Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 6 "By Fire"

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
gotham_header_h_2015.jpg
MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, ON FOX

After Bridgit Pike (guest star Michelle Veintimilla) rejoins her brothers, a new spark of courage ignites within her, as she chooses to take control of her future. Meanwhile, Kringle and Nygma’s relationship will take a new step and Penguin and Galavan continue to battle for control of Gotham City’s underworld in the all-new “Rise of the Villains: By Fire” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-206) (TV-14; D, L, S, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1
http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/Gotham-ep206_scn30_2054_hires1_595_Mini-Logo-TV-white-Gallery.jpg

looking forward to more from Firebug, I liked her character in the last ep :up:

Ha

I like the green lighting outside of Nygma's window

Not a coincidence imo

Firebug sounds like Harley.

That was kind of an underwhelming climax. Was hoping for a more epic standoff.

Who was that girl that looked like Black Widow ?

Glad Firefly's alive. I want to see more of her and booooy is she gonna be somethin when she comes back. Eventhough the climax was a little underwhelming this was another solid episode, this season has me intrigued where this season long arc is going.

Last edited:
This episode was good. I'm glad Firefly is still alive, and they really need to stop killing villains before their prime.

Who was the chick in prison?

This was a strong, tragic conclusion to what is awesomely enough going to be a recurring character. Yeah, her defeat was a little anti-climactic, but it was never really going to be an action packed fight; Bridgette's arc was all about her emotional state and descent into a self-destructive violence, alongside her relationship to Selina.

Nygma's story turned predictable, but was pretty well executed. Penguin, Butch, and the Galavans had an awesome cliffhanger for next week.

I feel like they want to have a mini-season climax now before ramping up the Galavan plot when the Order of St. Dumas finally arrives in strength.

Now, as for Indian Hill; was that the land deal made a year ago involving Falcone, or am I mixing up my dark and dirty Gotham secrets? Either way, the fact that it seems to be a separate evil from the Galavans implies to me we're going to see an evil vs. evil plot in some fashion involving the Azraels; I'm just still holding out hope that the evil on one side is supplemented by the Court of Owls.

They could have a darker version of Phillip Kane be the defacto power behind Wayne Enterprises with Sid's death, and have him connected to the Court...

Glad Firefly survived. I like her and she has a sweet suit. It's good to have some recurring villians.

lol at Butch getting a hammer hand. I'm thinking there is a betrayal on Penguin somewhere.

And Alfred, still not giving a #%$% how old you are. He will still sucker punch you in the face.

another pretty solid episode

so far this season has been leaps & bounds better than the 1st season

Oh my god, Barbara and Tigress actually said a word to each other. :o I mean...it was just one, but that's the only one they've had in 6 episodes despite all the making out.

That was an okay episode, surprisingly. Not great, but not bad.

Guys, this is the Batman villain Firebug, not Firefly. She's been explicitly identified as Firebug, and furthermore she doesn't fly.

Granted, its confusing that Batman has two fire-based villains, but there it is.

Her family is called the Firebugs, but she has been called Firefly in promotional material and the show. I think it's a two-fer reference.

Now, as for Indian Hill; was that the land deal made a year ago involving Falcone, or am I mixing up my dark and dirty Gotham secrets? Either way, the fact that it seems to be a separate evil from the Galavans implies to me we're going to see an evil vs. evil plot in some fashion involving the Azraels; I'm just still holding out hope that the evil on one side is supplemented by the Court of Owls.

They could have a darker version of Phillip Kane be the defacto power behind Wayne Enterprises with Sid's death, and have him connected to the Court...

Now you have me imagining an all-out war between the Order of St Dumas and Court of Owls, with the Talons and Knights ducking it out in the streets. Probably to epic to actually happen on the show, but a man can dream

And maybe Indian Hill is where they've been hiding Montoya and Allen? :o

or maybe both Montoya and Allen were killed by The Spectre?

A few thoughts...

1. I hope that Hugo Strange is operating in the Indian Hill facility.
2. I am happy they wrote out the Firefly character. She was annoying as ****. Even though I had wished they had offed the character, there is a chance they could find some better plotlines and development for the character in the future.
3. Bullock had a lot of great one-liners. "Ginger to ginger..."
4. I am still on the fence about Butch's new hand attachment. Loved the Evil Dead reference, tho.
5. A minor nitpick: I wish whoever is writing the dialogue would retire the word "got." In this episode and the preceding one, the word is used excessively...when it should not be used at all. It is one of the rules I learned in 7th grade English: do not use the word got.

I liked this episode but felt it was the weakest of the second season.

I think they went a little over the top with Selina stunts and Firefly's scaring away a some thugs buying women for immoral purposes.

I mean think about it, why would a person with a gun from the right distance fear a flame thrower with limited range?

Having said that I did like Firefly's revenge, young Bruce learning more about girls, and his training with Alfred. Nygma's creepy yet tragic ending of Kristen could embolden him to become the Riddler.

Next week's showdown between the Penguin's and Theo Galavan's people is going to be a pier six brawl.

I think this one was stunning. That's alll.

I'm intrigued by this Indian Hill facility and that the character that was presumed dead wasn't dead which kind of gives me a tiny bit of hope that perhaps Jerome isn't actually dead and he's just being held there until the show is ready to use him again (probably wishful thinking but still.)

The "ginger to ginger" line- I wouldn't say Harvey was ginger so that line to Ivy doesn't quite make sense. (However, and this is also probably wishful thinking, Jerome was ginger and the two previous episodes before this one referenced him so maybe this was another hint/reference as Jerome has been referred to twice as "ginger"?)

I liked how Gordon seemed to be acting more like Season 1 Bullock whilst Barnes was acting like Season 1 Gordon.

I hope Penguin succeeds in his plan to save his mother. I'm not sure Theo Galavan is going to survive beyond the Christmas break though his death would certainly give Tabitha something to do.

I enjoyed Bruce and Alfred training although it seems a bit early for Bruce to go into training mode. What is he supposed to be training for? Batman is a long way off and if Bruce is planning to take over Wayne enterprises when he's old enough, why is he learning to physically fight instead of learning how to run a business?

Bullock defending himself to Gordon that his kicking didn't kill the guy but being burnt to a crisp probably did. I'm surprised Bullock hasn't had a run in with Barnes yet but Gordon has, especially when Gordon is the more upstanding of the two.

I was surprised that they killed off Kringle, though her bad reaction to Nygma's confession suggested she wouldn't last long. My only question about her death is that when Nygma had his hands on her mouth and throat, inadvertently suffocating her, why didn't she use HER hands to try and take his hands off her throat or mouth or at least indicate that she couldn't breathe? She just kind of stood there doing nothing.

I sense an Alfred/Selina team up may happen in the future as Bruce gets drawn in deeper and deeper by Galavan.

Overall a solid episode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"