Gotham Gotham Season 4 Episode 8- "Stop Hitting Yourself"

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Pennywise, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Pennywise Registered

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9

--"GOTHAM" - (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) -- CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

CODE OF THE NARROWS ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9, ON FOX

Grundy and Nygma become main attractions at Cherry's Place in The Narrows. Penguin wants revenge when he hears Nygma is mocking him on stage and enlists The Sirens for help. Meanwhile, Gordon is offered the position of GCPD Captain, putting him at odds with Bullock in the all-new "A Dark Knight: Stop Hitting Yourself" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-408) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the Riddler, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean/Solomon Grundy, Alexander Siddig as Ra's Ah Ghul, Crystal Reed as Sofia Falcone

Guest Cast: Michael Maize as Grady, Maria Benedict as Cherry, Camila Perez as Firefly, Christopher Convery as Martin, Larry Pine as Mayor
    Read more: Listings - GOTHAM on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171018fox08/#ixzz4vxwQYA2v

2. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Gordon possibly becoming captain? I'm surprised it's only happening now, to be honest.

Should be interesting to see if this creates a friction between his and Bullock's relationship.

3. Pennywise Registered

Seems very likely based on this quote from Ben MacKenzie

“With us… the two of us, this conflict that starts off at the beginning of the season only gets deeper and deeper and deeper until the point where something has to break and at the end of the day their relationship breaks,” MacKenzie told the press at New York Comic Con. “At least for a while. And it’s all tied up in what is law enforcement’s role in Gotham, if any. What does it mean, but how Jim gets there and how he gets to where he’s going to get to takes a price and Harvey knows that price. So, I’m not a boy scout any more, and we both kind of have to look at each other with cold sober eyes and reevaluate each other.”

“Bullock really wears the weight of Gotham on his shoulders,” he said of the world-weary character. “I think you really see that this season as Jim is kind of butting heads with him a lot, and Bullock is the guy doing what he has to do to keep things sort of settled in Gotham. He’s giving over to Penguin, he’s letting the department sort of look the other way on these crimes. Jim can’t stand for that, but there’s a weight and a price to be paid for sort of bucking up against the system.”

http://www.cbr.com/gotham-season-4-gordon-bullock-fight/

4. marvelrobbins Registered

based on what i saw
    gordon will accept it and become captain so finally taking a step to his destiny :cwink:

5. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

[YT]DGH4Y-jikzI[/YT]

6. Pennywise Registered

So, there's still a piece of Butch in Grundy! Plus, he tore off that guy's arm!! :eek:

7. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Ed's Oswald impression is genius. :funny:

8. Pennywise Registered

It sure is! :funny::funny:

Barbara's line about an apology for being electrocuted made me laugh as well!

9. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Oswald's getting himself a 'pupil', it seems.

10. laytonc32 Registered

I wonder if that kid is being set up as a future villain? Maybe the Ventriloquist?

11. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

His name is Antoine or something? I couldn't get it.

12. laytonc32 Registered

Might not be any significance.

13. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Grundy's KO and Firefly's about to make herself a barbecue. Oh goodie.

14. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Oh, ****.

15. Pennywise Registered

Damn, Bullock's pissed!

16. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

S***, it continues to crumble. Great scene and terrific acting by McKenzie and Logue.

17. NotNickFury Registered

While I'm a bit upset that Bullock may be sliding back into full bad cop mode, these scenes between Donal Logue and Ben McKenzie are, for my money, some of, if not THE best acted scenes of any characters in Gotham. Helps that their chemistry has grown so well along four seasons.

Also, is Zsasz still out of town. Seems like he'd be more efficient at the Narrows than Oswald sending Firefly.

18. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Kid's name is Martin. Two Martins in the Bat-mythos are the future warden of Blackgate and a serial killer named Mad Dog.

19. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I'm really liking the bad-ass Barbara that just blows people away without a second thought. Like she was wiping mustard from her lip. I wonder if Grundy remembers her parting gift to him?
    Nice quip to Tabby about Tabby owing her an apology for electrocuting her.

Penguin mentoring a young boy into manhood. What a adorably sweet scene. I am pretty sure the child reminded him being bullied in his own childhood. I wonder who the kid ends up being?
    I don't recall any mute Batman villains that wrote everything down.

Ed mocking Penguin was great stuff. Dare I say he acted more like the Penguin we know than Penguin?

Fun that Selina was the only one who realized they were there to do a job and not just to rehash past emotions. I like her new costume, sort of a more practical version of Selina's costume in Batman Returns, minus the cowl.

Jim one step closer to becoming Commissioner Gordon. I hope Jim and Harvey don't stay mad at each other too long. Their friendship and Harvey's snarky quips are one of the highlights of the show.

20. Astro13Zombie Registered

Just caught this episode.
    Really enjoying Gotham this season.

Anybody notice how the spikes on the guys mask at the beginning were bending like rubber when he was on the ground?
    I'm pretty sure they were supposed to be metal in the show.
    Why'd they leave that shot in there? :funny:

Heard the misfits playing in the background in the club.
    That gave me a big smile.:D

21. Kathemy It could happen to you

22. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I really thought Firefly was gonna blow up when her tank got shot.

23. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Even in big budget movies there are screw-ups that get past the editors. Like in "Batman Returns" where Penguin bumps into a tombstone and it moves.

24. Morbo Registered

Me neither. The Penguin mentoring a kid is such a great idea; every single one of those scenes had me so interested. The "but I'm your friend" line was so poignant for 2 characters who had only known each for like an hour. Maybe the kid does not necessarily grow up to become a villain? I tried to look up some theories as to who the kid might become, but found nothing - either way I am so interested to find out.

Just as long as Harvey remains in the show long enough to join the Checkmate organization and people start referring to him as "Doughnut Dunker" or at the very least he just becomes a sergeant. In the comics, Jim and Harvey have a rocky relationship when they first meet each other so that is consistent, and they do end up making up to become close friends and trusted allies. They probably will not be at odds that long, but I want to see Bullock lead another team against Gordon at first, I just really think this is a great time to set up the Checkmate organization.

25. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Funny to see Penguin get a student lol.

And will be interesting to see how things go between Harvey and Gordon after this.