Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 3 "The Last Laugh"

I feel that the writers and producers are just toying with the audience. I thought the Jerome character was great. Was he the Joker? In my eyes he sure looked it, the pale makeup, the laugh the obvious insanity as well as the flashes of Nicholson and Ledger.

However I am of the school that the Joker should NOT have a back story. I thought the idea of Jack Napier killing Thomas and Martha Wayne in 89 was preposterous. Joe Chill killed the Waynes, end of story.

I am not a big fan of messing with the original stores but I do understand that every writer and/or producer wants to put his spin on a story. (Maybe someone will come along and do a version of King Lear where Lear, Goneril, Regan and Cordelia all live at the end!)

I loved Nolan’s Joker, how he came out of nowhere and we had no idea who he was. Gordon’s speech in TDK after Ledger was captured, about him having no identification and all his clothes being designer was a nice touch.

The writers teased us last season as well with the Red Hood gang. Once again in my Batman world, the Joker was originally the Red Hood, he falls into a vat of chemicals and gets the green hair pale white skin and the red lips. He is also a killer that thinks nothing of wiping out an entire family on a whim.

It’s my feeling we will be seeing more would be “Jokers” throughout the series. The producers are going to continue to mess with us. We all know already who the Riddler and Penguin are, but the Joker is and always will be Batman’s greatest foe, he has to be done right, in the meantime it will be a guessing game. Although, I think it is going to be really hard to top Cameron Monaghan’s performance.

My feeling is that Jerome is dead but they bring back the actor to play the Joker complete with the white makeup red lips and green hair somewhere down the road. Crazy concept but hey it’s television it could happen.
I get your point on Jack Napier in 89 and on how good it was in TDK for The Joker to come out of nowhere. But if you mean leaving out Joker from Gotham entirely to keep him from having a backstory, it would probably be something most fnas wouldn't want.

And finally, I have been playing around with the letters to “Jerome Velaska” and I have come up with the anagrams: “Me a Joker Slave” or “Me a Joker Salve” A salve is described as an ointment put on the skin to soothe pain. Obviously Jerome was doing the opposite and causing pain. According to Wiki: The name (salve) comes from archaic belief that an irritant can "draw out" evil humors. Take that as you will.
Good work :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"