Grant Morrison's Action Comics

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Since i don't seem to find any other thread for this i would like to know what others think about it, i've mostly seen negative to mixed feelings about it but i sincerelly love it, i still have to read issue 3 but i like the Golden Age feeling in the book.

Issue 3 disappointed me. It's the first time in a while I've disliked Morrison's writing. I get he was trying to compress a lot of things but it had no breathing room to have any impact.

Just felt like a bunch of WTFness being shot at the reader all at once (Ie: krypto ghost?!? really? then no follow up). Morales also wasn't too hot this issue; a lot of the pencils looked rushed like they could've used extra finesse. However the first 2 issues were the bee's knees and totally wiping out the Superman I grew up with (post-crisis) out of the new continuity was worth it cause of those books if you ask me.

Yeah, read issue 3 now and you're right, way too much happening, and another thing i don't like is making Lex working for aliens, i would have prefered if they made the Aliens threat later and not afiliated to Lex.

The same goes for Metallo, matallo shouldn't have been possessed by robots

Prediction: This Golden age Superman will power up the first time DC realizes they have a cross over wth Thor or the Hulk coming up.

I liked #3 but I read it very quickly at work :woot:

Will soon re-read it again. But is this Metallo and Brainiac in one person now or have I missed something?

Last edited:
I liked #3 but I read it very quickly at work :woot:

Will soon re-read it again. But is this Metallo and Brainiac in one person now or did have I missed something?

It seemed to me like Brainiac is now responsible for the birth of Metallo but not that they are one. He currently controls Corben cause of the techno biology but something tells me a certain alien hating scientist will fall out with the alien and seperate man from THAT machine into a new one and give that guy a new heart in the form of a green meteor rock perhaps :cwink: then he'll be the Metallo we know.

I do like the idea that Brainiac still has drones but now they take on the form of tech from the planet he is planning on conquering through his hacking and probing. Almost like they've been sleeper agents in a thematic sense and it makes him more formidable cause now he could REALLY control all kinds of tech and not just be equipped with alien tech only from the jump.

Thanks, makes sense to me. Although I would like to see more "stand-alone villains", I don't like it when everyone is connected to Lex Luthor in some way. But it's still early in the run.

I'm loving it so far. This brash, badass Superman is great. I love seeing him just mess with people who feel untouchable.

^ My thoughts exactly, I've seen no disparaging of the first too issues.

Since i don't seem to find any other thread for this i would like to know what others think about it, i've mostly seen negative to mixed feelings about it but i sincerelly love it, i still have to read issue 3 but i like the Golden Age feeling in the book.
There is a thread on it it is called the official Superman thread. That's where you would go.

No, a thread just for Morrison's Action Comics, there's none so....

Yes but your not seeing that the Offical Superman Thread is an all encompassing thread so that we do not have two threads for each book, that is the place to talk about the book. It's so we don't bog the servers down with 5 threads for each Bat-family book and Superman family book.

Yes but your not seeing that the Offical Superman Thread is an all encompassing thread so that we do not have two threads for each book, that is the place to talk about the book. It's so we don't bog the servers down with 5 threads for each Bat-family book and Superman family book.
Correct when I originally created that thread it use to be the official Action Comics thread back when Johns and Donner were on the book. However the mods changed it to the official Superman thread when we started having 5 different threads for each book or just for whatever upcoming arc they had.

Thanks for confirming what I just said?

Eh, this forum isn't exactly overflowing with activity most of the time anyway. [air of authority]I'll allow it.
hmmmmmmm-1.gif
[/air of authority]

AC is one of my favorites from the new 52. I've never been much of a Supes fan when it comes to comics but right now I'm really enjoying the current Superman run of comics with Action leading the pack.

Eh, this forum isn't exactly overflowing with activity most of the time anyway. [air of authority]I'll allow it.
hmmmmmmm-1.gif
[/air of authority]

Your not a part of the solution Corp, your part of the problem. You know it.

Them sons of b***hes JUST sent me issue 2. :argh:

DC comics.

The discount is nice, but it's a crap shoot whether they'll actually send you your s**t. :mad:

It seems like it's just a bit late, which you tend to encounter with most online subscriptions. Although, granted, since DC is actually the source of the comics, you'd think they'd have them ready to go a week or so early so they could ensure the comics would arrive at your door on release day if they really wanted to.

Dude, I didn't get number 2 until number 3 was two weeks late. :o

I don't have this problem at all with Marvel.

Meh, f*** 'em. How much of a discount is it? There are probably better online shops with comparable discounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"