Gotham Gotham Season 4 Episode 1 - "Pax Penguina"

Ahhh, Bruce did his first offscreen teleportation.

That Gordon and Bruce scene was :woot::up:

A prelude of things to come.

Loved the scene between Bruce and Gordon!!

Jessica Lucas in that outfit....got dayum.

stop taking off your mask Bruce!

The first of Bruce's many "He does that" moments. All things considered, that was a pretty solid premiere and a good way to tie all of the events tie together rather than them all connecting for the sake of conveniently bringing all the characters under the same roof for no reason. And I'll always appreciate more of Zsasz. They're definitely going for a bit of Arkman and a bit of Nolan Scarecrow with this take on Crane. Looks good so far.

That was fun. The hallucinations were great.

Hell of a premiere. Let's see if they can keep this up. This was by far the best and most focused season starter of the show.

And I had a real good chuckle at that "oh,no..." moment :D

I think I saw the name Buscemi in the credits and the leader of the criminal gang resembled Steve quite a bit. Does Steve Buscemi have his own Donnie Wahlberg that I just never knew about?

Great season opener, let's hope it is a sign.

No soulless Jim romance, he's much better used when it is absent.

And finally there's some meaningful dialogue between Bruce and Oswald.

Odds on the accountant "Mr Pen" becoming "The Bookworm"?

I liked the scene between Bruce and Penguin. It was great seeing them having meaningful dialogue. Definitely loved Bruce vanishing act on Gordon. He is going to have to get used to that.

Jessica Lucas in that outfit....got dayum.

tumblr_ownv96G9Bf1r0a0smo3_500.gif

It was such a good premiere! I loved all the interactions we got. Bruce is finally fighting bad guys :mnm:.

Tabitha is way more interesting paired with Selina. About Selina, she got her new skills thanks to her training? It had nothing to do with her fall like in Batman Returns, right?

Camren is so pretty here. In the first gif she has that sort of very Greek statuesque smile, and in the second one she's just ethereal.

That rooftop scene is perfect acting, I just want to nitpick a bit that that ledge is very wide (around a foot), yet Selina had to teeter to walk on it. Granted she wore high heels, but those were block heels. If that ledge was only wide enough for her to put one foot on and/ or she was wearing stilettos then I'd understand. A normal person without fear of height can walk carefully on heels on that ledge, not teeter.

This wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. That one actor looked a bit like Steve Buscemi. I thought the Scarecrow costume at the end actually looked kind of scary.

That's a pretty decent way for the show to essentially give us Batman without giving us Batman. Since Bruce is still very early in his quest and hasn't even been frightened by a bat yet, stuff like a black suit, fast fights, disappearing acts...it's as close as the show can probably give us without putting Mazouz in the cowl and cape, which is fine.

Camren is so pretty here. In the first gif she has that sort of very Greek statuesque smile, and in the second one she's just ethereal.

That rooftop scene is perfect acting, I just want to nitpick a bit that that ledge is very wide (around a foot), yet Selina had to teeter to walk on it. Granted she wore high heels, but those were block heels. If that ledge was only wide enough for her to put one foot on and/ or she was wearing stilettos then I'd understand. A normal person without fear of height can walk carefully on heels on that ledge, not teeter.

You ever think she was pretending to be unstable in front of Bruce? She appeared to me to be fishing a bit. Wanting him to say how much he cared for her. And then Alfred has to come up and interrupt the moment.

That's a pretty decent way for the show to essentially give us Batman without giving us Batman. Since Bruce is still very early in his quest and hasn't even been frightened by a bat yet, stuff like a black suit, fast fights, disappearing acts...it's as close as the show can probably give us without putting Mazouz in the cowl and cape, which is fine.

Hopefully each week or two he is given a new toy or gadget to use. next week a bulletproof suit with boots ,gloves,a neck brace,reinforced hood etc. Week after that maybe a Batarang or grappling gun. etc.

Really liked this episode, this season is shaping up nice.

- Penguin is as awesome as ever, loved the cameo with Nygma.

- I 'm looking forward to Ivy getting out of Penguin's shadow and getting her own journey towards her destiny.

- Bruce is really becoming a great character, and looks like he'll eclipse Gordon soon as the true protagonist.

- Gordon was solid, always love a Gordon and Penguin "Old Friend" scene.

- Bruce and Selina rooftop scene was amazing, the two really have developed chemistry.

- Ra's early cameo shows his dedication to Bruce, looking forward to Talia eventually being introduced, wouldn't be mad at a Bruce/Talia/Selina love triangle. Wonder who Alfred would ship?

- Tabihta...damn, just damn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"