Arrow (Green) Arrow Comics/Graphic Novel Thread and Discussion

I had the same goal (collecting all GA Trades) but I've gotten so into it that now I'm also collecting single issues (for the moment the important ones or just shorter arcs, but yeah, I already see myself spending money on some old Detective Comics to get to the GA backup issues ;) ).

That said, you're missing some of the lesser known trades.
There is

-The Poison Tomorrow (a GA Bats crossover from the 80s or 90s by O'Neil)
->I'm actually not sure if it's a trade or just a one shot but in every case it's just one book (I've ordered it but haven't recieved it yet)

-Batman: The ring, the arrow and the bat
->this one has a misleading title! These are O'Neil stories (more or less canon, they kinda mix the Golden age stuff with later things and have their own take on certain established things, but continuity in GA is always a bit tricky) that show how GA met GL (so the first story is without Bats!) and later how GA met Bats.So you see, it's a GA trade.

-The Wonder Year-> it's Grell's take on the origin (so an older version of year one). I don't own it but I've read it. I don't like it too much. Compared to the rest of Grell's work it's somehow cheesy. But if you aim at a complete collection it should be included.

-Justice League: The rise and fall special-> other misleading title, this is a pure GA (first part) and Roy Harper (second part) story dealing with the aftermath of Cry For Justice.

-The 3rd Volume of Arrow is already available.

-Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (no idea if you intend to collect stories without Ollie Queen but this is the only Trade with Connor as main character (it's not from the time where he was the only GA it takes places somewhere after Ollie's resurrection).

-As a part of the Jack Kirby Omnibus series there should be a volume dedicated to GA (but I'm not sure how many of those stories the Showcase collection already has).

Maybe I've missed some. Don't know.

In any case, to understand GA and some of the concepts in some of the trades i recommend owning Identity Crisis (establishes his rivalery with both, Doctor Light and Deathstroke) and Cry For Justice (heavily leads into Rise and Fall and the storylines in Into The Woods and Salvation are also connected to the aftermath of that). I know, most people here hate those two stories but they're important to the character. ;)
Oh! If you make an exception to the only trades rule get Green Arrow 96-101 from the 90's. That's the arc that ends with Ollie's death.

I hope this was of some help. Good luck with your collections folks!

these collection also feature green arrow

Seven-Soldiers-covers.jpg

GreenA2.jpg

kirbygreenarrow.jpg

GREEN ARROW VOL. 5: THE OUTSIDERS WAR TP

Written by JEFF LEMIRE
Art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
On sale OCTOBER 8 • 176 pg, FC, $16.99 US
In these stories from issues #25-31, Green Arrow discovers that his stranding on a desert island was not just an accident – and there are sinister forces at work behind it all! The Queen family is embroiled in a war generations old. A war of clans. A war of outsiders.

Also coming in october
GREEN_ARROW_VOL._2_HERE_THERE_BE_DRAGONS_TP.jpg

GREEN ARROW VOL. 2: HERE THERE BE DRAGONS TP

GREEN ARROW VOL. 2: HERE THERE BE DRAGONS TP

COMICS: Felicity Smoak to Be Included in the New 52 GREEN ARROW

In a recent interview following the anno
uncement of Kreisberg taking over the writing duties of the ongoing New 52 Green Arrow series, he also went on to confirm that the character of Felicty Smoak will make her New 52 debut in the series as well

Same here. will see how is new creative team if not I dropped it:cmad::cmad:..I really dont trust Andrew Kreisberg he screwed Dinah twice..

well BC has not been introduce in the new 52 GA. There is hope they won't screw it up since on Arrow it not great nor the other comic so maybe third time is a charm?

I am talking about his first green arrow black canary run also arrow. I think lemire was plan too introduce black canary ..

it is a different guy now who also in charge of Arrow so maybe BC and perhaps Roy Harper and Mia Dearden

I don't know why they decide to go from star city to seattle........would be nice if they return to GA home.....

I’m glad dc let marry on injustice . her son name is connor lance

l9ofZeL.jpg

it is a different guy now who also in charge of Arrow so maybe BC and perhaps Roy Harper and Mia Dearden

Agreed I hope he improves this time. I really feel sorry for Naomi.:csad::csad::csad::csad:

confirm that the character of Felicty Smoak will make her New 52 debut in the series as well ..

Agreed I hope he improves this time. I really feel sorry for Naomi.:csad::csad::csad::csad:

confirm that the character of Felicty Smoak will make her New 52 debut in the series as well ..

Naomi is basically Felicity......so she pretty much going to die.....there no need for two computer geeks

But Naomi is minority.. I also am not a fan of killing off female characters

I believe the storyline is close to finish so a new one will start. I just hope they return to Star City! A great way to reintroduce BC and her father

I believe the storyline is close to finish so a new one will start. I just hope they return to Star City! A great way to reintroduce BC and her father

Sorry :csad::csad::csad: he already dead.
Dinah kill him with her Canary Cr

We still got one more issue of the Lemire/Sorrentino/Maiolo run left in september. Really gonna miss them. I may give the first issue of the new creative team a try.

We still got one more issue of the Lemire/Sorrentino/Maiolo run left in september. Really gonna miss them. I may give the first issue of the new creative team a try.

Same. also check out justice league united by lemire green arrow is in it..

I think there is a chance the new team could return to something similar to Mike Greil and be gritty and dark and GA willing to kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"