Gotham Gotham Season 4 Episode 12- "Pieces Of A Broken Mirror"

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score
[YT]_GuyKCLrJqk[/YT]

Get ready for a bloody spring, boys and girls. :joker:

Last edited:
Preview looks great.

Though I feel somewhat uncomfortable in seeing Peyton (New Ivy) kiss David on the lips. The dude isn't even 18 yet.

I'm very curious if we'll get an explanation for Ivy's change in appearance yet again.

Doubt we will, though.

I'm very curious if we'll get an explanation for Ivy's change in appearance yet again.

Doubt we will, though.

They will most likely say that it was the result of the various mixtures of chemicals that she took at the start of the season.

Preview looks great.

Though I feel somewhat uncomfortable in seeing Peyton (New Ivy) kiss David on the lips. The dude isn't even 18 yet.

Why so? You don't need to be 18 to kiss someone over 18. David kissed Samia Finnerty before, and she's 21. Growing up is a gradual process, one doesn't just become fully mature the moment they turn 18, in fact I find treating a 17-year-old like a child and and then sexualizing them in all sorts of ways the moment they turns 18 predatory and creepy.

And if you're uncomfortable with the age gap then even if David was 18 you would still be uncomfortable seeing him kissing 31-year-old Peyton List.

Edit: Actually I'm more okay with Bruce/ Ivy when Peyton replaces Maggie Geha. Maggie oozes sexiness and even when she acted like a kid in season 3 I still felt the relationship between Bruce and the Ivy played by her would be more physical. In the few seconds of Bruce/ Peyton's Ivy I don't feel so.

Last edited:
Edit: Actually I'm more okay with Bruce/ Ivy when Peyton replaces Maggie Geha. Maggie oozes sexiness and even when she acted like a kid in season 3 I still felt the relationship between Bruce and the Ivy played by her would be more physical. In the few seconds of Bruce/ Peyton's Ivy I don't feel so.
Hum. You must've felt horrible about Bruce and Silver? Natalie's probably the girl on the show that've most "oozed sexiness" despite her young age...

I'm not some moralistic guy, I don't mind age gaps (and I've in fact dated older women when I was younger), but I don't think this hookup looks very legit ;)

I still maintain Clare would've been far better suitable for this.

Natalie's probably the girl on the show that've most "oozed sexiness" despite her young age...

No I don’t find it so, and you’re right that Natalie is young and close to David’s age so I think Bruce/ Silver looks balance and appropriate. Maggie Geha OTOH looks and acts seductively, even in later half of Season 3 when she’s instructed to act like a kid.

I agree that if they want Bruce/ Ivy then they should have keep Claire, but I feel that Peyton is less bad than Maggie. And it isn’t like I’m perfectly fine with Peyton though, I’m like “Er, whatever” and I’ll defend the show when people hate on it for this reason but I still side-eye the writers’ decision. If they don’t want me to side-eye then David must be either 20s or look quite older. If David suddenly turns 18 I won’t automatically find it perfectly okay and stop my side-eyeing.

How do we even know they're 'hooking' up? Sure, she kisses him, but that might not mean anything. You guys are making way too many assumptions with little information to base off of.

Also surprised more people ain't talking about the potential in seeing Jerome and Oswald interact.

No I don’t find it so, and you’re right that Natalie is young and close to David’s age so I think Bruce/ Silver looks balance and appropriate. Maggie Geha OTOH looks and acts seductively, even in later half of Season 3 when she’s instructed to act like a kid.
I think Natalie acts even more seductively. That's sorta her forte. Yeah it's weird her being all young and that but...

I agree that if they want Bruce/ Ivy then they should have keep Claire, but I feel that Peyton is less bad than Maggie. And it isn’t like I’m perfectly fine with Peyton though, I’m like “Er, whatever” and I’ll defend the show when people hate on it for this reason but I still side-eye the writers’ decision. If they don’t want me to side-eye then David must be either 20s or look quite older. If David suddenly turns 18 I won’t automatically find it perfectly okay and stop my side-eyeing.
I actually don't prefer Peyton to Maggie in this situation. Hell Bruce is already waking up in bed with supermodels in their twenties. Maggie passes for a mid-20s girl.

Frankly David kissing Peyton looks like someone kissing their aunt, and not in the GoT way.

And as I'm sure you know, the Ivy recastings were the breaking point for me where I realized "no. I simply cannot defend this whatsoever."

I think Natalie acts even more seductively. That's sorta her forte. Yeah it's weird her being all young and that but...

Well, to each their own.

I actually don't prefer Peyton to Maggie in this situation. Hell Bruce is already waking up in bed with supermodels in their twenties. Maggie passes for a mid-20s girl.

Frankly David kissing Peyton looks like someone kissing their aunt, and not in the GoT way.

Ah, now that you mention it, maybe the reason I find David with Peyton more tolerable is because in the few seconds of their scene together it's so devoid of any intimacy/ sexual chemistry (because they do look like aunt and nephew). I'm not a fan of couples with one literally twice the age of other, so the more awkward/ odd it looks the better. If they try to pass it off as "true love" (like in Riverdale) I will :barf:

And as I'm sure you know, the Ivy recasting were the breaking point for me where I realized "no. I simply cannot defend this whatsoever."

I don't like the recasting, but what I meant is that I would defend the show when people hate on it for "sexualizing Bruce/ Ivy". After 4x11 I'm 99.9% sure that Bruce won't have sex with anyone before season 6 (if the show gets that far), but just after the promo for 4x12 people already call Bruce/ Ivy "disgusting", "pedophile" even though they don't know what will happen yet.

How do we even know they're 'hooking' up? Sure, she kisses him, but that might not mean anything. You guys are making way too many assumptions with little information to base off of.

Uhm, no one is making assumptions here. We know that they kiss (that's what we see with our own eyes) and I'm certain that there won't be any "hooking up". Everything commented on purely is based on the kiss.

Also surprised more people ain't talking about the potential in seeing Jerome and Oswald interact.

Well apart from you there're only 4 members commenting on this thread. Kathemy never seems to be big fan of Jerome, and neither am I.

I don't like the recasting, but what I meant is that I would defend the show when people hate on it for "sexualizing Bruce/ Ivy". After 4x11 I'm 99.9% sure that Bruce won't have sex with anyone before season 6 (if the show gets that far), but just after the promo for 4x12 people already call Bruce/ Ivy "disgusting", "pedophile" even though they don't know what will happen yet.
I thought it was heavily implied he'd already done the dirty this ep. :D

As for the #pedo comments people really just need to stop. You're not a pedophile for wanting to bone teenagers. What can be said is "well, this looks really awkward" and maybe for the show to give us an explanation. Again I'm the last person to pass judgment on these things because of age gaps. My first "real" girlfriend was ~30 and I was 18, and that was a good experience.

Feels a bit like we're squabbling with minutiae here - agree, I started it - since I would bet heavily on Ivy simply kissing him to drug him.

I still wish and hope they bring back Clare and write it off as the aging effect wearing off.

Last edited:
I still wish and hope they bring back Clare and write it off as the aging effect wearing off.
Please.

If they returned Clare given the horrid state of Batcat on the show, I would be a shipper. No, legit.

tumblr_p0mes6IDJm1vigx39o3_1280.gif

tumblr_p0mes6IDJm1vigx39o2_1280.gif

From re-watching this trailer- it's insane how much more energy this show gets when Jerome is on the scene- one thing I'm very curious about is what gets Bullock back on the scene or at least involved. Because we saw him turn in his badge and gun, but in the trailer, we see that brief shot of him with his gun as he's moving around Gordon.

Some really iconic bat imagery in the preview. Does Ivy trigger some sort of psychotic episode where he sees the bat for the first time?

[YT]V9ZOJps-KSU[/YT]

Bumping this thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. :joker:

And plot synopsis:

"Get a first look at what's to come on GOTHAM's spring return as Jim Gordon navigates his new role of captain, fighting against the most depraved and unhinged villains, including a reborn Ivy (guest star Peyton List), who is targetting anyone involved in the latest Wayne Enterprises project. Bruce continues on his spiral without the guidance of Alfred, who is out on his own in Gotham after being fired.

Penguin becomes Jerome's (guest star Cameron Monaghan) latest obsession after they meet in Arkham Asylum. Meanwhile, Lee Thompkins begins to try to rebuild the narrows, working with Ed Nygma, and The Sirens try to amplify their business. Don't miss the all-new "A Dark Knight: Sneak Peak" episode of Gotham airing Saturday, Feb. 3rd (11:55 PM-Midnight ET/PT) on FOX.
"

TICK-TOCK, WATCH OUT DOC ON THE ALL-NEW SPRING PREMIERE OF "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, MARCH 1, ON FOX

Gordon is called to the scene after The Toy Maker is hired to assassinate one of Gotham's doctors. Lee Thompkins begins to try to rebuild the Narrows, with Nygma as her partner. Meanwhile, Alfred's new life in the Narrows becomes complicated and Ivy (guest star Peyton List) reveals her new persona to Selina in the all-new "A Dark Knight: Pieces of a Broken Mirror" spring premiere episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, March 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the Riddler, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean/Solomon Grundy, Alexander Siddig as Ra's Ah Ghul, Crystal Reed as Sofia Falcone

Guest Cast: Peyton List as Ivy Pepper, Chris Perfetti as Cosmo Krank, Brian J. Carter as Coroner, Caissie Levy as Tiffany Gale, Lacretta as Madame

Cosmo Krank? Huh, I didn't expect to see a villain from The Batman in this show.

Doubt we will, though.

I thought they said something like she was a flower and going through different phases of the metamorphic blooming process?

Side-effects from her taking those potions in episode 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"