Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 16 "Prisoners"

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
z9zTKaz.jpg

After Gordon is removed from protective custody, he begins to face new threats and dangers inside prison walls. In order to survive, he must rely on a new friend, as well as Bullock and other outside help. Meanwhile, Penguin grows closer to his father, while his step-mother and step-siblings move forward with their own plans for the family in the all-new "Wrath of the Villains: Prisoners" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, March 28 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-216) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

[YT]0D9mezW4nAw[/YT]

I see that there is hair gel in Blackgate.:o
tumblr_o4ibcsWgXd1sr4a80o1_500.gif

going have to tape it since I will not miss the Flash/SG team up tonight

I think I saw a tweet from Warner Bros. TV showing Jim with Bullock and [blackout]Falcone[/blackout]. If that really was him, I wish they had kept a tighter lid on that, since he hasn't shown up all season.

I think I saw a tweet from Warner Bros. TV showing Jim with Bullock and [blackout]Falcone[/blackout]. If that really was him, I wish they had kept a tighter lid on that, since he hasn't shown up all season.
There's been set pictures on farfarawaysite for a long time with Falcone. I agree that's not a very tight lid but it pales in comparison with some spoilers leaking major plot points in advance via the synopsis, such as [blackout]Jim getting out and Pingu's father getting murdered leading to Oswald breaking his conditioning.[/blackout]

I hope Bullock made that up.

Daredevil spoilers.
tumblr_o4s1qhfXOi1qis0xeo2_1280.png

tumblr_o4s1qhfXOi1qis0xeo1_1280.png

Sorry to say it but this was one damn weak episode. The Gordon plot lacked any kind of emotional punch. The Penguin plot was extremely well-acted but it couldn't have been any more predictable if they tried. At least next outing looks to be great.

Episode was a bit low-key for me. I think they could've done more with it. There should've been more of Bullock sniffing around and/or butting heads with Barnes. More Nygma reveling in his victory. Perhaps Bruce doing a little detective work. Setting the episode solely on Jim and Oswald just didn't provide enough excitement factor for me.

As for Leslie, we didn't see it happen ourselves, so I'm not believing it at the moment. I think it could be a lie she told Harvey to tell Jim. The last time she saw him, Jim seemed pretty certain he'd never get out and pushed her away. She took it a step further to keep him from feeling the pain of knowing that there was a child out there and that he would never be a part of it's life.

I really liked this episode. The kooky stuff was kept low and it was more of a dramatic performance driven episode.

"Restrain yourself, woman!" made me laugh.

Well, if there's anything you can say about this show, at least it's inspiring differing opinions.

Sorry to say it but this was one damn weak episode. The Gordon plot lacked any kind of emotional punch. The Penguin plot was extremely well-acted but it couldn't have been any more predictable if they tried. At least next outing looks to be great.

I liked it overall. 7 out of 10 for me.

It was the little stuff that mattered in the Gordon plot. The Con who liked Gordon. He didn't want to die in prison and reminded Jim he is, in fact, a hero. Or how about the cop who helped him and agreed to take the punch to make his escape look good. The Warden was pure evil. That guy gave me the creeps.

Gordon's escape was well done. Now he's back into Lion's den with a broken heart. And Barbara has him weak if she want to make a play for him.

The Penguin plot was the better of the two. Will he get his father's estate? There's a big fight coming up.

I personally thought this was one of the strongest episodes Gotham has put out that isn't driven by established comic characters.

The two arcs have a beautiful parallel... Jim Gordon trapped in a prison he wants to get out of and go back to Gotham while Penguin in a different kind of prison he has always wanted to get into, away from Gotham.

Resulting in both being responsible for the deaths of their allies in said prison.

Yes, I can see people expecting the overall arc, which is splendid, to progress and being disappointed in that context but I thought, for what it was, the episode was great.

This episode was literally James Gordon as Andy Dufresne. He even got the same haircut. Overall though, I had fun with it.

A little late but I thought this was a great episode. But...I'm very confused on Gordon's fake death scene? Gordon seemed like he didnt know about it but....how was the fake blood planted on him? And how did Gordon know to play dead if he wasnt really being stabbed?

Solid character stuff for Penguin, loved the portrayal of his father. This is definitely a different direction for Gordon. Nice to see "old friends". Interested to see where this goes.

I low-key wanted Penguin to get his dad's fortune.

Good to see Falcone again. Penguin is always interesting.

This episode was literally James Gordon as Andy Dufresne. He even got the same haircut. Overall though, I had fun with it.

He really is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"