Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 9 "A Bitter Pill to Swallow"

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
MMUNezn.jpg

Gordon and Barnes continue cleaning up Gotham, and Gordon comes face-to-face with one of the city's most dangerous hitmen, Eduardo Flamingo (guest star Raul Castillo). Meanwhile, Nygma and Penguin cross paths again, and Bruce pressures Galavan into handing over the name of his parents' murderer in the all new "Rise of the Villains: A Bitter Pill to Swallow" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Nov. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-209) (TV-14 L, V)

Hotel key? How old are these kids again?

I like how annoyed Penguin is with Nygma.

Last edited:
I swear if you're not liking this episode there's something wrong with you.

Flamingo was terrific! And Alfred was epic as usual.

Jesus Christ.

League of Shadows? Court of Owls?

Last edited:
That black turtleneck Bruce was wearing reminded me of a young Archer.

More like a young Keaton or Kilmer. Oh and nice Boardwalk gif lol. I miss that show.:csad:

Best thing this show has ever done was give Bruce a 'Keaton' turtleneck.

another awesome ep :up: specially enjoyed all the Riddler and Penguin scenes. easily the highlight of the episode. if the series are gonna do their version of the classic Penguin-Riddler partners-in-crime stories i cant wait to see it :woot:

the Bruce and Alfred scenes are also pretty good. another way to present teenage bullheadedness without wasting time in pushing the plot forward. excellent :up:

Best thing this show has ever done was give Bruce a 'Keaton' turtleneck.

Makes me want to see Keaton's Bruce interact with Pertwee's Alfred.

Bruce: I'm not the one who let Vicki Vale into the Batcave.
Alfred: .... are you taking the piss, Master Bruce?
Bruce: Oh God, Alfred...
Alfred: ARE YOU TAKING THE F***ING PISS, YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE C***?!?"
*Alfred pulls belt off and proceeds to beat Bruce to death*

The showrunners must be fans of the first two Tim Burton Batman movies.

This was easily more well written and intense episode so far. :up:

I liked Gordon's bullseye one liner

I liked the Penguin & Riddler team up

Yeah, the Penguin/Riddler team up is going to be fun.

I do find it interesting the amount of winter effects they put on the titles when advertising the fall finale. Freeze is coming, lol.

I did like how Alfred managed to outsmart Bruce from going to see Silver, Bruce has got a looooong way to go to become the detective he ends up being.

Anyone else notice the Joker graffiti near the beginning of the episode? That was a nice touch. I'm hoping it's foreshadowing the return of Jerome, but if it's not, then it's a nice nod to the continuation of a storyline that has slipped into the background.

I enjoyed Alfred keeping Bruce away from Silver and outsmarting Bruce's plan. At least Alfred has the brains that Bruce seems to lack. I know Bruce is only a kid but still, you'd think the future Batman would be a bit smarter.

Are the assassins going to keep going after Gordon or is that it now? Because he's still alive and they supposedly don't give up until the job is done.

I think my only complaint about the episode is that we're supposed to buy that Tabitha feels stongly enough about Barbara that she is willing to go against her brother's orders for revenge, yet we've not seen the build up of an emotional connection between Barbara and Tabitha.

It was a really good episode. I've enjoyed this show, period.

The showrunners must be fans of the first two Tim Burton Batman movies.

Easily, just off of the Selina casting.

Notice how Nygma's apartment has the 'fortune telling' machine like in BForever?

Makes me want to see Keaton's Bruce interact with Pertwee's Alfred.

Bruce: I'm not the one who let Vicki Vale into the Batcave.
Alfred: .... are you taking the piss, Master Bruce?
Bruce: Oh God, Alfred...
Alfred: ARE YOU TAKING THE F***ING PISS, YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE C***?!?"
*Alfred pulls belt off and proceeds to beat Bruce to death*

I wonder what Pertwee's Alfred would have been like at Bruce's funeral in the Dark Knight Rises.

I wonder what Pertwee's Alfred would have been like at Bruce's funeral in the Dark Knight Rises.

*Alfred approaches Thomas and Martha Wayne's graves*

"Hmmm... and to think this tragedy could've been avoided if your wanker of a son had just heeded my words. Shame. Well... bye, then."

*Alfred walks away, leaving Lucius and Gordon in shock*

Anyway, I wonder if Michelle Gomez's character is someone we might see again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"