Arrowverse General Green Arrow and the Canaries

Did anything happen to make its cancellation likely?

The fact that they havent announced it when they were supposed to in May and they are ordering a Powerpuff Girls pilot that has 3 female heroes fighting crime...I think they are trying to keep this in their back pocket. But for how long though? because they have to keep paying those 3 to stay under contract....

But I think they just feel Arrowverse fatigue and despite its popularity, TheCW wants a break (imo)

The fact that they havent announced it when they were supposed to in May and they are ordering a Powerpuff Girls pilot that has 3 female heroes fighting crime...I think they are trying to keep this in their back pocket. But for how long though? because they have to keep paying those 3 to stay under contract....

But I think they just feel Arrowverse fatigue and despite its popularity, TheCW wants a break (imo)
Ah, gotcha. :up:

Makes me mad that they think a Painkiller spin off is better than this? Srsly?

So they cancel one show we don't need, but keep another show that we don't need either. :p

I'm kinda' glad that this canaries show got canned though, I wasn't remotely inspired by the pilot episode they tried with Mia.

Makes me mad that they think a Painkiller spin off is better than this? Srsly?
I'm not convinced the Painkiller series will go ahead. I just don't see how they can cancel Black Lightning whilst moving ahead with a character that's lesser known, and less interesting.

It’s crazy it didn’t get picked up though, the ratings for the backdoor pilot were either the or some or the best of the season. Also fan interest was pretty high. It literally ticked every box for a backdoor pilot and while the CW haven’t developed many backdoor pilots into their own show I believe this was the first DC Arrowverse show that didn’t get picked up from a backdoor pilot.

We all knew it was dead but the fact Guggenheim knew back before the pandemic started & actually kept people strung along when asked is really scummy imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"