Gotham Gotham Season 5 Episode 4 - “Ruin”

ironman29758

Sidekick
Reaction score
Is thisin any way connected to the last episode? Now I got my answer:
5×04 – “Ruin” synopsis

The synopsis for episode 4 of “Gotham” season 5 has been released:

HAVEN COMES UNDER ATTACK ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, ON Fox

Gordon and Penguin are forced to work together and alliances are shaken when Lucius, Nygma and Barbara all have different ideas of the culprit behind recent events at Haven. Meanwhile, Selina continues her quest for revenge against Jeremiah (guest star Cameron Monaghan) in the all-new “Ruin” episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Jan. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on Fox. (GTH-504) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/The Riddler, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah Valeska, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, Francesca Root-Dodson as Ecco, JW Cortes as Detective Alvarez, Alex Morf as Sykes, Jamie Murray as Walker

Last edited:
So we got an answer: Jeremiah and Ecco are coming back for this episode. But is it for the whole episode or just the end of the episode like how Jerome/Jeremiah first episodes like they handled it with his season 4 first Jerome episode.

Last edited:
I think this is the episode where the dance, "Let's dig a little deeper, shall we?" and blade licking, Jeremiah choking Ecco, and Selina disguised as Ecco scenes take place.

Listings - GOTHAM on Fox | TheFutonCritic.com

THURSDAY, JANUARY 24

--"GOTHAM" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) --

HAVEN COMES UNDER ATTACK ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, ON Fox

Gordon and Penguin are forced to work together and alliances are shaken when Lucius, Nygma and Barbara all have different ideas of the culprit behind recent events at Haven. Meanwhile, Selina continues her quest for revenge against Jeremiah (guest star Cameron Monaghan) in the all-new "Ruin" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Jan. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on Fox. (GTH-504) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/The Riddler, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah Valeska, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, Francesca Root-Dodson as Ecco, JW Cortes as Detective Alvarez, Alex Morf as Sykes, Jamie Murray as Walker

Clown boy returns next week. Can't wait. :joker:

That opening... jesus.

Stellar episode so far.

Wow! 311 dead and Bruce managing to kick ass, before Alfred saves him! :wow:

Rip Jeremiah. :o

Jim is really being put through the ringer this season. Glad they didn't kill off Zsasz.

And then Batgirl was born. :funny:

Great episode. Curious to see why Jeremiah faked his death.

I doubt Jeremiah is dead since we saw him fighting Bruce in Ace chemicals in the trailer. Not sure how they will say he survived. Unless someone has a Lazarus Pit around. I didn't see the Riddler being the one to blow up the building. I wonder why unless he was trying to set up the Penguin.

Loving this episode so far! Great to see Jeremiah!

I doubt Jeremiah is dead since we saw him fighting Bruce in Ace chemicals in the trailer. Not sure how they will say he survived. Unless someone has a Lazarus Pit around. I didn't see the Riddler being the one to blow up the building. I wonder why unless he was trying to set up the Penguin.

He did mention a third....

Nice to see Lucius and Riddler teaming up again after the two had that game of riddles last time. The two do work well together. Tragic about that old woman, though.

For the sake of a Dark Knight Rises reference, I sort of wish that Scarecrow had been involved with Penguin's kangaroo court, but perfectly fine with Oswald having a guillotine out of nowhere. And it's great to see Zsasz again. The man just has no natural fear. Also...I certainly hope Selina had a plan B through Z because she has to know that you can't just get rid of Jeremiah that easily.

Think the Jeremiah we saw was just a look-alike because the real one anticipated Selina would go after him. There's also that creepy nurse from the premiere who also could've been a cult member.

Or he just faked his death, I dunno. Whatever his plan is, it should become clear in the next episodes.

For once, Gordon’s speech backfired!

Oh, ****! A guillotine

Definitely don’t think that was Jeremiah!

Ed, that was cold pushing that elderly woman out the window!

It's pretty obvious she's not afraid of being pushed out the window

Maybe that's what Jeremiah was actually digging towards. I understand Jeremiah hijacked that gang's operation with digging a tunnel to get out of the city, but maybe he found out about the other Lazarus Pit locations in the city and realized that tunnel they were digging would lead to one.

I gotta' say, when attempting to capture Zsasz, that was a complete waste of precious ammo from everyone involved. They didn't need to unload near as much as that in order to distract Zsasz, and yet they practically exceeded their payload.

Not one of Jim's best ideas.

Anyone who's watched this friggin show (as well as the trailer of course ) can figure out he ain't dead lol.

2 characters stabbed each other to death in the finale for the previous season and Hugo Strange did his " WhAt ShOuLd I dO, WiFf, YeEew ?:hehe:" thing and poof, Nygma (at least him) is magically back

That and, you know, all that footage of him in the trailers we haven't seen yet. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"