BvS Goyer v. Terrio: Dawn of Screenwriting

I'm going to go against the grain here. My money is on Goyer's script being better than Terrio's. Goyer understands and loves these characters, Terrio barely knew who Superman and Batman were. I'm willing to bet Goyer's script was more crowd pleasing and eady to digest than Terrio and Snyder's final product.

I'm going to go against the grain here. My money is on Goyer's script being better than Terrio's. Goyer understands and loves these characters, Terrio barely knew who Superman and Batman were. I'm willing to bet Goyer's script was more crowd pleasing and eady to digest than Terrio and Snyder's final product.

I'm betting that Martha line was Terrio than Goyer.

I say a mix.

Let's not forget that Chris T. wrote JL1 and is on the fence about JL2.

I wonder if Goyer has had or will have anything to do with JL???

Didn't Goyer originally write this, Terrio just rewrote the script?

That's what we were told. How much Terrio rewrote is up in the air. I see Goyer's ideas here and there, and hear Terrio's dialogue. It could simply be Goyer's story structure and Terrio's dialogue.

I am still guessing the Studio gave them a list of requirements since they wanted this to technically launch the DC universe. They cut 30mins out of the film so its difficult to judge, i think they were given too huge of a task and did a pretty decent job imo.

I still don't believe Batman was intended to be in this from the start.

Batman's motivations for hating Superman should have been given to Lex, IMO. I did like Lex's reasons for hating Superman on the concept of a god can't be both all good and all powerful.

People need to understand that it doesn't matter who the screenwriter is if the people deciding where the story should go don't have a clue about good storytelling. You can get the best screenwriter in the world, but if you tell him to put 10 villains in a Batman movie plus 5 side-kicks, you will most likely end up with a bad script. Then people will blame it on the screenwriter. But you can't really make orange juice without oranges, can you?

That's the problem. Snyder makes a lot of decisions regarding the story. It's not like he lets Goyer or Terrio do their jobs with total freedom. They're essentially puppets. Terrio isn't deciding what the story for BvS or JL is going to be. He just writes what Snyder tells him to write. He might contribute with ideas too, but he is not in control.

^ This. On a good day, Snyder is best when he's reflecting something else.

He's patchy on his own.

I'm guessing Goyer wrote the story, and Terrio did a lot of the character structuring/dialogue, and touched up maybe a few story elements.

I'm not a big fan of "who's to blame" threads. We can't possibly know the exact process utilized, how much Snyder had a hand in, etc.

This is also a who to praise thread, too.

I'm guessing Goyer wrote the story, and Terrio did a lot of the character structuring/dialogue, and touched up maybe a few story elements.

I'm not a big fan of "who's to blame" threads. We can't possibly know the exact process utilized, how much Snyder had a hand in, etc.

Absolutely. Even with Snyder, we don't know what kinda pressure studio made on him.

It's easier to make claims over a director like James Cameron or Nolan because they won't be bow down to anyone. They do they want and who they want to work with.

Goyer was Nolan's guy. Terrio is Affleck's.

This movie however mess when it comes to it's story and how it's told. It might have 5 different stories and looks like a collage more than one complete movie.

Unfortunately I think it might be better if 30 minutes deleted than added for Bluray. Once BluRay is out, i'm gonna edit the damn thing myself just for exercise.

I don't understand the hate for the "Martha" scene. What's so bad about it?

Wow Affleck did that:csad:, I had been giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now. I had been saying nah this was all Snyder and his people Ben is innocent and then you hit me with this.:csad::csad::csad:

Ok, but that wasnt the worst part of the movie. Not by a long shot.

Ok, but that wasnt the worst part of the movie. Not by a long shot.

Nowhere near, I actually loved Affleck Batman minus the killing. I loved his brutality and rawness. I just didn't like that line and felt it was out of place.

Snyder.

While Terrio was rewriting, Snyder filmed the Knightmare scene and thought of it himself.

Wow Affleck did that:csad:, I had been giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now. I had been saying nah this was all Snyder and his people Ben is innocent and then you hit me with this.:csad::csad::csad:

You're kidding me.... :dry:

Batman is a guy dressed as a bat that fights, clowns, thugs, penguins and a bunch of other stuff all his life.

The dude see's an unstoppable god-like creature of war that can throw Superman away like a used toothpick, Superman, the other alien god that Batman had a tough time fighting, can get easily whooped by this creature.

In what multiverse pray tell would Batman not say "Oh S***" when a situation like that happens?

Batman sees a giant mutated alien about to shoot heat vision at him.

Who wouldn't say "Oh ****."?

Wonder Woman. :o

I don't understand the hate for the "Martha" scene. What's so bad about it?

Why did he call her Martha and not Mom? There's many levels of dumb to that scene besides it being anti-climactic as hell

Why did he call her Martha and not Mom? There's many levels of dumb to that scene besides it being anti-climactic as hell

Maybe to grab Batman's attention? I don't see what's dumb about that.

I believe there was a scene with Clark finding out about Bruce's parents that was taken out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"