Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 5 "Scarification" General Discussion

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Sawyer, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Sawyer High King

[​IMG]

Showing up tonight...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rocket Launcher
    [YT]F1_VozSdY8M[/YT]
    An Explosive End
    [YT]EE4SNczPW8o[/YT]
    Hello, Again
    [YT]PcCtt7z4zCI[/YT]

2. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

What is it with this show and eyeballs?

3. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Oh, god, the Merc is amazing. The black market as a big box store. Everytime you think the show hasn't gone absurd enough. I just hope they bring it back.

4. marvelrobbins Registered

Very intresting devolpments tonight.

of course we all know the villain plan will fail since bruce wayne can't die.

5. godisawesome Registered

Dumas.

Whelp, now we know how Azrael is going to be in this series. Me and my buddy predicted that the knife was going to be a Court of Owls reference, but we were presently surprised by the Order's reveal. Of course, we then immediately pictured the show finding a way to bring us a Talon vs Azrael fight...

They are using their ensemble cast much better this season; this was a Penguin, Gordon, and Selina episode, and the last in particular got some time to shine. I enjoyed having her tied to the arc villain of Firefly, and even the new girl was interesting. Gordon got the most awkward double date in the show's history, and we lost a redshirt this week.

Penguin continues to be the most consistently good thing about the show. I loved how his fury was predictable enough that Butch just got out of the way of him beating the messenger. And we all, Butch included, knew it wasn't a good thing when Penguin kept ordering him to take shots.

But man, does this show love dismemberment: Fish's eye, that henchman' head, Dumas's hand, Butch's hand...

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I love Fireflys costume! It is refreshing to get away from all the dark leather from Arrow/Flash. Very creative.

7. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

I knew Dumas sounded familiar.

8. Frodo Registered

Kinda a set up episode tonight so it was a bit slow, though I also liked the Wayne/ Gallavan family history. Next week looks like the set up from tonights episode will pay off.

9. Sawyer High King

Poor [blackout]Butch[/blackout]. :csad:

10. Antman2015 Registered

Cosign! Firefly looked great. Awesome translation Its a better adapted firefly by a long shot the arrow s1 did. Penguin is awesome when backed into a corner and I'm excited to see where the storyline goes next. Best episode since Jerome left now I'm stoked for next week

11. Dave McFly oh hell no!

Loved the exploding perp

"What the hell are you packing?"

:funny:

12. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

I LOLed at that too.

It was a great episode setting up the season arc beautifully.

I quite liked the Firefly costume too which was very creative.

And Butch going the way of the Kingslayer was interesting.

13. Kane52630 Veridis Quo

Decent episode overall, I kinda like the new Firefly origins.

I was laughing my ass off that there's an actual black market and that the dude blew up like a Looney Tunes cartoon. :hehe:

14. Taarna Registered

Maybe, maybe not! It is plausible that Bruce Wayne's death will be staged, and young Bruce will be sent somewhere else to train.

This Galavan blood feud with the Wayne's is very interesting. Perhaps they had something to do with the Bruce parents being murdered?

15. Guts Smug

Leslie Thompkins, Kristen Kringle, and Edward Nygma having the
    [​IMG]

16. ALittlePush Registered

It was a good episode. It seems like they are finally giving Selina something to do. Galavan is using Silver as bait to lure Bruce into a trap, the question is who is going to save him? Alfred, Gordon or Selina? I'm thinking perhaps Selina because at the moment she's been warned off by Alfred but once she's saved Bruce, Alfred will probably be more receptive of her. When Bruce discovers Galavan's betrayal, that'll be another building block on the road to Batman.

You can see Penguin starting to turn against Galavan but I think his mother is going to end up getting tortured or killed when the Galavans realise what he is up to. They don't seem to be using Tabitha or Barbara a lot at the moment, Tabitha has been pointless from about episode 2 onwards. She's just a lackey whose position could be filled by any underling character.

So Fish Mooney came up with some characters thinking she's dead and others thinking she's going to come back. I think this could be foreshadowing her return, after all "no body no death" perhaps in a season 3.

Jerome has also been referenced again this episode, after last week's "ginger maniac" line, with Galavan's fake trauma about killing a man. I wonder if this could be leading up to Jerome's return somehow. He looked dead at the end of episode 3 but the references to him suggest that something is going to occur. Once is a coincidence, twice is suspicious. It'll be interesting if they make another reference to him next episode, if they do then something is almost definitely happening.

17. Taarna Registered

I'd like to see Jerome to get revenge on Galavan. That would be epic.

18. X Knight Straight Edge

I must admit that Gotham has started getting more interesting this whole season, especially with the last few episodes.

now I'm really torn which show to watch - Gotham or Supergirl. :(

19. Pokkle Registered

Firefly was better here than in arrow. :woot:
    St Dumas order interesting.

20. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Strange having an episode without Bruce and Alfred, yet they're talking about the history and rivalry between the Waynes and Galavans. Nice with the debut of Firefly. Both Selina and Butch are the only ones who stood out in this episode.

21. The Guard Registered

The show is really starting to find a nice balance between the grittier aspects of the show and the weird. A little sad The Merc got shut down. Solid episode...some real potential with the Order of St. Dumas.

22. Taarna Registered

I think the reason for the show doing better is Gordon and Bullock don't solve a case in one show. Now the main plots last 3-4 shows in a row or more. This allows for more twists and turns, and a richer plot.

I hope they stick with this formula!

23. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I don't think this was Firefly. Selina called those guys the Firebugs.

24. hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

"ya mutha wuzza hoe "

25. kguillou Registered

Yeah that episodic format last year just didn't work well. It didn't really give you a reason to tune in next week. This time we have an actual storyline that's unfolding each week and the villains are given room to develop. I can't wait til they bring in Mr. Freeze!