Gotham Gotham Season 5 Episode 9 - “The Trial of Jim Gordon”

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score

The last episode to be filmed. They did final table read yesterday.

Isn't this the new episode 8 or 9? I'm pretty sure the order of filming has been switched around since they were given two extra episodes.

Erin just posted that image yesterday so surely it would have been corrected if that was the case?

It was stated a while ago that the remaining episodes would be filmed out of order due to the extra two episodes they got. The finale's already been filmed, and this episode will chronologically be the new episode 8 or 9 while the original 8 and 9 are now 10 and 11.

It's a bit hard to comprehend at first, but I can say for certain this is not the finale, which is why I think Ozbridge made a goof there by titling it episode "12". I'd suggest to PM a mod to fix it, but this sub-forum kinda hasn't been moderated by anybody in ages.

Last edited:
Oh this title is just a placeholder, if rumors are true (and there’re lots of different rumors right now) that the 2 extra episodes are added after episode 9 then they are likely episodes 10 and 11, so the episode last to be filmed is probably episode 11. I can edit thread title now, so I’ll just use production code for title at the moment and will change it once it’s confirmed what episode this is.

Who was the black assassin character who started hanging around with Zsasz? I loved them 2 together.

It did strike me as odd that they would leave writing/directing the SERIES finale to two novices (Ben wrote a previous episode, but still), so hearing that they're going out of order certainly clears that up.

It's not the series finale. It's the final episode of the show to be filmed, but it's not in chronological order.

THURSDAY, MARCH 7

GORDON RECKONS WITH HIS PAST AS IVY CASTS A SPELL ON BRUCE ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, MARCH 7, ON FOX

Written by Series Star Ben McKenzie; Directed by Series Star Erin Richards

After Gordon is shot in an attempt to establish a cease-fire, he hallucinates a trial for his life that could have deadly real consequences. Meanwhile, Ivy (guest star Peyton List) returns and puts her spell on Bruce, leaving Selina to defend herself. Lee has a life-changing moment as Barbara and Penguin consider their next moves in the all-new "The Trial of Jim Gordon" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, March 7 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-512) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/The Riddler, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox

Guest Cast: Peyton List as Ivy Pepper, Kelcy Griffin as Detective Harper, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, JW Cortes as Detective Alvarez, Hunter Jones as Will Thomas, Julian Gamble as Judge

Listings - GOTHAM on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com

This is the new episode 9. @ironman29758 , really sorry to bother you about this dude, but can you change the title thread?

TT2g9wb.jpg

iKBfDUa.jpg

SSNxNSy.jpg

LdbG6KU.jpg

qINMDxL.jpg

R1w5t5s.jpg

p0bCyBn.jpg

MyKEHam.jpg

xcscyHk.jpg

I hope they do something interesting with this as to not make it a simple re-tread of Red Queen.

I read in another thread that there will be a break after this episode. How long and why?

I read in another thread that there will be a break after this episode. How long and why?

To answer your last question, because its FOX.

But as for your first, I read the next episode, I Am Bane, is set for 3/21. So just a week. However, we have two episodes left, and that includes the finale. So either a longer break is after Bane, or we'll get episode 11 in the middle of the 5 week wait before the finale.

Liked the episode and always enjoy seeing more of Zsasz. Plus, loved Harvey taking charge while Jim was out of commission. Jim's trial and everything he's gone through with the people who have died under his watch admittedly did feel like familiar territory because we've been down that road before, like when he got infected by Crane's fear toxin and found Leslie dead in a tub.

That said...was the month time jump necessary? Like what happened between then and the wedding? I assume that Ivy and Victor were incarcerated in the meantime?

Bruce is finally talking about leaving Gotham, which we know that that will lead to.

Barbara plans on leaving again too

Good episode. You can tell that wedding scene was the last thing the cast filmed together. It's kind of bittersweet.

And now to wait two weeks for Bane's arrival. Joy.

This felt kinda filler for me except for the ending.

This and episode 8 feel filler because they were two extra episodes Fox allowed the Gotham crew to make after they wrapped up the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"