Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 7 "Mommy's Little Monster"

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
MMUNezn.jpg
Butch leads Penguin and his men to the warehouse where Gertrude is being held, as Penguin plots his revenge on Galavan for kidnapping his mother. Meanwhile, Nygma deals with the aftermath of a deadly accident in the all new "Rise of the Villains: Mommy's Little Monster" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-207) (TV-14 D, L, V)
tumblr_nwvzzqd8bv1sr4a80o1_500.jpg

That preview with Silver threatening Selina seems like a promise of lil' Bruce having Femme Fatales explained to him by the one he ends up battling in the future.

And there's no way Gordon stays ignorant of the Galavans true nature if Theo's going full Melisandre in his ear.

Selina just fired all kinds of shots.

This has been a GOOD episode. Things are escslating and the plots moving at a swift pace. Now that Galavan is mayor and Gordon knows who he is...what now?

So now Galavan has to know butch betrayed him....guy can't catch a break.

Hopefully Bruce eventully wises up about Silver.She seems young to be kind of femme fatale they are making her into.

with tonight's episode I wonder if Butch's days are soon to be numbered.

Gordon will be in serious danger now that Galavan knows he is on to him.

She's not young for Gotham. Hell, Selina already acts like she's 30.

well the actress is kind of young.and they seem to practully have her as seductive feeme fatale.

Yeah Selina acts much older than she Is.

Gordon needs to learn to play things close to the vest. I dont know if it was wise telling Galavan "I'm coming after you" now that he's in control of Gotham. He shouldve played it cool.

Last edited:
This episode was a nice kind of "declaration of war" episode. Now, Penguin is loose and at war with Galavan, Gordon knows Galavan's true colors, and Selina knows Silver's up to no good. That leaves Bruce and Alfred as the only solo protagonists out in the cold.

I loved how, for all that this episode was about Penguin going for emotional revenge, he's still by far one of the most practical characters in the show. The Galavans have a hard-on for toying with their enemies and embracing theatrics, which Penguin exploits to stay alive and target Theo. He's not a full on, David Xanatos/Lionel Luthor style schemer. But he is a very cunning and dangerous adversary. And now he's an acknowledged criminal on the run and at war with the mayor. Interesting stuff.

Eddie's descent into Riddler was wonderfully macabre, even if a little too definitive. Honestly, his plot was delivered at the same breakneck pace as everything else this season, and you can only get so much mileage out of the split personality theme. So now we'll get to see how his narcissistic streak becomes even more pronounced, and watch to see how he breaks ranks from the GCPD.

Silver's such a blatant femme fatale that I kind of hope she's set off Alfred's alarms as well. The real key to this subplot will be seeing how Bruce realizes the trap he's in. Will they have him snatched from death by Selina, now that she's probably even more sensitive to losing friends? Will Silver slip and allow the Great Detective to get his start?

I enjoyed it. Liked that they finally did Riddler-esque stuff with Nygma, rather than just have him become a simple killer. Like that his first riddles were to himself.

It will be interesting to see what Galavan can do against Gordan with the current chief in place. Still, poor Butch. Had his brief moment of power. Then all his flunkies from Zsaz. Which is a reasonable response.

I enjoyed this episode a lot as well.

Though it definitely reaffirmed my belief that this show would have been better off had they introduced Bruce Wayne (and Selina Kyle) at a much older age; preferrably when Bruce is at least 18 years old.

Seeing the show play up the whole flirting/femme fatale angle with Bruce Wayne when he's only like 12-13 years old is pretty creepy imho.

Plus, it really limits as to what they can do with him. If he was like 18 years old (AT LEAST), we could see him as someone who can get more involved with physical situations, showcasing that while he's still learning how to become a Master Martial Artist, he's still pretty above average at this point in time.

And it wouldn't make showcasing their ships involving Bruce and Selina at that state come off as creepy since they wouldn't be underage.

Good , but wacky. Such is Gotham I suppose. I also found the Silver and Selina stuff awkward since these aren't even freshmen , but otherwise , the episode was solid.

Those three aren't even past the pimply stage and already we've got a full on battle of the femme fatales over the rich boy. I really want Alfred to mock the situation at some point.

Best line of the night. My biggest complaint about this show is there are too many characters, most of which we do know "thrive" so they insist on bringing in more that they "kill". Selina is pretty cool.

I enjoyed this episode a lot as well.

Though it definitely reaffirmed my belief that this show would have been better off had they introduced Bruce Wayne (and Selina Kyle) at a much older age; preferrably when Bruce is at least 18 years old.

Seeing the show play up the whole flirting/femme fatale angle with Bruce Wayne when he's only like 12-13 years old is pretty creepy imho.

Plus, it really limits as to what they can do with him. If he was like 18 years old (AT LEAST), we could see him as someone who can get more involved with physical situations, showcasing that while he's still learning how to become a Master Martial Artist, he's still pretty above average at this point in time.

And it wouldn't make showcasing their ships involving Bruce and Selina at that state come off as creepy since they wouldn't be underage.

I agree. especially since the whole "Gordon investigating the Wayne Murder mystery" has largely been dropped now, there's no reason why they couldn't be doing what they are doing now with an older 18-20 year old Bruce.

that being said, I'm enjoying this season way more than Season 1. ideally, I'd like to see the same actors grow into adult Bruce and Selina but I wouldn't be opposed to a time skip at the end of Season 3 or something.

I geeked out at seeing Nygma in a green suit. Obviously very Riddler-ish.

Gotham has absolutely killed it with their version of the Riddler or future Riddler.

An army of penguins, nice !
Glad that Butch is back to his old self.
Not a fan of young Bruce flirting stories but Selina is an ok character.
Gordon should stop telling his enemies he is after them.
So far, a good season.

Look, more people whining about fifteen-year-olds behaving like fifteen-year-olds. Shocker.

This was the best episode yet of the entire show.

Look, more people whining about fifteen-year-olds behaving like fifteen-year-olds. Shocker.

I disagree. I estimate Bruce to be about 13. Selina is older than him so she may be 14/15 but wasn't Silver in the same year at school as Bruce? If she is, then that makes her 13/14 too.

Puppy love is one thing but they have Silver acting as a femme fatale, she's too young!

We have nothing whatsoever to go with apart from the actors' physical age. The only reference we have is that Bruce's father wrote a letter to him when he was twelve, but there is no way to know if that was immediately before his death or not.

David is 14. Natalie is 15. Camren is 16.

The average age of these people is 15.

The idea that teenagers don't date and that a teenager can't be conditioned into acting a "femme fatale" is completely ridiculous. It's a testament to the moral panic of contemporary Western civilisation.

We have nothing whatsoever to go with apart from the actors' physical age. The only reference we have is that Bruce's father wrote a letter to him when he was twelve, but there is no way to know if that was immediately before his death or not.

David is 14. Natalie is 15. Camren is 16.

The average age of these people is 15.

The idea that teenagers don't date and that a teenager can't be conditioned into acting a "femme fatale" is completely ridiculous. It's a testament to the moral panic of contemporary Western civilisation.

It would be more poignant for the letter to be one of the last things Thomas wrote before his death instead of writing it a year before the fact.

I've listed a load of evidence in the Bruce's age thread that put him at least comfortably in the age 13 bracket possibly approaching 14.

Silver using Bruce and stringing him along isn't so out there, it's the fact that Silver is so accomplished in her femme fatale role despite her tender age that
raises a few eyebrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"