Gotham Gotham Season 5 Episode 5 - "Pena Dura"

A bit surprised we're getting Bane.

Bane's father, Eduardo Dorrance/King Snake, is also supposed to appear, starting this episode.

Listings - GOTHAM on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com

THURSDAY, JANUARY 31

--"GOTHAM" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) -- CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

A MILITARY TASK FORCE ARRIVES IN GOTHAM CITY ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, ON FOX

Shane West Guest-Stars and BD Wong ("Hugo Strange") Returns

A military task force, led by Eduardo Dorrance (guest star Shane West) is called in to provide relief to Gotham. Meanwhile, Nygma looks for answers from Penguin, who leads him back to Hugo Strange (guest star BD Wong). Then, Bruce is concerned about Selina's recent behavior in the all-new "Pena Dura" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Jan. 31 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-505) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/The Riddler, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah Valeska, Shane West as Eduardo Dorrance, BD Wong as Hugo Strange, Francesca Root-Dodson as Ecco, Shiva Kalaiselvan as Lelia, Marceline Hugot as Gretel

Some Pictures of the upcoming episode. First look at Bane, , and I can’t wait to see how Bane/Jim’s storyline plays out! very special interaction between Penguin and Hugo Strange, but noToo bad we’ll have to wait an extra week for episode 6 thanks to Fox though. Also, was hoping we’d get a look at the Bruce, Jeremiah, Ecco and Selina side of things in these pics but this is still good :
Section of Randomness
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Should be interesting to see what Eduardo is like pre-Bane transformation.

Lol at that jab at people that treat their pets like people.

Just started watching this! Liking Eduardo so far!

Also thought it was pretty cool how Jim defused the detenator!

Last edited:
Loving the episode. Eduardo's cool, but Shane West is doing the "evil glare" thing too often. :funny:

Tense confrontation between Ed and Oswald!

Betting it's going to be Hugo Strange that ends up turning Edouardo into Bane.

Guess I was wrong. He was a villain the whole time.

Wonder who is controlling Ed?

Love Harvey’s conversation with Bruce!

This was a very, very good character episode. I think it's a testament to the show's history and continuity that everyone realizes that despite how zany and weird Ed is, he's not a mass murderer or killer aside from, as the show pointed out, Kringle and Dougherty. If people like Barbara, Jim, and Oswald had no history with Ed, they'd probably think him guilty.

And I really enjoyed his conversation with Penguin. It just reminded me how much I enjoy the chemistry between Robin Lord Taylor and Cory Michael Smith. They've come a long way from Oswald being Fish Mooney's penguin boy and Nygma being the lab tech at the GCPD. And yeah, loved Harvey's talk with Bruce. He's also come a long way from being Jim's corrupt partner to being one of the most loyal and hardworking officers at the precinct.

Plus, tis nothing but a flesh wound for Jeremiah. Of course he wasn't out of the game.

I just noticed something....

So in The Batman '43, there is this villain named Dr Daka. A Japanese mad doctor. Jerome sounds like him! lol

Beyond that, I hope in 2 weeks the show begins to move Bruce more forward in the limelight. I know Gordon was the main, second to Bruce; but for a while now, it felt like it was all about Gordon and Bruce was an afterthought. And with what the finale will be, and this show will ultimately end with, they need to do this.

Is there something going on that precludes this and presumably anything else from airing new episodes next Thursday? I know next Tuesday is the State of the Union, but is there something happening next Thursday that I just missed?

Knew it. Jeremiah faked his death. Sorta. I can see some people who border on nitpicking having a major issue with how he survived though.

Really liked that scene between Bruce and Harvey. Was nice to see them having a bonding moment of sorts.

Can't wait to see what Eduardo's got cooked up next.

Loved the episode tonight! S5 is one wild ride so far!

Kinda funny that in all three of Bane's live action appearances he ended up working for someone else. In Batman and Robin it was Poison Ivy, in The Dark Knight Rises it was Talia Al Ghul, and in Gotham it's a politician named Theresa Walker.

Last edited:
They can't seem to realize he's basically his own man.

I laughed when I noticed West was holding his vest like Hardy would hold his coat in TDKR.

I was actually surprised they set up Eduardo to be a villain right away. I was thinking they would do that in a later episode.

They probably would have had they had a 22-episode order.

So does Jeremiah know where the batcave is? That was the cave and the manor, right?

Confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"