Great Hera... It's the Wonder Woman Villains thread!

I'm really hoping it's Ares, and if it is, I'm also hoping they hold back on showing him in his true form throughout the marketing campaign. It would be a really nice surprise to see in the film itself.

I'm overjoyed that, after so many years of hearing about how WW's villains suck and only her myth based rogues would appear, we are getting Dr. Poison in WW's first ever solo film.

Brian Azzarello said all her enemies sucked and that's why her gave her a new nemesis with the First Born. So glad that that loser isn't who they went with.

Kinda a side thing for the future but I just started WW rebirth. Really enjoy Cheeta's redesign, especially the face. Looks very ferocious and feral

5354392-cheetah702.jpg

Rebirth Cheetah has been a breath of fresh air after all the years of crappy writing the character has been saddled with. Rucka is giving her her dignity back.

I'm hoping Barbara Minerva is at least mentioned in the present day as a friend of Diana. If Diana is working at a museum and dealing with artifacts, working Barbara into the plot is a no-brainer.

After watching the trailer again I think the General of the Imperial German Army could be Ares in disguise.

What if Danny Huston is just a German general being influenced by Ares, but not Ares himself? Working with Dr. Poison, of course. My reasoning for this is that we still haven't seen David Thewlis in the trailers yet, have we? And they haven't announced his character either. David could be the Big Baddie aka Ares.

Last edited:
Hope Cheetah will be in Wonder Woman 2

Definitely! Diana, as an antiquities dealer, occasionally partners with Barbara to hunt down mystical and dangerous relics. Barbara starts to get annoyed that Diana keeps taking and destroying all of these powerful relics. Barbara is also jealous of Diana's inherent powers and the lasso of truth.

Barbara finds herself permanently injured on one such adventure and blames Diana for now allowing her to use some of the relics to increase her strength, durability, etc. So, Barbara seeks out a final relic which she had a lead on and kept secret from Diana. Barbara uses that relic to become the Cheetah!

BUT, Diana redeems the Cheetah in the end and they form an uneasy alliance against the true threat - the god / demon / whatever that granted Barbara the Cheetah powers and they unit to save the day and potentially salvage an uneasy friendship.

What if Danny Huston is just a German general being influenced by Ares, but not Ares himself? Working with Dr. Poison, of course. My reasoning for this is that we still haven't seen David Thewlis in the trailers yet, have we? And they haven't announced his character either. David could be the Big Baddie aka Ares.

Well she is throwing him around quite hard to be just a normal human I mean she flings him into a building with the lasso in the trailer? He definitely must have some sort of powers otherwise I don't imagine Diana throwing German generals around like ragdolls.

Thing is, we see Huston going at Diana with a sword, so. . .

I think I go with the "Duke of Deception" theory, at this point. He's not Ares, but he is a superhuman agent of Ares. Lets you have your cake and eat it, too.

Hey, what about David Thewlis? Does anyone knows what character he is going to play?

Thing is, we see Huston going at Diana with a sword, so. . .

I think I go with the "Duke of Deception" theory, at this point. He's not Ares, but he is a superhuman agent of Ares. Lets you have your cake and eat it, too.

I've been slowing the scene down, but I still can't figure it out if he's holding Diana's sword or some other one. Because if he has a sword of his own, that could tell us something about the character.

Keeping in mind that the Lego sets for DC and Marvel movies can sometimes be mildly or wildly inaccurate, a trusted source for Lego rumours has advised that the Lego set for the "Wonder Woman" film includes:

Wonder Woman
Steve Trevor
A Giant-Man sized Ares (a reference to the Ant-Man / Giant-Man included in a Lego set for Civil War: https://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Super-Hero-Airport-Battle-76051)
A plane

So, the final battle could include a giant-sized Ares battling Wonder Woman with Steve Trevor providing assistance in a plane.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/delta.customs/?hl=en

My guess is, the details about the Lego set are totally accurate. However, it has nothing to do with the contents of the movie beyond the obvious.

Yeah I don't now how I feel about it especially when the trailer starting to veer towards BvS-esque 3rd act VFX fest.

If Ares is the villain then maybe this is how it's going to end for him.
[YT]fGTxvBJjOtY[/YT]

Last edited:
SreN4v.jpg

ARES- Danny Huston
DUKE OF DECEPTION- David Thewlis
DR POISON- Elena Anaya

Last edited:
SreN4v.jpg

ARES- Danny Huston
DUKE OF DECEPTION- David Thewlis
DR POISON- Elena Anaya

The only thing throwing me off with this idea of Thewlis as Ares is we've seen a bts photo of him and he's wearing an army captain or sergeant, something like that, uniform so he's probably Trevor's commander.

It says Thewlis as Duke of Deception, not Ares. Though I very much doubt he's either.

Thewlis is playing Remus Lupin who will meet Diana and bridge the universes lol.

Heh... I like Thewlis, he plays weird characters particularly well, but I always found him to be an odd choice for Lupin. Matter of fact, many HP castings feel off, but that is a discussion for another thread.

The only thing throwing me off with this idea of Thewlis as Ares is we've seen a bts photo of him and he's wearing an army captain or sergeant, something like that, uniform so he's probably Trevor's commander.

I didn't know that. Well that may change some things. Elena as Dr Poison is pretty much confirmed but Danny Huston can be either Ares or Duke of Deception. Either way I'd be happy! There's still so many unconfirmed roles (Saiid, Ewen, Thewlis, Huston) so im curious who they are playing.

Now when I think about it, I also don't remember seeing him in uniform, only suit and tie in that cast and crew photo when they wrapped the film. Could you post that pic here whenforeverisnt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"