Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 13 - "Smile Like You Mean It"

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
ARKNESS PREVAILS ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, JANUARY 23, ON FOX

On the run from Gordon and Bullock, Dwight (guest star David Dastmalchian) tries to revive Jerome (guest star Cameron Monaghan) and, in turn, activates his acolytes around Gotham City. Meanwhile, Selina’s mom’s (guest star Ivana Milicevic) intentions in Gotham are revealed, and the power play between Penguin and Nygma escalates as Barbara’s plans are set in place in the all-new “Mad City: Smile Like You Mean It” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Jan. 23 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-313) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Maggie Geha as the future Poison Ivy, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes, Benedict Samuel as Mad Hatter

Guest Cast: Ivana Milicevic as Maria Kyle, Cameron Monaghan as Jerome Valeska, David Dastmalchian as Dwight Pollard, PJ Marshall as Cole Clemons, James Andrew O’Connor as Tommy Bones, James Mount as Office Dove

Promo.

[YT]anKQibiir5o[/YT]

Cameron Monaghan has gone full Heath Ledger.

Bumping for sneak peak.

[YT]gKqpVKkMl94[/YT]

https://twitter.com/LucasSiegel/status/823678372207329281
Lucas Siegel
‏@LucasSiegel

Just watched tonight’s @Gotham for a couple articles and… HOLY ****. I just... yowza. Watch this one live, folks. Don’t get spoiled. #Gotham
https://twitter.com/LucasSiegel/status/823678612956135428
Lucas Siegel
‏@LucasSiegel

And man oh man, @cameronmonaghan utterly, completely KILLS IT in tonight’s #Gotham. That’s an insane level of talent right there.
Hnnngh...

Fanwank countdown 3 minutes. ;-)

Jerome's laugh reminds me of Heath Ledger.

"Ya miss a lot being dead!"

Man, you cannot deny the pure talent Cameron has. His presence is everything.

jerome's returning is getting gotham attention on twitter.

Sort of. Gotham trended last week as well, though a lot of that had to do with the show returning from break.

I know this is Gotham and logic goes out the window, but I'm left wondering how in the world Jerome, bandaged and revitalized, waltzed right out of the GCPD and managed to get his hands on a police cruiser.

I don't mind what they're doing, but it's too similar to Ledger's take. If you're gonna borrow, borrow from what's considered a great Joker, sure, but my issue is that a lot of Jerome's tics, mannerisms, and his voice all remind me of Ledger instead of Gotham giving Jerome his own identity. Say what you will about Leto, but I can least say his Joker was different from Ledger, both in design and mannerisms, even if that was for the worst at times.

With Jerome, though, if I close my eyes and just listen, I only hear an imitation of Ledger rather than a Joker standing on his own.

Now that was good storytelling!

@^%$ yeah it was. That was the best comic book tv show episode ever imo.
They are doing great stuff with Gotham. The fight scene with Selena and Bruce ,the scene with Jerome and Leslie Tompkins,Selena and her mom and boyfriend all aces.
And the winter finale promo for next week suggests that Bruce is leaving for a while?

Last edited:
Yeah tonight he was copying Heath alot. I miss the hints of Nicholson that Jerome was using in the past.

I honestly thought his season 1 appearance really reminded me of Ledger.
latest

In season 2 I thought he was doing his own thing and now in season 3 he's playing it similar to season 2 but with some tics similar to Ledger. Like if you replace Ledger's lip licking with stretching and clearing his throat.

Honestly, Jerome reminds me more of New 52 Joker than Ledger's variation of the character. I do see a few similar mannerisms, but not enough for me to say he's flat out copying Ledger.

How exactly did Joker lose his face in the New 52?

Monaghan killed it! The make up team also deserves a shout out tonight! Can't wait to see how the arc is wrapped up next week!

The way Jerome said, "Where's my face?" was hilarious!

Last edited:
How exactly did Joker lose his face in the New 52?

He told Dollmaker to cut it off, then left it behind to be found, and for the "Death of the Family" arc came back to reclaim and wear it.

I was hoping Bruce and Selena would end their fight with some sexy time. That would have been perfect.

Just saw it.
Dammit, Gotham. Stop teasing us with that Joker card. It'll make me more the sadder if they kill of Jerome again. :csad:
Also, holy ****. Jerome just caused a wide city blackout. Things are gonna go crazy next week. :joker:

Cameron was great, as expected. I might be the only one who got both Nicholson and Ledger vibes from him still. I don't exactly see that as a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"