Gravity Question

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thundercrack85, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Thundercrack85 Registered

Sort of an odd question, but I figure there are a few eggheads on this forum, so I thought I'd ask here.

In light of the new discoveries of potentially habitable worlds, larger than Earth, I was wondering, what is the highest gravity humans could live in? I.e. without suffering serious health problems.

1.5 G? 2 G?

In science fiction they rarely seem to put any thought into this, and most planets apparently not only have a breathable atmosphere, but a gravity that won't turn humans into paste.

2. Scarlet spidey Old school

I remember one time Vegeta trained in 500x Earth's gravity.
    Not sure if that helps or not.

3. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Cartoon physics aside, anything above the 1g standard for normal humans would be a huge strain on the body. So if we applied something like genetic engineering into the mix to make our constitution stronger we might be able to handle 2g but would likely still suffer from heart issues later in life.