Gotham Season 2, Episode 16 "Prisoners"

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Guts, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Guts Smug

[​IMG]

[YT]0D9mezW4nAw[/YT]

2. Guts Smug

I see that there is hair gel in Blackgate.:o
    [​IMG]

3. Kathemy It could happen to you

4. Morg Super Moderator

going have to tape it since I will not miss the Flash/SG team up tonight

5. Sawyer High King

I think I saw a tweet from Warner Bros. TV showing Jim with Bullock and [blackout]Falcone[/blackout]. If that really was him, I wish they had kept a tighter lid on that, since he hasn't shown up all season.

6. Kathemy It could happen to you

There's been set pictures on farfarawaysite for a long time with Falcone. I agree that's not a very tight lid but it pales in comparison with some spoilers leaking major plot points in advance via the synopsis, such as [blackout]Jim getting out and Pingu's father getting murdered leading to Oswald breaking his conditioning.[/blackout]

7. Guts Smug

I hope Bullock made that up.

8. Guts Smug

Daredevil spoilers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kathemy It could happen to you

Sorry to say it but this was one damn weak episode. The Gordon plot lacked any kind of emotional punch. The Penguin plot was extremely well-acted but it couldn't have been any more predictable if they tried. At least next outing looks to be great.

10. Sawyer High King

Episode was a bit low-key for me. I think they could've done more with it. There should've been more of Bullock sniffing around and/or butting heads with Barnes. More Nygma reveling in his victory. Perhaps Bruce doing a little detective work. Setting the episode solely on Jim and Oswald just didn't provide enough excitement factor for me.

As for Leslie, we didn't see it happen ourselves, so I'm not believing it at the moment. I think it could be a lie she told Harvey to tell Jim. The last time she saw him, Jim seemed pretty certain he'd never get out and pushed her away. She took it a step further to keep him from feeling the pain of knowing that there was a child out there and that he would never be a part of it's life.

11. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I really liked this episode. The kooky stuff was kept low and it was more of a dramatic performance driven episode.

"Restrain yourself, woman!" made me laugh.

12. Kathemy It could happen to you

Well, if there's anything you can say about this show, at least it's inspiring differing opinions.

13. Taarna Registered

I liked it overall. 7 out of 10 for me.

It was the little stuff that mattered in the Gordon plot. The Con who liked Gordon. He didn't want to die in prison and reminded Jim he is, in fact, a hero. Or how about the cop who helped him and agreed to take the punch to make his escape look good. The Warden was pure evil. That guy gave me the creeps.

Gordon's escape was well done. Now he's back into Lion's den with a broken heart. And Barbara has him weak if she want to make a play for him.

The Penguin plot was the better of the two. Will he get his father's estate? There's a big fight coming up.

14. Guts Smug

15. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

I personally thought this was one of the strongest episodes Gotham has put out that isn't driven by established comic characters.

The two arcs have a beautiful parallel... Jim Gordon trapped in a prison he wants to get out of and go back to Gotham while Penguin in a different kind of prison he has always wanted to get into, away from Gotham.

Resulting in both being responsible for the deaths of their allies in said prison.

Yes, I can see people expecting the overall arc, which is splendid, to progress and being disappointed in that context but I thought, for what it was, the episode was great.

16. Kane52630 Timmverse User

This episode was literally James Gordon as Andy Dufresne. He even got the same haircut. Overall though, I had fun with it.

17. kguillou Registered

A little late but I thought this was a great episode. But...I'm very confused on Gordon's fake death scene? Gordon seemed like he didnt know about it but....how was the fake blood planted on him? And how did Gordon know to play dead if he wasnt really being stabbed?

18. The Guard Registered

Solid character stuff for Penguin, loved the portrayal of his father. This is definitely a different direction for Gordon. Nice to see "old friends". Interested to see where this goes.

19. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I low-key wanted Penguin to get his dad's fortune.

20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Good to see Falcone again. Penguin is always interesting.

21. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

He really is!