Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 9 - "The Executioner"

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
--"GOTHAM" - (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT)

GUILTY! ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14, ON FOX

Gordon and Bullock become suspicious of Barnes, and comb through evidence of the murder at Lee and Mario's engagement party. Nygma goes to Penguin when he hasn't heard from Isabella (guest star Chelsea Spack). Meanwhile, Ivy reveals her identity to Selina and Bruce, but quickly leads them to trouble in the all-new "Mad City: The Executioner" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Nov. 14 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Maggie Geha as the future Poison Ivy, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes, Benedict Samuel as Mad Hatter

Guest Cast: James Carpinello as Mario Calvi, Chelsea Spack as Isabella, Jeremy Crutchley as Anton, Costa Ronin as Luka Volk

New stills

Credit to Far Far Way

b009f676c1.jpg

b00a191080.jpg

b00a2dc1c8.jpg

b00a3a9e3b.jpg

b00a5e9b6a.jpg

b00a71151d.jpg

b00a80539e.jpg

b00a8c827a.jpg

b00aa07ed0.jpg

b00aad85a7.jpg

Last edited:
Crossbow bolt or arrow?

You know, I have to remind myself that this series started with the Wayne murders, and not having the focus on them for a long time was refreshing. Now that Mad Hatter is in Arkham and Barnes is also locked away, looks like with Ivy back in the future, the story may be shifting back to Bruce.

I'm glad that the show didn't kill off Barnes, though. That would have been too easy and at least Jim didn't automatically become Captain of the GCPD. Yet.

The ending of this episode reminded me a lot of Judgement Day from TNBAS.

Would be cool if Barnes donned the Judge persona later on.

Listen, Barnes is "the Executioner". He's not the Judge. The Executioner was a fringe villain in Batman comics who used to break people out of prison and kill them. This version is heavily retooled but that's the character.

I hate to say it but Maggie Geha simply can't act and her scripts are awkward. Putting her side by side with David, who's a wonder of nuance, she falls stunningly flat. Despite being a foot taller.

All the plots in this one were telegraphed except for the Batcat stuff, which just felt contrived.

I'm not saying he'll definitely become the Judge later on, just that it would be an interesting direction for the character. Chill.

I liked what we saw with Barnes & I'd have to agree with anyone in saying that Geha was a bad choice for Pamela because she literally brings nothing to the role other than a pretty face.

Still don't care for the Riddler/Penguin subplot either. All so unnecessary.

I gotta say, Nygma suspecting Butch is pretty out of character for him and just seems like the show distracting him from seeing that it was Oswald. First off, Nygma is smarter than that. And second, as far as I can tell, Butch is still holed up with Barbara and Tabitha. He never met Isabella from what I remember. And even if he did, under what circumstances would he have learned that this random librarian was into Edward Nygma?

I liked what we saw with Barnes & I'd have to agree with anyone in saying that Geha was a bad choice for Pamela because she literally brings nothing to the role other than a pretty face.

Still don't care for the Riddler/Penguin subplot either. All so unnecessary.
I can't imagine why this is. :o

I gotta say, Nygma suspecting Butch is pretty out of character for him and just seems like the show distracting him from seeing that it was Oswald. First off, Nygma is smarter than that. And second, as far as I can tell, Butch is still holed up with Barbara and Tabitha. He never met Isabella from what I remember. And even if he did, under what circumstances would he have learned that this random librarian was into Edward Nygma?

I theorize that he actually knows and is planning something for Oswald. The promo for the next episode might sorta hint at this.

Let's just hope the writers don't screw this up like they have with other things in the past.

I think Nygma knows it's Oswald and is planning around him because...well, Oswald is pretty damn stupid most of the time. Hence why he left evidence behind in the first place.

If Nygma really thinks it's Butch, this show is doomed.

When Barnes shot Sugar, you could see the wire that pulled the stuntman back.

I laughed at the final "Guilty!"

Is the Penguin ever at the Mayor's office doing Mayor stuff??!

You know, I have to remind myself that this series started with the Wayne murders, and not having the focus on them for a long time was refreshing. Now that Mad Hatter is in Arkham and Barnes is also locked away, looks like with Ivy back in the future, the story may be shifting back to Bruce.

I'm glad that the show didn't kill off Barnes, though. That would have been too easy and at least Jim didn't automatically become Captain of the GCPD. Yet.

Agred on both of those. I hope Barnes comes back in future for an extended stint and it will be better to see Jim get to captain later down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"