Gotham Season 3 Episode 3 - "Look Into My Eyes"

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Ozbridge, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Ozbridge Registered

FOX has released the description for the Oct. 3rd installment of Gotham titled "Look Into My Eyes."

Hypnotist Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter (Benedict Samuel) arrives in Gotham to search for his sister, Alice (guest star Naian Gonzalez Norvind), and hires Gordon to help find her. Meanwhile, Penguin decides to run for mayor and Bruce's doppelganger begins to channel him, causing some confusion around town.

GUEST CAST:
    Jamie Chung as Valerie Vale
    Naian Gonzalez Norvind as Alice Tetch
    Richard Kind as Aubrey James
    James Carpinello as Mario Calvi
    John Doman as Carmine Falcone

2. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Heh. "Look into my Eyes"

Remember that Bone Thugz "Look Into My Eyes" song from the Batman and Robin soundtrack?

3. Ozbridge Registered

So this episode has the return of Lee and Carmine Falcone, plus the introduction of his son Mario, who is also Lee's love interest (though he goes by the name Mario Calvi, not Mario Falcone). He returns to Gotham with Lee, perhaps?

And a new promo of Bruce 2 (yes his official name is Bruce 2)

[YT]2NyB848cVp0[/YT]

Link to clip without country restriction (credit to TheBatandtheCat)

"http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x...eaturette-bruce-wayne-has-a-doppelganger_tv"]

Gotham continues the tradition of giving away a pretty significant part of their plot through promo material. So Bruce gives Bruce 2 a meal and seems to care about him, but Alfred wants him to get rid of that "thing". (Btw Bruce 2 has a scar on his forehead and one on the back of his neck so I wonder how they will do the 2 Bruces switch because they surely will). Bruce has a boxing lesson with Alfred and invites Bruce 2 to train with him, but apparently Bruce 2 is a much better fighter than Bruce (could he become Batman?). Seline gets in through the opened balcony (again) and Bruce tries to hide Bruce 2 away. Towards the end of the episode Bruce 2 cuts his hair though it's a clearly different hair cut than Bruce. Also in this episode we see more rooms in the Wayne Manor: the room where Bruce and Alfred train and Bruce's bedroom (so probably the Master bedroom).

4. Ozbridge Registered

New promotional pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Open the last pic in a new tab to get a larger version if you want to read the words on the certificate)

So Lee comes back to Gotham and goes to the GCPD (probably to find Gordon), Gordon is held at gun point by a young woman (at first I thought she was Alice Tetch but Naian Gonzalez Norvind isn't listed in the cast for this episode), after Bruce 2 gets a hair cut he leaves Wayne Manor and perhaps follows Selina to the city. And of course Ed Nygma now has a certificate declaring that he's sane signed by a Charles Quimby.

5. Ozbridge Registered

New clip: Bruce 2 fights with Alfred

[YT]ZAE3yptO8JE[/YT]

Bruce 2 can fight Alfred even with no training and he's unable to feel pain, maybe he's the one who will become Batman :hehe:

6. PretenderNX01 Registered

[​IMG]

7. Sawyer High King

The Mad Hatter tonight. I'm pumped.

8. NotNickFury Registered

Where does Penguin keep finding these mobs? Does he just walk around the city with a megaphone while Butch plays music to draw in a crowd?

9. Morg Super Moderator

well Bruce2 can fight

Make Gotham Safe Again

will he show his tax papers? :hehe:

#9 Morg, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  10. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

Okay, that was good.

11. JackRackum Registered

The intimacy between Bruce and Selina, while appreciated, was so out of left field. This further proves my point that the writers have fumbled the execution of their relationship. It's ironic that Valerie simply walked out on Gordon so nonchalantly because it perfectly captures the audience's feelings about that pairing. Brief fireworks, but the tension is gone. Why is Butch hanging out with Penguin again? At least the acting was great. That's definitely this show's strong point.

12. NotNickFury Registered

And going on Selina for a minute, I still don't like some of her dialogue. Some of that is just from Bicondova's performance, but the writers give Selina dialogue that suits someone much older than a 17 year old girl, or however old Selina is meant to be since Bicondova herself is 17. I get that she's street-wise and such, but calling Bruce an SOB because he can't help is something I'd expect someone much older than Selina to say.

13. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

That seems like a bit unrealistic. Son of a ***** is perfectly fine for that age group. If not worse.

14. NotNickFury Registered

I disagree, but whatever. Selina, especially in the first season, gets dialogue that sounds better coming from someone much older. It's not Jennifer Lawrence playing a grown-up in American Hustle noticeable, but it's close. As minimal screen time as Clare Foley's Ivy had, or even Bridgit, their dialogue at least felt like it was written to be delivered by a kid. Selina, not so much.

15. JackRackum Registered

Where did you grow up??? I've been cursing since elementary school. It makes perfect sense for her to speak like that. Also, Camren's acting is amazing. I have taken issue with some of her lines in the past, but her acting is amazing.

16. Orb Lord of Demons

Mad hatter was pretty good! I'm just happy Falcone is back.

17. NotNickFury Registered

Not in Gotham City, that's for sure. Not sure what you're getting at here, but where I or you grew up isn't the point. I'm talking about how kids speak on television and how the dialogue feels right for some, wrong for others.

Like the kids on Stranger Things, a lot of that dialogue feels natural coming from them. Even in instances where they swear, which isn't often, it felt like it came from anger or surprise, like when 11 saved Mike. Whereas Selina, it's like someone much older was meant to talk deliver some of her dialogue, particularly when she occasionally calls Bruce 'kid' (whether due to his class, lack of street-smarts, or otherwise) when she's barely much older than him.

18. eplo agent of nothing

You must not spend any time around teens. Most of them swear worse then most adults. And I've heard them call each other "kid" as an insult a few times at least. So not sure what the problem with the dialog is

19. JackRackum Registered

Yah, I'm not seeing it dude. Selina talks the exact same way I and many of my friends talked when I was growing up.

The actress who plays Selina is 17, and I think Selina herself is supposed to be 15 on Gotham. David is younger than her by about a year and a half.

20. Kane52630 Timmverse User

Solid episode, Mad Hatter was great.

21. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I suspect Selina has heard older people out on the street say SOB in anger and frustration so that's probably where she picked it up from.

22. Kathemy It could happen to you

Bruce is supposed to be 16 this season and Selina is supposed to be "slightly older" (whatever the hell that's supposed to be...)

Anyway this episode while not exactly perfect was a marked improvement on episode two.

23. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

David Mazouz is 15 in real life and Camren Bicondova is 17. So two years difference.
    But it doesn't seem like Selina is supposed to be 18 yet. So did they age up Bruce
    a year and have Selina be the same age as Camren?

24. Kathemy It could happen to you

They said Bruce is 16 for this season with no word on Selina.

25. Guts Smug

Yeah, kids these days do tend to throw around much harsher swear words more freely than what is shown on tv.