Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 8 " Tonight's the Night"

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
MMUNezn.jpg
Galavan sends Barbara after Jim Gordon, while he tries to make a business deal with Bruce Wayne. Barnes and Bullock are hot on Barbara's trail, and Nygma has a run-in with a familiar face in the all new "Rise of the Villains: Tonight's the Night" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-208) (TV-14 L, V)

[YT]L8MQcsUVUWQ[/YT]

Just as an aside, because I haven't seen anyone mention it, What does the above graphic look like to you when you back off a little and squint your eyes? Look familiar?

i know exactly what you mean

its spider-man's chest symbol

Man this season has been solid. Tonight was another good episode. Very tense. I gotta think Galavan has a trick up his sleeve and his capture is a part of his plan....right?

Tonight may be first time galavan has had setback but i am sure he will get out
of the charges for kidnapping James.

Again I say Silver remains very young to be the femme fatale they have been
setting her up for.however her charms might not work as well anymore on
Bruce.

The twists and turns in this series related to Barbara may go anywhere they want - but in the end, she is married to Gordon by the time Bruce Wayne is old enough to become Bat-Man.
The way i see it through how the series is playing out, it looks like a marriage of mercy.

The twists and turns in this series related to Barbara may go anywhere they want - but in the end, she is married to Gordon by the time Bruce Wayne is old enough to become Bat-Man.
The way i see it through how the series is playing out, it looks like a marriage of mercy.

Except for the part where that doesn't need to happen but okay.

Please refer to "Batman - year-one" by Frank Miller, there are other sources as well, but in all scenarios Gordan and Barbara are married - Batman and with it the Gotham series remain fascinating and cool as long as the basic Batman key elements remain intact - the villains (there are several jokers, so i wasn't worried when Jerome Valeska was killed), gangsters (there are many versions in their regard). but on Gordon's part Barbara is a constant (there are issues which play out that she leaves him for long periods - but they still remain married!!!!).

Calling it now. Lee will leave Gordon and end up with Alfred.

Theyre not playing by a continuity rulebook on this show. This is an alternate origin for these characters. Gordon is not going to marry Barbara.

I wouldn't judge out Gordon marrying Barbara in the end but I don't think it will necessarily happen either.

There is no way Gordon would marry her after what shes done. He obviously still has residual feelings for her but what would that make him if married her??

Anyone else feel Gotham has too many episodes a season? I remember liking how Gotham started in it's first season with the Wayne's murder mystery which then branched into too many subplots and fillers with Ivy, Dulmacher and what not.

This season too, it has tremendous pace and is exciting to watch but I fear it's going to fizz out in a couple of episodes and then it will resume again towards the end?

I thought " Tonight's the Night" was decent, but it did not reach the high bar of much of season two. Perhaps that's because I'm not too keen on the psycho woman genre.

Maybe Jim marries a different girl named Barbara?

I enjoyed the episode but really wish they showed more of Barbs sane/emotionale side. Apart from her dream, they just seemed to keep her in crazy mode.

Looking forward to the Riddler/Penguin team up. Though, I loved how things kept going wrong as he was trying to bury Kringle.

I know this show is supposed to be cheesy BUT

How come the GCPD were not wearing bulletproof vests?

They suspected a trap FFS

I loved the "RIDLR" on Nygma's license plate

Gotham is its own continuity just like Smallville was. The showrunners can take the characters in almost any direction they want because they know they will end the show when Batman shows up. They already said don't expect things to line up with the comics or established continuity that you may be familiar with.

yep and then Gordon will have an affair with Sarah Essen...

oh wait... she's dead

huh

Gotham is its own continuity just like Smallville was. The showrunners can take the characters in almost any direction they want because they know they will end the show when Batman shows up. They already said don't expect things to line up with the comics or established continuity that you may be familiar with.

This was basically established when Salvatore Maroni died at the end of season 1.

Penguin stole a fisherman's sandwich in season 1 and now he stole Edward's sandwich. Robin Lord Taylor should become the new subway spokesperson.

whenever i see a sandwich left unattended i also eat it

i don't think of it as "stealing"

more like giving it a home in my stomach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"