Government Going Too Far!

Do you have children? :dry:

That doesn't justify anything. :whatever:

I used to work in a toy store. I saw this happen on the same morning. Woman comes in with a little girl in a stroller--the little girl keeps trying to grab at the small toys near the register. Mom smacks kid's hand away...kid keeps grabbing. Mom keeps smacking her hand. Kid keeps grabbing. One final smack as they leave. Argument ensues, still yelling as they're wheeling away.

Later, another mom--another little girl in a stroller. Kid starts grabbing at the toys. Mom tells her to stop. Kid keeps grabbing. Mom spins the stroller in the opposite direction where there's nothing to grab. Kid's not happy, but kid gets over it. No screaming argument.

See? You don't always have to spank to make a point.

No I dont, but I get what you are saying. If I were to have kids, I would understand violence against young children. Well, Im sorry if I dont want to beat little kids.

Do you realize that you are BEATING DEFENSELESS CHILDREN???

And I have to agree with Guardian. I work with kids, and Im around kids enough. There are alternatives to beating children.

yes . . . I find that usually a stern threat of beating will do the trick :o

Why do you obey the speed limit? Why do you not shop lift?? Fear! Fear of punishment. That's why. A healthy fear is a good thing. The result is the keeping you from harm or from hurting others. Kids need that from their folks. Is that so hard to get?

Well, i dont usually obey the speed limit. And shoplifting is stealing, and its just wrong. I have enough common sense and respect for myself to not steal. Its not as if Im afraid, but that im not an idiot.

Jag, the only reason Im saying "beating" is because of Celldog's stance on this. He has approached the situation as if its "beat first, ask questions later".

Doing so makes you sound like one of those people who likes to use emotional hot-button words to make something sound really, really horrible when it's not to support your argument and that you are taking a very black-and-white "all spanking is bad, period" stance on the subject more than it is highlighting any flaws in Slim's arguments. I haven't heard him say that he's in favor of dishing out spankings first before trying reason, time-outs, warnings or other methods first. That's an assumption on your part, I think.

As far as I'm concerned, every kid screws up one GOOD time when they're young, and kids are constantly testing their parents' limits . . . I think that every kid pry needs a good spanking once in their life to put them in their place . . .

granted, there are a lot of well-behaved kids out there, but to tell somebody how to discipline their own kids IS GOING TOO FAR.

the dumb asses that beat their kids, and do other things htat are out of line will do it anyway . . . you can't stop people from being dumb asses and degenerates . . . the people that know the difference are the ones that shouldn't have their right to spank their child taken away from them . . .

:up:

jag

Why do you obey the speed limit? Why do you not shop lift?? Fear! Fear of punishment. That's why. A healthy fear is a good thing. The result is the keeping you from harm or from hurting others. Kids need that from their folks. Is that so hard to get?

I also obey the speed limit because I don't want to get into an accident and hurt myself or someone else. I don't shoplift because in addition to being illegal, it's also wrong to steal. I would never do that.

I understand the ramifications of breaking the law and why it's wrong to do so. It's not just a fear of traffic tickets and shoplifting arrests.

We teach why things are wrong to do, not just put the fear of slugging someone out there to keep people in line.

Doing so makes you sound like one of those people who likes to use emotional hot-button words to make something sound really, really horrible when it's not to support your argument and that you are taking a very black-and-white "all spanking is bad, period" stance on the subject more than it is highlighting any flaws in Slim's arguments. I haven't heard him say that he's in favor of dishing out spankings first before trying reason, time-outs, warnings or other methods first. That's an assumption on your part, I think.

jag

And Celldog's use of the line "Do you have kids" to make it sound as if we were to have kids, we would understand is a perfectly good argument.

Thats ridiculous that I have to have kids to understand.

And Celldog's use of the line "Do you have kids" to make it sound as if we were to have kids, we would understand is a perfectly good argument.

My point is that you're serving only to muddy your own stance on the issue rather than highlight any convolution in Slim's with that approach. ;)

jag

I don't think so. Look how many bad parents there are in the world. As I said earlier, just because you have a kid, doesn't mean you know how to parent. You could give me a jet, that wouldn't mean I'd know how to fly it.

But we have lisences in this country for driving, flying, hunting etc, but anyone can go out and make babies.

Yeah, I used to get the **** beaten out of me. Looking back, I realize that I probably feared my parents more than loved them. But I also see that they felt really bad about it at the time, and really til this day apologize for some of the beatings I took. Nonetheless, there is some resentment there. I'm not going the I hate my parents route or anything, because I don't. But for the most part, I could've done without some of the belt whippings I took.[/quote]

So you're saying that as a kid, you would have obeyed your parents without the whippings?

Yeah....you may have "feared" your parent's wrath. But you didn't "fear" your parents. There's a difference. And believe me....it is better that they correct you than have the justice system do it.

How can you tell anyone what they did or did not fear?

This is wrong. If a kid gets in legal trouble, the parent is responsible but yet you are limited in ways to raise them?! :huh: This is wrong on so many levels. I was spanked/whooped growing up and now I'm a college graduate and doing pretty well. This government now is f-ing this country up. You can't raise your kids the way you want to, you can't say a darn thing cuase everyone is SOO pc these days, phones are being tapped, our rights are slowing being taken away from us, heck you can't even watch Cookie Monster on Sesame Street eating cookies cuase he's bad for you! WTF! I see we are moving closer and closer to a robotic society where we are told what to do, how to do it and how to think. :o

Ok, for a while, it seemed like an attack on Slim, and that's not good.

We're all texting our opinions here and we all have valid reasons for those opinions. This thread was started for whatever reason, and now it has become something completely different.

We can't make someone change opinions, but we can have them understand our own. Even if they don't agree.

Whether one has kids or not does not mean you can't be in on this conversation. Whether you were spanked, slapped, "beaten" or whatever or not, does not mean you can't be in this conversation.

I am not trying to ruin everyone's fun here, but I think it's getting a little out of hand and frankly, redundant.

I haven't seen anything new here for the past 3 pages. Just repeating what someone else said or what you yourself said.

We're all texting our opinions here and we all have valid reasons for those opinions. This thread was started for whatever reason, and now it has become something completely different.

We can't make someone change opinions, but we can have them understand our own. Even if they don't agree.

Whether one has kids or not does not mean you can't be in on this conversation. Whether you were spanked, slapped, "beaten" or whatever or not, does not mean you can't be in this conversation.

I am not trying to ruin everyone's fun here, but I think it's getting a little out of hand and frankly, redundant.

I haven't seen anything new here for the past 3 pages. Just repeating what someone else said or what you yourself said.

It was my first post and my opinion was new! Noone said what I said! :cmad:

:csad:

Dude, all I can say is: Welcome to the Hype.

This is wrong. If a kid gets in legal trouble, the parent is responsible but yet you are limited in ways to raise them?! :huh: This is wrong on so many levels. I was spanked/whooped growing up and now I'm a college graduate and doing pretty well. This government now is f-ing this country up. You can't raise your kids the way you want to, you can't say a darn thing cuase everyone is SOO pc these days, phones are being tapped, our rights are slowing being taken away from us, heck you can't even watch Cookie Monster on Sesame Street eating cookies cuase he's bad for you! WTF! I see we are moving closer and closer to a robotic society where we are told what to do, how to do it and how to think. :o

I'd agree, Docker. People are way too interested in dictating how others can or can't live their lives anymore and government interference is something a lot of them wholeheartedly endorse as a result. Big government brings big problems and it's just amazing to me that so many people seem to either want it or are apathetic towards it. The whole Cookie Monster thing is mind boggling as well, because they'll throw a fit about him and his dietary habits yet they'll pimp Elmo to the moon; a character who teaches children idiotic speech habits and that acting like you've been freebasing Prozac is desired behavior. :down

jag

I agree . . . even though Celldog's 'do you have kids' argument isn't the end-all, be-all to him being right on this subject, I see where he's going, and some kids need to be spanked at some point!

:word:

seriously!! WTF is happening!!?!? the day people stop questioning will be our day of reckoning :( and the way everyone is distracted by bullshiitte these days, it won't be long . . . :mad:

I'd agree, Docker. People are way too interested in dictating how others can or can't live their lives anymore and government interference is something a lot of them wholeheartedly endorse as a result. Big government brings big problems and it's just amazing to me that so many people seem to either want it or are apathetic towards it. The whole Cookie Monster thing is mind boggling as well, because they'll throw a fit about him and his dietary habits yet they'll pimp Elmo to the moon; a character who teaches children idiotic speech habits and that acting like you've been freebasing Prozac is desired behavior. :down

jag
Or how about the fact that Cookie Monster is evil, while our president bombs Iraq?

I love how Dubya claims to be pro life. He kills Arabs. He kills the environment...he kills a lot. Where's the life part come in? Oh, we can't kill unborn babies, but everyone else is fair game?

Yeah, Cookie Monster is the problem.

Dude, all I can say is: Welcome to the Hype.

I guess you're right.

I have been here for four years and I really have never got into into any of these damn discussions. I only read posts. Lately, I have been on here alot, posting, searching..whatever.

So, Steve, thanks. I hope I am truly welcome.

I guess you're right.

I have been here for four years and I really have never got into into any of these damn discussions. I only read posts. Lately, I have been on here alot, posting, searching..whatever.

So, Steve, thanks. I hope I am truly welcome.
I welcome anyone with a brain, civility and an opinion of their own, and you seem to have all of that. But, message boards are message boards and they are not likely to change any time soon.

Or how about the fact that Cookie Monster is evil, while our president bombs Iraq?

I love how Dubya claims to be pro life. He kills Arabs. He kills the environment...he kills a lot. Where's the life part come in? Oh, we can't kill unborn babies, but everyone else is fair game?

Yeah, Cookie Monster is the problem.

Ha! you want to know how I knew Bush was the biggest hypocrit alive? Dude starts a war in Iraq, has the war going on right now as we speak but yet is negotiate peace between Israel and Palestine. He needs to get peace from the war he started but he won't anytime soon until he gets a bigger oil deal. :o

Ok, now we're on to the frickin Cookie Monster and Bush.

WTF!?

(Ok, so none of that was really intelligent, but c'mon)

Ok, now we're on to the frickin Cookie Monster and Bush.

WTF!?

(Ok, so none of that was really intelligent, but c'mon)

Ok..................................how long you said you been on the hype? :rolleyes: Threads always deviate. Either you roll with it or get rolled over. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"