Gotham Season 3 Episode 2 - "Burn the Witch"

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Ozbridge, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Ozbridge Registered

--"GOTHAM" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

THE WITCH HUNT IS ON ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, ON FOX

Fish Mooney (guest star Jada Pinkett Smith) takes matters into her own hands to locate Hugo Strange (guest star BD Wong), forcing Gordon to reluctantly team up with journalist Valerie Vale (guest star Jamie Chung) to find her. Penguin rises in popularity after criticizing the work of the GCPD and Bruce's investigation of the Court of Owls is compromised. Meanwhile, Ivy Pepper (Maggie Geha) is reintroduced into Gotham city in the all-new "Mad City: Burn The Witch... " episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Sept. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-302) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Maggie Geha as the future Poison Ivy, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes

Guest Cast: Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, BD Wong as Hugo Strange, Jamie Chung as Valerie Vale, Nicholas Calhoun as Nick, Leslie Hendrix as Kathryn

Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20160908fox01/

Promotional photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Ozbridge, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Ozbridge Registered

These are mildly spoiler-y so I'll put under the cut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2 Ozbridge, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  3. NotNickFury Registered

Now that Ivy is back, I'm wondering whether she or anyone on the show will comment on the change in appearance. But then, this is Gotham, so even saying the chemicals did it would probably suffice.

4. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

Get it, Jim.

5. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

Jamie Chung and Morena Baccarin? I should have such problems.

6. JackRackum Registered

This was a very leggy episode.

7. Gold Samurai Registered

They've discovered my weakness

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Kathemy It could happen to you

9. Loki882 Registered

Honestly while I liked the actress, I found the whole thing to be rather cringey myself. Artificially aging the character up so that you can specifically focus on her sex appeal, it's just awkward and bleh. And this show already has plenty of femme fatale female characters, so it's not like she's filling some niche. And her mental state also makes it uncomfortable.

I'd have preferred that she just get her powers , but stay young and we see her progression over time.

And of course
    Jim and Vale hooked up already. That's just what they do on TV I guess, attractive man and woman cannot just work together and be friends without it getting sexual.

10. Kathemy It could happen to you

I'm fine with Jim banging Valerie but it was way too sudden.

11. SV Fan Registered

I have to say I am liking this season so far. In general I find most shows start of strong the first season then get worse as each season goes on but this show has found a way to keep things interesting

12. JackRackum Registered

Honestly, having Jim and Valerie hook up this early is a wasted opportunity. Their chemistry was so palpable, but now that tension has been released after only two episodes.

This is typical of Gotham however. All fireworks, no investment.

13. JackRackum Registered

I agree about Ivy. These are two completely different characters. I'm no proven writing talent or anything, but wouldn't it have been more interesting to see her personality change over the course of a couple episodes, rather than being told she's changed and having her act OOC?

14. Kathemy It could happen to you

To be fair, they're still great at handling the relationship between Bruce and Selina. Let's hope they stay on the ball with that one.

15. JackRackum Registered

I don't agree, for reasons I've stated over on reddit(u/Graham765). I constantly find myself asking "why are you two friends?" The problem isn't the acting, and its not the writing of Bruce. The problem is squarely in how they're written together, and specifically how Selina is written.

Selina should be the person that channels the audiences feelings towards Bruce and pushes his buttons, pokes fun of him. Basically, everytime she enters the room, things should go from serious to light-hearted. She should be a sassy sort of playful, and Bruce should be sarcastic and deadpan.

I remember when Selina and Bruce first met on Gotham. Those episodes were perfect. Selina was concerned mainly with entertaining herself and watching Bruce squirm everytime she pushed his buttons.

However, that disappeared very quickly. It morphed into Bruce constantly using Selina, and her agreeing for no other reason than . . . she's lonely? She's worried about his safety whenever he chooses to do something stupid? I'm not surprised she's angry at him. Regardless, rarely are their interactions about THEM. Their interactions are always about Wayne enterprise, Indian Hill, and what Bruce needs her to do for him.

The dynamic of their relationship is all wrong these days.

Anyways, if you do reply to this, please reply in a thread where it wouldn't be off-topic. I'll see it.

#15 JackRackum, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  16. Kathemy It could happen to you

Another thing is Natalie Lind had more of a seductress vibe to her than what I've seen from Maggie despite being half her age.

17. JackRackum Registered

True, but Maggie's Ivy wasn't really trying to seduce anybody. We should give her some time, and see what she does.

18. Kane52630 Timmverse User

19. Kane52630 Timmverse User

20. Kane52630 Timmverse User

21. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

lol, when i saw that i was like, if that **** worked in real life....

22. Kathemy It could happen to you

"Sorry, I don't want to talk to you, I just want to use you for your body" :D

23. Greenlite Registered

Well, DC scores for having Gordon banging diversity

Blonde -> Italian -> Asian

and WTF happened to Female Flash, lost her legs?

and what's the ability of the masked Bane woman, fire-resistance? She can't chase down little Ivy, and gets swamped by the mob.

24. Broseph44 Witness Me

Agree on all of this.

25. PretenderNX01 Registered

That was a funny interaction. :woot: