Sequels Goyer might be delaying the film due to the strike

DoctorJones

Civilian
Reaction score
David Goyer is a writer first and foremost, before being a director. I think the reason things are happening so slowly on this is because unlike J.J. Abrams, who is having problems filming Star Trek with an unchangeable script, he might be waiting for the WGA strike to end so he can have full freedom as a filmmaker on set. Thoughts?

Who knows. The project might be changing shape, perhaps into X-Men Begins for all we know.

I'm more interested in this than in Wolverine. All the way.

I think that the Magneto/Xavier relationship would make a far better TV series than a film.

David Goyer is a writer first and foremost, before being a director. I think the reason things are happening so slowly on this is because unlike J.J. Abrams, who is having problems filming Star Trek with an unchangeable script, he might be waiting for the WGA strike to end so he can have full freedom as a filmmaker on set. Thoughts?

True...that could be one of many factors delaying 'Magneto'.

I'm looking forward to seeing Magneto. He's one of my favorite comic villains. I agree though, it would make a great TV series, but I'm ok with a movie too.

I think that the Magneto/Xavier relationship would make a far better TV series than a film.

That's not a bad idea... but it would be too much money to produce each episode considering it would have to be set in WW2 with Nazi set pieces... no one has money for that.

I'm kinda hoping Goyer doesn't end up directing this flick.

I agree that Goyer is probably waiting gor the Strike to end...and I don't have a problem with that, because want Him to have freedom to make creative changes where necessary. I want the Film to be GOOD! Magnito is one of My favorite Characters...and I feel He can easily carry His own Movie.

WGA have reached a tentitive agreement. The strike may be over Monday. We shell see.

Last summer David Goyer was talking about location scouting in Argentina and Europe, budgeting, crew etc. then things went quiet until November when word broke that he was taking on another movie from a script he had written.

The last time things went quiet on a Goyer Superhero movie (The Flash) it turned out he had left.Maybe that's the case here?

Interesting...Goyer has removed his Myspace account?:huh:

www.myspace.com/dsgoyer

Hell to the yeah.

What do you mean with that?....

I'm spanish and didn't know that expression... Does that mean you want the Magneto movie more than Logan one?

So me thinks this movie gets pushed to 2010 or doesn't happen at all... will be interesting... I wonder whats a higher priority... FF3 or Magneto... I'd still try and sneak in a Holiday release... they need to get on the ball by July/August or it will have to wait an entire year or perhaps not happen entirely.

So me thinks this movie gets pushed to 2010 or doesn't happen at all... will be interesting... I wonder whats a higher priority... FF3 or Magneto... I'd still try and sneak in a Holiday release... they need to get on the ball by July/August or it will have to wait an entire year or perhaps not happen entirely.

FF3 won't start anytime soon seeing how Jessica Alba is having a baby, and will need time after the child is born.

FF3 won't start anytime soon seeing how Jessica Alba is having a baby, and will need time after the child is born.

How long is she? I mean she'll probably pump the thing out by the end of the year... give her 9 months to work out and take care of the kid... FF3 is the perfect role to get back into shape... I mean if your Jessica Alba you pretty much need to be in shape for any role if anyone if going to watch.... but I would think she'd be free spring of 09... FF3 might be her first role since the kid... she'd probably want the money anyways... any how I can easily see FF3 getting scrapped all together... but Fox should get Magneto out December 09... no need to make it a summer tentpole... go for a critically acclaimed movie... there is no point putting it out in a jam packed summer.

How long is she?

At least 5 months I think.

Women can change drasticly after kids.

Katie Holmes droped out of Batman! (not that she had a big part though)

Britney Spears!!!!

Things don't look good for FF3 right now

She does not need money either.

Summer is when you can, and will make the most money in film so I don't see FF3 coming out until 2011.

Yeah I read she'll have it by May or something... that gives her a good 8 months to get over the "taking care of the baby" hump... these Hollywood actresses always have a way of eliminating the weight almost overnight it seems... it depends on how comitted she is... frankly I don't see how comitted you can be to come back for another cheap sequel... I want the movie to get done though one of these days... just feels incomplete with only two films.

As far as Magneto... I don't think a summer tentpole filled with pricey cameos and flying tanks and planes in a WW2 setting is the right way to go... its the script and the characterization that counts... I hope Fox will see that... we don't need Mystique flying around changing shapes and kicking ass... or Magneto breaking bridges and what not... a Magneto film like that won't work and will barely make its money back. June/July is a terrible release date for it... they need an early December or March release. So I think Fox (if they are smart) can stuff FF3 into that summer tentpole slot or maybe a Silver Surfer spinoff or something.

What do you mean with that?....

I'm spanish and didn't know that expression... Does that mean you want the Magneto movie more than Logan one?

Yes, LOL

Yeah I read she'll have it by May or something... that gives her a good 8 months to get over the "taking care of the baby" hump... these Hollywood actresses always have a way of eliminating the weight almost overnight it seems... it depends on how comitted she is... frankly I don't see how comitted you can be to come back for another cheap sequel... I want the movie to get done though one of these days... just feels incomplete with only two films.

As far as Magneto... I don't think a summer tentpole filled with pricey cameos and flying tanks and planes in a WW2 setting is the right way to go... its the script and the characterization that counts... I hope Fox will see that... we don't need Mystique flying around changing shapes and kicking ass... or Magneto breaking bridges and what not... a Magneto film like that won't work and will barely make its money back. June/July is a terrible release date for it... they need an early December or March release. So I think Fox (if they are smart) can stuff FF3 into that summer tentpole slot or maybe a Silver Surfer spinoff or something.

IMO, Fox will probably do to Magneto what they did to Wolverine. At first I thought Wolverine would be a smaller film, but then I remember thinking how they'll probably add all these cameos, etc to make it a bigger film. I won't be surprised if Magneto gets the same treatment, lol. :funny:

I agree with that ^^^ and I'm not really complaining with what they are doing with Wolverine... take it seriously and make it worth while... but man if they think Magneto is going to be a huge draw and they place a near triple figure type budget on this thing... ouch... that's all I can say. Not saying the budget will be 100... but it very well might be if they go crazy with the action and make it a summer tentpole... and I don't know if they'll get the favorable release date in 2010... I mean what's Wolverine's competition? Hanah Montanah? Lets be real... as it looks June might be the only really open month 2 1/2 years from now. Things might change yes... but The Hobbit and the rest of Marvel have yet to claim dates. Things won't be flowing as smoothly as they have been for comic book films in recent years... First it was two major comic book films a year... now its three... just wait till Sony, Universal, Fox, WB/DC, AND Marvel and their two independently produced summer tentpoles all target the same summer... we're barely going to have a month in between each film if not less than three weeks between comic book films... that has me seriously concerned about the future of these films...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"