth to twins.

7. Apollo Registered

Unless the writers think Batgirl being Alfred's niece or something is a better idea... then you don't really need Barbara...

8. Jason Kane Registered

Not that again! I've already started calling Alicia Silverstone's Babs "Daphne" after her one shot comic counterpart's namesake

9. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Alfred: "This is my young niece... she dreams of attending 'Oxbridge' one day... I haven't had the heart to tell her there's not a university named 'Oxbridge.'"

10. flickchick85 Admin of Might

That'll work. :woot:

11. Bwahaha! Feminine Divine

Just watched this on DVR last night. I cannot freaking believe how much I'm enjoying Gotham. It's just excellent storytelling on so many levels...and whether it's related to Batman or not I'd def be watching. Nothing else like it on television! Honestly, it seems shot more like a film and I could totally see this version on the big screen.

12. CaptainWagner Doing It With Worry (P)

Isn't Brabara Gordon's niece these days, though?

13. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

I really do like this show. Of the multiple comic book shows on right now, this one is easily my favorite.

But if I do have a complaint, I would like if they got away from the self-contained villain-of-the-week type plot more often. The best episode of the show so far was Penguin's Umbrella which dealt almost exclusively with long running characters and plot threads, and I don't think that was a coincidence. Pretty much every episode the most interesting stuff involves the longer running plots dealing with Penguin, Falcone, Bruce, etc.

A show like Boardwalk Empire would be my model to use. Tons of characters juggling multiple plots spread over an entire (or multiple) seasons.

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well, I wasn't expecting that lesbian scene at the end of the episode. Are they planning more of that?

Are Bruce and Selina going to be childhood friends now?

15. LostSon88 Registered

It sure seems like it.

Again, I don't mind it.

16. NoLaNitE007 Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Right when I saw her sleeping alone....I figured wait a second....is Montoya next to her? Bam....here she came! Wow!

I had a feeling that would develop.

I can see Selina helping Bruce to become street tough to a certain extent. Good to see Penguin figure out what Lisa is up to.

17. Jesse Old Curmudgeon

The case with the bomber was kind of interesting but I thought the scenes with Bruce and Selina were hard to watch. I did like that Alfred didn't interrupt their food fight though.

18. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Ignoring the inane Barbara Kean stuff... this was a highly enjoyable episode.

- The Bat and the Cat were extremely cute together and it was great to see another aspect of Bruce's personality.
    - D'Agosto pulled off a pretty convincing Harvey Dent and I look forward to seeing more of 'Big Bad Harv' as the season progresses.
    - I'm loving the Fish/Penguin scenes and I'm strangely rooting for Fish to at least succeed in some manner. Underdog thing perhaps?
    - This version of Alfred is fast becoming one of my favourites.

But... Eugh, Barbara!! :whatever:

19. Two-Face Harvey Dent

Saw this last night and yeah pretty much how I feel. D'Agosto did a good job but we another episode to see Big Bad Harv which we will get next week's episode.

I love Edward Nygma stuff and working at GCPD much better than him working for Wayne Enterprises. The show is better and better each episode I watch. I hope they keep this up!

20. Rowsdower! Registered

Just getting caught up on this show. I'm really not digging the guy playing Harvey. He just seems to eager and giddy to be believable.

Plus he looks like the Karate Kid.

21. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I always prefer that style of show to villain-of-the week stuff but at least a bunch of the villains have been interesting and the great ongoing characters have been progressing throughout.

22. Ozbridge Registered

It is kind of hilarious reading back this thread, where everyone hates on Barbara and wants the show to bump up Morena to regular and make her Jim's love interest.

We should be careful what we wish for, but anyway despite the ups and downs I still adore the show.

23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Does that mean Barbara gets much better and Morena's character gets much worse? I already think Barbara is much better as a villain.

24. Ozbridge Registered

Yeah, Barbara is a better villain than a love interest, meanwhile the moment Lee became Jim’s love interest she immediately filled the role of the nagging, accusatory girlfriend, and despite being a couple in real life, Morena and Ben have zero chemistry.

25. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Thanks for that. Barbara has become interesting almost overnight since she switched. I can see what you're saying about chemistry although I do like having Morena around.