Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 13 "A Dead Man Feels No Cold"

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
z9zTKaz.jpg

As Gordon, Bullock and Barnes continue the search for Victor Fries (guest star Nathan Darrow), they are forced to look to his wife, Nora (guest-star Kristen Hager), for help. Meanwhile, Penguin is introduced to Hugo Strange (guest star BD Wong), and Alfred reveals some crucial information to Bruce about his parents' murderer in the all-new "Wrath of the Villains: A Dead Man Feels No Cold" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, March 7 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-213) (TV-14 L, V)
tumblr_o3cdne38hh1se334oo4_1280.jpg

[YT]uUTX-YH4g-A[/YT]

The synopsis for this episode is obviously a bit off. Penguin has already been "introduced" to Strange. Maybe they just mean, "tortured"? I remember one other synopsis that was factually wrong this season, because it lead me to an incorrect prediction.

I think this episode has good chances to be an improvement on what I considered to be a slightly pedestrian midseason premiere, but above all I am looking forward to 14 and 15.

What was that 3-fingered thing all about?

David Mazouz is getting tall, man. and maturing fast. If he works out and gets in athletic shape, by the time he's 18 he really will LOOK like a young Bruce Wayne.

That last 10 minutes with Fries and Nora was hands down the best 10 minutes of his show. So heart wrenching. This is why I love Mr. freeze, such a tragic origin story. I choked up.

That was not a good wig.

Loving Strange, though. And looks like Bruce is finally taller than Selena.

Was it just me or does Dr. Peabody look a lot like Jay Versace?

V6lFgqz.jpg

Great episode, and I am loving B.D. Wong as Strange. I wonder what he is up to though? He definitely has Gallivant, and it looks like Jerome and maybe Fish?

Loved, LOVED this two episode arc. WOW! (Admittedly Mr. Freeze has always been my favorite Bat villain, so I am partially biased) but it was so cool (pun intended) to see Victor Fries finally done justice in live action. This was every bit as tragic and emotional as the version from Batman TAS that I loved as a kid. I am glad that the show didn't cock tease us and we saw the full origin of Mr. Freeze. Cannot wait to see him return.

Also, LOVING Hugo Strange. He is proving to be a menacing overarching antagonist. I feel like since season 2 started this show has found its stride and starting to achieve its full potential.

Short review version, great episode. Worse pacing than last one but much, much stronger. The Lee/Jim-Nora/Victor parallells were hamfisted. Bruce Wayne was absolutely incredible in this episode. The dialogue was top notch and David is brilliant with his subtle changes in facial expression. One second he looks like a young teenager boy, the next he's a goddamn Sith lord.

I really liked this version of Mr Freeze. 20 years later it seems that Nolan and the Gotham Show runners have redeemed Bane and Mr Freeze after B&R. Lol.

Loved, LOVED this two episode arc. WOW! (Admittedly Mr. Freeze has always been my favorite Bat villain, so I am partially biased) but it was so cool (pun intended) to see Victor Fries finally done justice in live action. This was every bit as tragic and emotional as the version from Batman TAS that I loved as a kid. I am glad that the show didn't cock tease us and we saw the full origin of Mr. Freeze. Cannot wait to see him return.

Also, LOVING Hugo Strange. He is proving to be a menacing overarching antagonist. I feel like since season 2 started this show has found its stride and starting to achieve its full potential.

I could not agree more. Mr. Freeze is excellent! Hugo Strange's scheming ways as the man behind the scenes pulling the strings with his odd assistant is something I could watch for hours.

Young Bruce is getting ready to leave the boy behind and become who he is destined to be. I do not understand why Gotham fails to get better tv ratings.

At this point, I'm okay with a fast forward to Batman for some action! The show needs it. It can be done with Batman thinking back to his younger self as young Bruce passes the important steeping stones. Or with an older Bullock working with Batman on a future related case.

Short review version, great episode. Worse pacing than last one but much, much stronger. The Lee/Jim-Nora/Victor parallells were hamfisted. Bruce Wayne was absolutely incredible in this episode. The dialogue was top notch and David is brilliant with his subtle changes in facial expression. One second he looks like a young teenager boy, the next he's a goddamn Sith lord.

Yes, the dialogue is great. I have one minor issue. Is it me or is David's voice sometimes a little hard to hear clearly?

So what about the Matches Malone reference. Malone was an alias Batman used in the comics as criminal when he infiltrated gangs. I don't think this Malone killed Bruce's parents either Galavan was lying to him or there is another Malone out there.

It's possible that Malone didn't kill them since Joe Chill did it in the comics. Then again David has repeatedly referred to the upcoming scene as facing his folks' killer.

I realize it would drive the obsessive "purists" crazy but I wouldn't mind Bruce killing Matches only to realize it was a giant mistake.

Batman's code doesn't come out of nowhere. This is Bruce Wayne when the demon within him has just awakened and the code has yet to form. I don't think he yet knows how to handle it.

"Good men don't need rules." Batman needs rules because without them he'd be a vicious, psychopathic killer. Catwoman can make do without them because even her darker side is playful and less brutal. Thus another reason why Bruce envies Selina.

Gordon is being a little bastard. Can't believe he allowed Penguin to take the rap for him without flinching at all. I hope Penguin manages to resist the procedures - I'd hate for him to be mentally unstable. He's more of a sly-businessman-type, not Arkham material.

^^
Maybe not Arkham material at this point but he is rather mentally unstable just not full crazy yet.

Was surprised they killed off Nora. Isn't she still alive in the comics...albeit frozen until a cure is found?

Speaking of Nora. The actress playing her was very cute. :)

Also, my son noticed something. When they revealed Theo Galavan at the end. He said the guy in the chamber behind him looked like Jerome. So hoping he comes back as the Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"