Grayskull: Masters of the Universe - Part 3

I've tried, but they're not for me. I'm not the intended audience though anyway.

So yeah, he smiles and it bothers you lol.

Iunno guys, hating on folks for things they have no control over, or in this case shouldn't have to control at all, is just kinda silly to me. But do you.
He’s ****ing horrible in the movies I’ve seen him in

There’s more talk of this actor in this thread alone than he’s had in his whole career.

We have learned that (formerly) Sony’s ‘Masters of the Universe’ film will now be developed and distributed by Netflix. The film is currently projected for a late 2021-early 2022 release.

The Hollywood Reporter stated in September 2019 that Sony Pictures studio chairman Tom Rothman was “exploring the prospect of getting risk-free cash for the pricey project by making it for Netflix instead.” They added that talks were “preliminary”. Sources say that the production budget for ‘Masters of the Universe’ is currently aimed to be around $130M, it is unknown if this figure has changed given the recent shifts with the film however, once marketing and other costs are counted outside of the production budget, this film would have been a pricey bet for Sony Pictures. And despite Sony’s recent box office successes with ‘Little Women’, ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ and ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’, a risk of a high-budget ‘Masters of the Universe’ film could have been far too costly for the studio to release theatrically.

As of now, it is currently unknown what involvement Sony has with this project now but it is likely that we will discover in the coming months whether Sony has officially backed out of the project entirely or if they are still involved in some capacity.
‘Masters of the Universe’ Will Release On Netflix (EXCLUSIVE)

Well that’s a downgrade. Remember when this was going to be a big Christmas theatrical release?

“exploring the prospect of getting risk-free cash for the pricey project by making it for Netflix instead.”

Sounds like a real passion project.

I still think He-Man could be a huge blockbuster if you had legitimate people making it, but it’s obvious the studio doesn’t give a crap about the property and just wants to make a quick buck.

There are great movies for He-Man, Thundercats and SilverHawks waiting to be made. They just need to truly care to make them good.

The templates are already there.

The guy they have cast in the lead just doesn't fit. He clearly only got the part because his dad, from what i heard, is a producer. And said dad is also a scammer and an embezzler, but I'm not gonna throw the son under the bus for his dad's sins.

The guy they have cast in the lead just doesn't fit. He clearly only got the part because his dad, from what i heard, is a producer. And said dad is also a scammer and an embezzler, but I'm not gonna throw the son under the bus for his dad's sins.

The only thing his father has ever produced was an animated Legends of Oz movie which he used as a front for his embezzling scheme. He’s not a producer of Grayskull or anything else.

The only thing his father has ever produced was an animated Legends of Oz movie which he used as a front for his embezzling scheme. He’s not a producer of Grayskull or anything else.

He made sure his Oz co-producers would make a movie for his son to star in, which granted him a credit alongside Steve Guttenberg and Billy Zane, which is a lot more than other newcomers have when they are starting out (no screen credits at all) and facilitated his entry into auditions and studio offices.

Nepotism is nothing new and I don't condemn it if the talent is there, but in this case he was scammed into the industry by what is basically a thief.

Last edited:
This thread is to discuss the live-action Masters of The Universe movie that has recently been announced to be debuting on Netflix which is a separate project from the Netflix animated sequel series by Kevin Smith. The link you posted relates to the animated series, not the live-action movie(which this thread is about). There's already a different thread to discuss the animated Smith show that you can find here.

Last edited:
Apologies. I searched and couldn't find a thread other than this one.

OMG, Liam Cunningham as Duncan. Could not be more perfect casting, whether as a voiceover (as it is in this case) or even live action.

Here’s an update from Heman himself.
Work these days also includes “The Diary,” an upcoming WWII drama directed by Jackie Chan. There’s also his starring role as He-Man in “Masters of the Universe.” Shooting has been postponed and Sony recently removed the Mattel film from its release schedule. When I ask if the movie is still on, Centineo says, “We’ll see. We’ll see about that.”

Listen: Noah Centineo Opens Up About Fame, a Year of Sobriety and Playing a Superhero

This movie is going to be like White Akira, it's just going to keep coming back and forth from the dead.

I'm wondering how things will shift for the movie after these upcoming cartoon revivals. It's always seemed like such a narrow target: make a good movie while getting attention from both old and new fans when the movie would be doing all the heavy lifting.

But now, between She-Ra, Revelations, and this new CG show all renewing interest in the brand? They'll at least be able to try some things for modern viewers instead of a firing blind with a very expensive cinematic potential flop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"