Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 7 - Red Queen

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
Monday, Oct. 31

GOTHAM (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) – “Mad City: Red Queen”

After coming in contact with a substance by the hand of Mad Hatter (Benedict Samuel), Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) gets led on a psychedelic trip and must confront his past, present and future. Meanwhile, Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) struggles with Nygma's (Cory Michael Smith) new relationship.

Nygma's new relationship is probably Isabella, a new character introduced in 3x06 and portrayed by Chealsea Spack, who also portrayed Kristen Kringle. "A substance by the hand of Mad Hatter" is probably Alice's blood he got in 3x04.

Guest Cast: Jamie Chung as Valerie Vale, Chelsea Spack as Isabella, James Carpinello as Mario, Leslie Hendrix as Kathryn, Naian Gonzalez Norvind as Alice Tetch, Michael park as Peter Gordon

2epolf8.jpg

So Kathryn is talking to a man in this shot (probably a member of the Court of Owl), I wonder whether he's someone we've seen before. Since there's Kathryn in this episode at first I thought that the serious-faced Bruce looking in Selina in the promo might not be the real Bruce, but then I remember that David said the doppelganger would return later in the season, I'm not sure episode 7 is considered later in the season though.

And they aren't even being subtle about Barbara's Joker-laugh.

I'm mostly excited for this episode because of the possible Easter eggs we might get baked in with Jim's visions. Who's the third man at the dinner table? Why is Barbara his compere? Could we even possibly get an allusion to Batman? Apart from that we have very little backstory on Jim and for a lead character that's a minus.

Plus Bruce and Selina in that dramatically un-lit scene; "S¤¤t Is Going Down." Sort of. I think. Plus Selina's look is really odd for her "work clothes" with that choker and undone T-shirt. I've never seen her wear anything like that.

I think we all know Eddie and Isabella is going to end badly, though I don't think she'll be offed.

[YT]17xytbTNg0o[/YT]

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

9.jpg

Credit to FarFarAwaySite

Next week apparently Valerie survives the gun wound, Gordon is worried about her but the incident in 3x06 confronts that he's still in love with Lee (at least he loves Lee more) -> drama.

Osward/ Ed/ Isabella -> drama

In the morning Bruce gets to the kitchen and cooks something for Selina, then in the evening he has that dramatic emo face again. There must be drama.

Well there're still Gordon/ Bullock/ Barnes and Mad Hatter to provide some crime stuff.

Last edited:
Maybe you've got the sequence wrong. Maybe she's spending the night.

Maybe you've got the sequence wrong. Maybe she's spending the night.

Nah they can have breakfast and be happy for 2 seconds and will break up (again) after that (because Batcat aren't allowed to have nice things). But I still hope their relationship survives 1 more episode though.

I think it's more likely that she seeks him out in the evening and then he makes her breakfast the morning after, honestly.

my prediction :

mad hatter makes oswald choose between ed and not-kringle

oswald chooses to have him kill not-kringle

oswald and ed have a fallout

No, that won't happen. Positively.

Promo clip about Gordon's hallucination:

[YT]HGnxeTHakjI[/YT]

Some spoiler pics:

2wdojyd.png

20h8v8z.jpg

smq1z4.png

j5jqxg.png

2cnfwb7.png

fw6qh.png

302xvte.png

Gordon must confront his past, present and future. So is this his future?
Married Lee and have 2 kids? And Bruce will run around in a mask? GCPD gets attacked and all cops are dead?

I don't think that's Bruce, I think that's Thomas. The first promo saw him shooting at Gordon alternately what appears to be a police officer.

I don't think that's Bruce, I think that's Thomas. The first promo saw him shooting at Gordon alternately what appears to be a police officer.

I kind of think that the scene with David in a mask is in Gordon's hallucination, so it doesn't really matter whether he's Bruce or the doppelganger. But if the hallucination shows Gordon his future and there's someone like Bruce wearing a mask in it then it might imply Bruce will run around wearing a mask (i.e. become Batman) in the future.

It seems that this episode will juggle several storylines: Gordon/Tetch and Gordon's hallucination, Gordon/Bullock/Barnes and Barnes' early transformation, Bruce/Selina and Alfred, Penguin/Nygma/Isabella, Penguin/Tetch, and Kathryn from the Court of Owls talking to a man (it's probably a small scene but still).

I kind of think that the scene with David in a mask is in Gordon's hallucination, so it doesn't really matter whether he's Bruce or the doppelganger. But if the hallucination shows Gordon his future and there's someone like Bruce wearing a mask in it then it might imply Bruce will run around wearing a mask (i.e. become Batman) in the future.
Given that the hallucination shows Gordon his future and it shows someone wearing what looks suspiciously close to a Talon mask wouldn't it be easier to assume it's Thomas shooting up the police station?

Oswald tells Isabella about Ed's history so she would leave him but he didn't know she would be turned on by the whole murder thing.

Last edited:
Sort of expected Isabella to be more enthralled with Nygma after Oswald tried to tear them apart.

Really liked Jim's trip down the rabbit hole, if just because I like when Gotham embraces its darker, wackier side. And the Mad Hatter is a perfect foil for Jim as he went on his trip of self-discovery that ultimately brought him back to the GCPD. I would guess that Vale, while breaking off their relationship, will still be present since she's still a journalist.

While I could have done without them, I'm glad that the Bruce and Selina moments were kept to a minimum.

Penguin acting like a jealous crush/girlfriend <<<<<<<<<<

:o

That aside, was pleasantly surprised to find that Isabella wasn't just a figment of Nygma's imagination as I was 98% sure she would be.

Was of course awesome to see Jervis in action again and I think this episode is probably some of the best usage of Barbara's character thus far. Also makes me thinks they're still gonna eventually have Jim & Barbara be a thing as opposed to he and Leslie.

I didn't think we would ever see any of Gordon's family. Thought it was funny how that ring played out in the end since I thought that was the first thing they would reveal.

Penguin...

giphy.gif

Jim's hallucination of his father was one of those touching scenes that this show can do well.

Bruce revealing his long con to Selina and who was the true inspiration for it last season was another of those moments.

Penguin's love for his mother is another example.

I thought this was Benjamin Mckenzie's best episode.

Penguin acting like a jealous crush/girlfriend <<<<<<<<<<

:o

That aside, was pleasantly surprised to find that Isabella wasn't just a figment of Nygma's imagination as I was 98% sure she would be.

Was of course awesome to see Jervis in action again and I think this episode is probably some of the best usage of Barbara's character thus far. Also makes me thinks they're still gonna eventually have Jim & Barbara be a thing as opposed to he and Leslie.

Isabella has to have some sort of con going on with Nygma. No one can be that blase about a murderer committed to a lunatic asylum. I'm guessing she is a plant by Butch to spy on Nygma and Penguin.

Barbara and Jim are so broken they are meant to be together. Lee is too perfect for Jim.

Isabella has to have some sort of con going on with Nygma. No one can be that blase about a murderer committed to a lunatic asylum. I'm guessing she is a plant by Butch to spy on Nygma and Penguin.

Barbara and Jim are so broken they are meant to be together. Lee is too perfect for Jim.

Harley Quinn

1;Glad gordon is cop again

2:I am shocked they are going there with making penguin gay

3:Maybe it's because I am fan of morena baccarin but don't want jim and barbara together.barbara's only purpose is it seems to act crazy and smooth tabitha

4:Jim and lee will reunite.show is clearly doing the old guy is still in love with woman but doesn't want her to know.and they will drag this out as long as possable.

i am surprised despite all the talk what was purpose of aging up poison ivy.they aren't doing anything with her.

Harley Quinn

Except in Harley's case she started out as a psychiatrist, a sane woman, whose only interest in Joker was a professional one. It was only over a course of time that Harley began to fall in love with the Joker and went insane.
So it's not like Harley was ready to jump in the sack with the Joker after their first date, given his history.

If Barbara becomes sane again, I can see it... It would actually give merit to the tragedy of Jim's son. I'm not saying psycho is inherited, but it would definitely put additional weight behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"