Grayskull: Masters of the Universe - Part 3

Good idea & good call JKR.
I always thought the original He-Man outfit was a bit too....cartoony?
There's a number of other adjectives I could use but this is a family site.
I always felt if you want some credibility & have a more serious tone, a complete redesign of his outfit was needed.
That one you picked is in the right direction.

Apparently they have already cast Prince Adam.
Whether or not he plays that role & He-Man is the question I want to know.
But as a nod to the original Masters of the Universe, I would DEFINITELY cast Dolph Lundgren as the king or Man at Arms.

Well I dont know ANYTHING about his (Dylan Sprayberry) work at all, but someone messaged me previously about him being cast in another big budget movie,so I thought why not? He does have an appelaing look about him at least.

los-angeles-mar-11-dylan-260nw-259982474.jpg

He was young Clark in Man of Steel

Apparently they have already cast Prince Adam.
That casting doesn't hold up. Can't we come up with replacements?
I've already mentioned Oakes Fegley and Ed Oxenbould.

The Dolph suggestion is good. I agree with you there :)
He can also play King Greyskull himself, in flashbacks

You not thinking it holds up doesn't change the fact that it's already been cast.

And if it really ends up at Netflix don't expect them to replace one of their in-house teen heartthrobs.

I don't think ,whoever is making this movie now, if it's going forward will kick out their Prince Adam.
Would set the production back.
But I would like the studio to clarify if he will play both the Prince & He-Man.
Or just solely the Prince.
If He-Man were somehow CGI'd ,if done right, I wouldnt mind that, like the Hulk in Marvel's movies.

You not thinking it holds up doesn't change the fact that it's already been cast.
Come on, we CAN suggest actors who should have been cast. And also discuss them instead of ignoring the posts

Well just as important as Prince Adam /He-Man..who should be Skeletor?
And should he be CGI with someone's voice?

Seems like I have to post my list again:

Adam - Dakota Goyo, Charlie Plummer or Daniel Huttlestone
He Man - Alexander Skarsgård or Charlie Hunnam
Randor - Dolph Lundgren, Stellan Skarsgård or Sean Bean
Marlena - Kim Basinger, Meg Ryan, Holly Hunter or Lena Olin
Teela - Sophie Turner, Rachel Hurd Wood, Lily James or Imogen Poots
Man At Arms - Pierce Brosnan, David Wenham or Anthony Michael Hall
Orko - Jonathan Taylor Thomas (voice)
Sorceress - Lena Headey, Molly Ringwald or Izabella Scorupco
Stratos - Karl Urban or Eric Bana
Ram Man - Michael Chiklis or Matt Damon
Mekaneck - Paul Bettany or Lukas Haas
Fisto - Gerard Butler

Skeletor - Chrispin Glover, Colin Farrell, Viggo Mortensen or Peter Stormare
Evil Lyn - Courtney Cox, Neve Campbell or Noomi Rapace
Beastman - Charlie Hunnam or mo cap Andy Serkis
Tri Klops - Jake Gyllenhaal or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Trap Jaw - Ray Park or Tom Hardy
Mer Man - Doug Jones

Characters saved for potential sequels, if they were to happen (with the obvious expansion of the fictional universe): Roboto, Sy Klone, Moss Man, Buzz Off, Man E Faces, Zodak,
Webstor, Spikor, Stinkor, Jitsu, Two Bad, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Clawful,
Rokkon & Stonedar, Rio Blast, Clamp Champ, Extendar, Snout Sprout

And of course
King Hiss - Guy Pearce or Jude Law (slimy but menacing, should be more dangerous than Skeletor)
Hordak - Hugo Weaving or Clive Owen (most powerful dark warlord)

I don’t mind CGI as you aren’t going to see the real actor’s face anyway.

Is that Noah guy still playing He-Man?

Supposedly yes. He's been attached for a while, but it's like this movie's been in development bad place forever. No one seems to be in a hurry to make it. So until it actually gets greenlit, it's kind of irrelevant at this point.

Supposedly yes. He's been attached for a while, but it's like this movie's been in development bad place forever. No one seems to be in a hurry to make it. So until it actually gets greenlit, it's kind of irrelevant at this point.
There is also an animated movie in the works, right? I'm a total He-Man newbie thats trying to get into the series.

There is also an animated movie in the works, right? I'm a total He-Man newbie thats trying to get into the series.

There's the Kevin Smith animated series and a new CG animated series, which is a total reboot, both on Netflix. No animated movie in the works that I know of. I know there's a Netflix animation guy who is a huge fan of all things MOTU, so that's why I think we're seeing all these new shows right now.

There's the Kevin Smith animated series and a new CG animated series, which is a total reboot, both on Netflix. No animated movie in the works that I know of. I know there's a Netflix animation guy who is a huge fan of all things MOTU, so that's why I think we're seeing all these new shows right now.
Thank you sir. Do these projects have a release date yet?

Good idea & good call JKR.
I always thought the original He-Man outfit was a bit too....cartoony?
There's a number of other adjectives I could use but this is a family site.
I always felt if you want some credibility & have a more serious tone, a complete redesign of his outfit was needed.

I want my He-Man in his leather harness, dammit! :D

Seems like I have to post my list again:

Adam - Dakota Goyo, Charlie Plummer or Daniel Huttlestone
He Man - Alexander Skarsgård or Charlie Hunnam
Randor - Dolph Lundgren, Stellan Skarsgård or Sean Bean
Marlena - Kim Basinger, Meg Ryan, Holly Hunter or Lena Olin
Teela - Sophie Turner, Rachel Hurd Wood, Lily James or Imogen Poots
Man At Arms - Pierce Brosnan, David Wenham or Anthony Michael Hall
Orko - Jonathan Taylor Thomas (voice)
Sorceress - Lena Headey, Molly Ringwald or Izabella Scorupco
Stratos - Karl Urban or Eric Bana
Ram Man - Michael Chiklis or Matt Damon
Mekaneck - Paul Bettany or Lukas Haas
Fisto - Gerard Butler

Skeletor - Chrispin Glover, Colin Farrell, Viggo Mortensen or Peter Stormare
Evil Lyn - Courtney Cox, Neve Campbell or Noomi Rapace
Beastman - Charlie Hunnam or mo cap Andy Serkis
Tri Klops - Jake Gyllenhaal or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Trap Jaw - Ray Park or Tom Hardy
Mer Man - Doug Jones

I would agree with Dolph as Randor or maybe even Man at Arms, he would be perfect for either.
If you're choosing Dolph for Randor....then I could see Eric Bana or Karl Urban as Man at Arms.

I would agree with Dolph as Randor or maybe even Man at Arms, he would be perfect for either.
If you're choosing Dolph for Randor....then I could see Eric Bana or Karl Urban as Man at Arms.
Alternative suggestions to my list. Interesting choices for Duncan there.
Both will work, even though I had them for Stratos (because they would be believe as warrior kings).

I really tried to pick the right people for every character I want to be in the first film (and the two future villains, if MOTU were made a trilogy). Perhaps I still failed with some of them???

While all the suggested ones more or less have the right vibe for a character, some names could unfortunately be too old for his/her chosen character (most notable Skarsgård Sr and Brosnan).
But them being de-aged with cgi could be a solution. That is, if a certain actor is so right for the character that he just has to play him. I would personally say that Brosnan would really nail Man-At-Arms. But it's about 5-10 years too late for him

While all the suggested ones more or less have the right vibe for a character, some names could unfortunately be too old for his/her chosen character (most notable Skarsgård Sr and Brosnan).
But them being de-aged with cgi could be a solution. That is, if a certain actor is so right for the character that he just has to play him. I would personally say that Brosnan would really nail Man-At-Arms. But it's about 5-10 years too late for him

In that case if you want a Man-at-arms in his mid-fifties that could give the character something similar to what a younger Brosnan (now 66) could, but with a but more physical presence, might I suggest Clive Owen.

I'd definitely have both Bana and Urban down more as Stratos candidates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"