Grand Theft Auto V (A.K.A 5) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed being able to do that on floating cars in the sky, while having all these female NPC's following you as your gang. :csad:

Saints Row 3 was well made. Aside from a couple of glitches here and there the game was chalk full of content that I wished the GTA series would have and for that I appreciate it. It's also incredibly funny.

I like where the GTA series is at now. For hilarity and comedy, I'll go to Saints Row but for the seriousness, I'll go to GTA.

GTA should always have that streak of satire and self awareness though, that's what Rockstar are great at. That doesn't mean you can't tell a serious story.

I get tired of serious GTA. It really makes me hate the main character when he's a complete unforgiving dukee bag.

As I've said GTA V can be more like The Ballad of Gay Tony and it'd be more GTA than regular GTA IV with going too over the top,That's I play both Saints Third and GTA IV:The Ballad of Gay Tony cause there two different alternatives to each other!!

When I feel like going extremely crazy I put in Saints Third and when I feel like going serious yet still a loco then I put in TBOGT!

I feel like Vice City hit the same delicate balance that Ballad of Gay Tony hit. People seem to have revisionist memories when it comes to GTA3 and Vice City. They weren't insanely over the top like SR3. They had coherent stories that were filled with tension and believable characters. They also had a sense of fun and wisely never took themselves too seriously. That is GTA IV's problem, IMO. It took itself way too seriously which I do not think that a game that casts the player as an unrepentant mass murderer should do.

I really enjoyed Vice City but I think of San Andreas as the high point of the GTA series when it comes to vehicles & customizing. Jets and experimental vehicles and aircrafts are definitely aspects that should be re introduced into the series. They don't have to be completely farfetched and borderline sci fi like the ones that SR3 had but they should definitely expand on those elements from GTA:SA.

Vice City did have the best story though. I'll agree with that much. I enjoyed it a great deal.

Yeah,Luis(TBOGT)is a Liberty City local street thug and while he's actually a nice&cool person and prefers not to get into much trouble..He knows what he is and accepts his life and even has no problem being Tony's bodyguard&friend!!

I sure hope the new main character for V is more like Luis than Nikko,In the trailer the new character is like Nikko where he had a dark criminal past&moved away to find a better life with family..But calmly says"that life always catches up to you"or something and so I hope he embraces what he has to do like Luis But is hardened and more of a badass than Nikko&Luis put together!!

Yeah, I agree SA has the most in terms of customization, scenery and vehicles. But I've always felt SA shoved in so much that it left out something else very important....substance.

I'd agree that VC had the best story and was in many ways the best all around game.

I really enjoyed Vice City but I think of San Andreas as the high point of the GTA series when it comes to vehicles & customizing. Jets and experimental vehicles and aircrafts are definitely aspects that should be re introduced into the series. They don't have to be completely farfetched and borderline sci fi like the ones that SR3 had but they should definitely expand on those elements from GTA:SA.

Vice City did have the best story though. I'll agree with that much. I enjoyed it a great deal.

I love the Vtol&Spector in Saints Third But I agree GTA V should have jets&stuff without going sci-fi,The jet flying over buildings in the trailer is a nice tease and I sure hope it's in the game But that it's just a regular air force jet!!

Yeah, I agree SA has the most in terms of customization, scenery and vehicles. But I've always felt SA shoved in so much that it left out something else very important....substance.

I'd agree that VC had the best story and was in many ways the best all around game.
I'm with you there.

Bring back the character & story sensibilities from Vice City along with the customization and vehicle selection from San Andreas and we've got ourselves a great GTA game.

Based on the GTA V trailer it certainly seems as if they're bringing the best elements from the series as a whole. I already like the protagonist from GTA V a lot more than Niko based on that trailer alone. I'm a sucker for main characters who indulge in self monologues.

Aerial vehicle selection has been widened once again and the colorful vibrancy of VC has returned while the expansive scenery from San Andreas is also there.

Hopefully we get another trailer come June 4th so we can get a better look of it all but I'm getting a really good feeling about the main character especially.

Again, I say bring back the fun ridiculous cheats, that way everyone wins. :o

newswire_1342100433.jpg

newswire_1342100464.jpg

Yes it is.

Even though San Andreas is my favorite game, just due to the sheer variety and quantity, Vice City was still the nicest setting.

I've never played any other GTA game other that IV and LCS, but I would also love to see a Vice City set game in the future.

Finally some kid of update,I hope there's bikes again like in SA as well new modern bikes and perhaps even skate boards&roller blades lol!!

I wonder big&interactive the map will be compared to IV!?The map is already BIG for Liberty City and the interactions(buildings/mini games/etc)is decent!

Part of the appeal of being in vice city was being there in the 80's though. I don't know if it would still be as enjoyable without that retro feel.

I was kinda hoping GTA 5 or whatever would also be set in the past like the 70's perhaps.

Part of the appeal of being in vice city was being there in the 80's though. I don't know if it would still be as enjoyable without that retro feel.

I was kinda hoping GTA 5 or whatever would also be set in the past like the 70's perhaps.

Yea i LOVED the time period for VC. Miami(VC) would be awesome regardless though. That place is just in its own little bubble. Really scenic city(both good and bad)

I wonder big&interactive the map will be compared to IV!?The map is already BIG for Liberty City and the interactions(buildings/mini games/etc)is decent!

Rockstar is claiming this is the biggest game they have ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"